• Please log in to reply
3580 replies to this topic

#3571 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:02 AM

"YAK NO LIKE ZELDA! YAK DESTROY!"

I thought this was a really funny episode. I have just caught up with every episode now. I have to say that I really like Season 5 so far. I wasn't expecting it to still be this consistently good, and I've been right so far.

Edit: I have to admit that I enjoyed the 100th episode. I had a fear it wouldn't be good, and I was wrong.

Edited by Reimu, 29 June 2015 - 04:32 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3572 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

So, Amending Fences was a fucking legendary episode if ever I saw one.

Spoiler

Edited by Fabbrizio, 08 July 2015 - 06:46 PM.

• ShadowTiger and Erdrick like this

#3573 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:53 AM

I also agree that it was a great episode.

Spoiler

#3574 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

I'm just gonna put this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZvufrdvWuw

That is all.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3575 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:38 AM

Yeah, I do love all of those varieties of videos. The author does an exceptional job of them.

------------------------------

NEWS:

I am currently trying to round up a few people for BronyCon 2016! It's scheduled for July 8th through the 10th.

If you order your passes before October 10th, You only pay $67.50 or so. I highly recommend doing this now.

I would very much like to get two hotel rooms side by side. I've been in groups of 4, 8 and 40 at 'cons before. The more people that go, the merrier. Believe me, it's amazing. It's also less expensive if we can fill those hotel rooms. Last time I stayed in the Embassy Suites hotel that I usually stay in, I only paid $190 for the four days (three nights.) It was really fantastic. That includes free breakfast, by the way, which is nothing minor.

I currently have between three and five people who can go. Our very own Bayta may be one of them, heavens willing. Do let me know if you want to go!

We meet in Penn Station in Manhattan, then walk out topside and go a few blocks to the west side of Manhattan, then catch a Bolt Bus to the Inner Harbor. (3-4 hours.) Then a far shorter bus a few blocks down to the hotel. Then we'll probably go to wait in line for our badges, then hang out for the rest of the day and plan out what we want to go to.

It's best if we stay as a group. It's really a lot more fulfilling if we don't keep separating, apparently.

#3576 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:44 AM

I might be interested, I'll check back a bit closer to the October deadline. Getting a Cintiq Companion is a bigger priority so I don't know how my financial situation will be at that point. 

#3577 RetroChallengeGamer

RetroChallengeGamer

Challenge LP'r

• Members

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

Does this count towards the topic? I am currently doing a Let's Play series of Mega Pony - A cross-bred fusion of Mega Man and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic! I am doing a No Death, Buster Only, Blind run of it.

https://www.youtube....t89gFGZkQlImyVp

Edited by RetroChallengeGamer, 17 August 2015 - 04:02 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3578 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:46 PM

So I have to spoiler-tag the whole post about the Friendship Games movie. I definitely spoil the end here, so if you haven't seen it and want to, absolutely do not click on that spoiler button. No really, don't. I don't hold back on spoilers at all. Restrain thyself.

Spoiler

#3579 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:16 PM

Four year bump!

It's over. Today aired the final episode.

My shirt is completely soaked. I have to buy two more boxes of tissues. I'm pretty sure my neighbors think my house is haunted now.

That's okay. I'm not sad because it's over. I'm happy because I got to experience all of the wonderful moments, the hilarious stints and references, the delightful musicals that didn't make me cringe, the effective and magnetic characters, the deadly season openings and closings, and the glorious message of friendship and not treating each other like garbage.

I don't know if there's anyone left here that still watches it. I'm not going to pull people together to talk about it. It's its own phenomenon and people follow their own path through life. It just happens to have made itself the very road upon which I've been walking, and the food I've been eating.

It's been swell. Thank you for nine incredible, awe-inspiring years of packing my heart and soul with everything good.
  • Jared likes this

#3580 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:30 PM

Ave atque vale, mi mannule!

I haven't watched the show in years, but I enjoyed its first season thoroughly. I made friendships through it and I know many others did, and it gave great joy to so many. Nothing will feel quite the same as that first year when the internet was ablaze with fan creativity: songs, animations, artwork, voice-overs, writing. Both the quality and quantity of fan production was incredible.

The public bewilderment that so many male viewers were drawn to it so ardently will never cease to amuse me. It's how I was drawn in, even. A friend approached me at lunch hour, back in high school, making fun of 'grown men who watch My Little Pony', and I, remembering the old show that my much older sisters had watched, thought it was ridiculous. That same night when I went home I watched an episode of Friendship is Magic and was immediately hooked for the first season. Some irony.

The second season felt different to me, and the third fundamentally so, and I moved on to other things, but I'll always cherish the memories of that first year. Hell, I even had an ill advised and ill fated real-life relationship that basically revolved around the show. Happy and weird times indeed.

So, in honour of the show and #Ponyville, /me hugs Shadowtiger.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3581 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 September 2021 - 08:54 PM

MEGA BUMP

I just watched the MLP G5 Movie.

It had no right to be as good as it was.  I think they got everything right.  I have no complaints.  I entered it with medium to high expectations, and emerged glowing. 

I'm not saying it's life-changing.  Nothing is.  Things are what you make of them.  But boy howdy am I hooked.  I'll always miss G4 for its magic, but there's so much room for story here, and I'm deeply looking forward to where they bring us and what they decide to show us. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users