• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(Mr. Pimpy)
(Did I somehow receive some sort of magical version of Vista with no compatibility problems? icon_deformed.gif)
You said you have a laptop. Did it come with Vista already installed and configured? 'Cause you'll definitely have less trouble if it was designed from the beginning with Vista in mind.

#32 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(Pregnant_Cow @ Feb 12 2008, 09:39 AM) View Post

I have had my 3 XP's for about 3 years each, and my brother had his vista for about 5 days, and his froze about 20 times, and my XP's have probably froze about 3 or 4 times each. i dont have any problem with freezing.

do you forget that Windows XP has like 1,000 patches already for it after service pack 2's release? it's no wonder it is more stable then vista currently is which hasen't even had 1 service pack released for it yet.

Edited by franpa, 12 February 2008 - 01:34 AM.

#33 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(Mr. Pimpy @ Feb 11 2008, 08:42 PM) View Post

Home Premium, the one under Ultimate. P:

I think you have been blessed with a magical version of Windows Vista. I have the same one you do, and 2.10 crashes whenever I try to open it.

#34 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(Mr. Pimpy)

If that doesn't work you could try right clicking and telling it to run under XP SP1 or 2, though I've never had to do this.

I tried compatability running it, and I tried just running it under Vista... it won't work. Check AGNs threads, it's the same over there for a lot of people. They all post saying "I can't run 2.10 on Vista!" and nobody ever knows what to tell them.

You said you have a laptop. Did it come with Vista already installed and configured? 'Cause you'll definitely have less trouble if it was designed from the beginning with Vista in mind.

Mine came designed for Vista too.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 12 February 2008 - 11:27 AM.

#35 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Feb 12 2008, 11:27 AM) View Post

I tried compatability running it, and I tried just running it under Vista... it won't work. Check AGNs threads, it's the same over there for a lot of people. They all post saying "I can't run 2.10 on Vista!" and nobody ever knows what to tell them.

Not to go off topic, but I think the problem there is since people are more worried about 2.5, they tend to forget about 2.10. However, if you feel the need, you could talk to Dark Nation about it. Or you could try 2.10.2

Vista? I always tell people that ask about it. Just get out a piece of paper, stick it under your computer, then walk away. That's the best use you'll get out of it.
That's the way I feel right now about it. It may get better as time goes on. XP had similar issues when it first hit. So...

#36 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(rocksfan13 @ Feb 12 2008, 11:53 AM) View Post

Vista? I always tell people that ask about it. Just get out a piece of paper, stick it under your computer, then walk away. That's the best use you'll get out of it.

You can also use it as a $1700 doorstop!

But seriously. I despise Vista, I don't think anyone really should like it, but if you do, whatever. It's your problem, in my opinion.

#37 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Feb 12 2008, 01:27 PM) View Post

I'm telling you it works for me with no problems, and it took no extra precautions to run it. P:

#38 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

Most of the computers that are "Vista Compatible" are far from it, unless its built specificly FOR Vista, which, in my, and most other, cases was not the case at all.

The sticker is a lie.

#39 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:55 PM

But seriously. I despise Vista, I don't think anyone really should like it, but if you do, whatever. It's your problem, in my opinion.

And in my opinion it's my solution.

#40 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:26 PM

<rentamod>I smell a flame war.</rentamod>

(I garuntee I'll get warned by staff for that line. >.>)

Things are heating up, so I won't encourage them. But all I will say is Vista does have a few quirks (maybe more than I've seen in the past), but it also has its advantages. You can't win, you know?

#41 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:47 PM

We're exchanging opposing comments, not flaming. icon_wink.gif

#42 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:53 PM

Yes TMS. This is your warning. Please do not Rent-a-mod. We can handle it if it gets out of control. Shame on you for posting it even though you knew it would get you a warning. *Smacks with duel glove*

Everyone has their opinions in this matter. The only right thing to do to get your opinion across is not to turn this into an argument. Otherwise, it will most certainly turn into a flame war.

Consider that this thread's warning of closure.

#43 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(Mr. Pimpy @ Feb 12 2008, 10:56 AM) View Post

I'm telling you it works for me with no problems, and it took no extra precautions to run it. P:

You must be blessed. Some computer god is watching over you. icon_razz.gif

But seriously, I don't see why everybody hates Vista. It might not be that big of an upgrade to XP, but it's still a good operating system.

#44 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:41 AM

I wouldn't have given it a chance. I've become a Linux user and my laptop works better than it would have with Vista. Sure, Linux has a few hiccups, but its natural when no one supports it. icon_neutral.gif

Edited by Alestance, 14 February 2008 - 04:42 AM.

#45 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(Alestance @ Feb 14 2008, 01:41 AM) View Post

I wouldn't have given it a chance. I've become a Linux user and my laptop works better than it would have with Vista. Sure, Linux has a few hiccups, but its natural when no one supports it. icon_neutral.gif

If Linux is so good, why is it I've never heard of it before except on this forum and AGN?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users