Photo

When are we going to get Randomizer Omega for ZC?

Randomizer Levels Items

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 antwan4000

antwan4000

Junior

• Members

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

When are we going to see Randomizer Omega for ZC?

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

Whenever a Randomizer Omega gets made.

presumably by Hero of Fire

• Shane likes this

#3 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:49 PM

This topic seems familiar. Oh well, might just be me.

Funny thing is, while I'm still working on getting Mirage Island up to a 1.0 candidate, between it and the Not Enough Weapons Demo I've basically figured out everything I've wanted for a good "Omega". Custom doors, multiple items spawning per screen, workarounds for the 255 item limit, etc.

And I went back to play Alpha recently and... wow. All the features of the newer quests that it didn't have. Namely the Ex3 (or 4) showing the current item tally of the area you're in at any time.

On the other hand, developing Mirage Island made me realize a new limit. 255 maps. To explain, Randomizer Returns has 21 sets of 9 dungeons, or 189 dungeons, plus the 4 overworlds and a bunch of Maps used for the randomized caves and logic. The quest uses 81 maps.

Mirage Island has been designed to (maybe) have up to 144 dungeons, up to 4 16 x 16 overworlds, plus the aforementioned Maps for randomized caves and logic. However, every playable DMap also uses another Map for layering. The quest uses 185 maps currently.

Legend of Pokemon Warrior uses the GB tileset, which is far more layer heavy. Every DMap uses 4 extra maps for layering. The exact dungeon count is a little tricky, depending on how you count the caves and overworld areas, but it is probably less than 60 different areas. The quest uses 110 maps.

Needless to say, it is not possible to have all the dungeons from Returns in a layer heavy tileset, given the 255 Map limit.

Then again, the original intention of Omega was to be Randomizer Alpha but give everything the Parallel Outlands design treatment. Given the reactions and ignoring of Returns, obviously the Z1 design has outlived it's welcome. So at minimum, I suppose I'd have to make the Overworlds and Dungeons of Omega closer to Mirage Island design, just with the Alpha item and dungeon counts.

I guess the question is, how similar/different do you expect Omega to be compared to Alpha. What level design of the post-Alpha quests do you expect Omega to be closest to?

I can also propose one design idea I've had recently. As the "Omega" or Finale of the "classic" randomizers, it would make sense to also have content from Randomizer BS and Randomizer Omega. So, similar to Reutrns, you would randomly start in the Z1, BS, or Outlands overworlds. Early on would be access to warps between the different overworlds. And to address the length concern, it would take some ideas from Mirage Island, both the option to have fewer dungeons appear, but also have a single (possible randomly picked) final dungeon you can access with just a few key items. Said final dungeon would be very difficult to tackle early on, so you might be encouraged to explore the large number of main dungeons for more items first. Collecting the Triforce and completing Level 9s would also have some effect on the final dungeon and boss.

You can safely assume there will be an option to have randomized caves like my recent randomizers. And given the ideas above, also have the dungeon sets that appear randomized as well (unless they ALL appear).

As for bonus/secret content, those ideas come later.

For the short version, hopefully before Fear is released in 2032, or Eppy and MST will never let me live it down.

• Eddy and Ryunaker like this

#4 Ryunaker

Ryunaker

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

I keep coming back to this, to try and figure out something to suggest, but I keep coming up blank.  I'm not sure what else I could really recommend for Omega.

#5 antwan4000

antwan4000

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

I keep coming back to this, to try and figure out something to suggest, but I keep coming up blank.  I'm not sure what else I could really recommend for Omega.

The Dungeons from Classic 1st, 2nd, Lost 1st, Lost 2nd, 4th. 5th, BS 1st, BS 2nd Minus 1st, Minus 2nd, Outlands including Expanded, Awakening, Returns, Collab 1st, 2nd & 3rd and Mini 1st, 2nd & 3rd maybe, Official 3rd, 4th & 5th and Elemental Levels from BS.  Weapons will be available, Stone of Agony in Classic Overworld will be Available to unlock the Portal to BS Overworld, Another Stone of Agony in BS Overworld may be available to unlock the Portal to Outlands Overworld.  Also Make a Parallel Overworld for Classic, BS & Outlands with EX Levels

#6 antwan4000

antwan4000

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

And Mirage Island Dungeons will also be added with Other Levels via Warp Zone to Overworld, BS, Outlands, Mirage with New Monsters & Bosses

#7 KuznetsovSr

KuznetsovSr

Гониво

• Members

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:43 PM

when will NASA get a southeastern chapter? there are several tracks in the area, whats stopping us?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Randomizer, Levels, Items

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users