The Legend of Zelda Cartoon Series

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 04 July 2021 - 08:09 PM

Shortly after the NES legend of zelda was released, there was a cartoon series made based on the very popular and successful game.  It was part of the Super Mario Brothers Super Show and it aired every Friday in the early 90's.  I remember watching this when I was a kid everyday after school.  Now, someone uploaded them on youtube.

The Legend of Zelda 101 - The Ringer - YouTube

The cartoons follow the LoZ very closely replicating all items and themes.  If you watch closely you might also notice there are no type A themes in the cartoon - its mostly type B combat.

• Magi_Hero, Rambly, Anthus and 6 others like this

#2 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2021 - 08:13 PM

this is beyond parody at this point
  • Rambly, Anthus, Mani Kanina and 2 others like this

#3 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2021 - 08:48 PM

PFbzV2a.png

• Rambly, DarkFlameSheep, Anthus and 4 others like this

#4 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 04 July 2021 - 09:04 PM

PFbzV2a.png

Type A and Type B personality theory

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 04 July 2021 - 09:19 PM.

#5 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 04 July 2021 - 09:07 PM

this thread is Type A propaganda. Type C is where it's at; smashing your face against challenges that make others question your sanity.

Join me James, unlock the funny question mark man in Yuurand. I am the only non-developer to unlock him, the entire boss to unlock him is harder than doing a 0 death run of liberation and insanity's extreme combined. I can make your achievement the GREATEST in koridai...

• DarkFlameSheep, Anthus, Orithan and 1 other like this

#6 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 July 2021 - 09:18 PM

i like the part in the zelda cartoon where zelda's like "we should be on our guard for ganon" and then thinks nothing of the suspicious and very large man who has ganon's voice and when asked for his name is all, "my name is not important"

• Adem, The Satellite, Mitchfork and 4 others like this

#7 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 04 July 2021 - 09:32 PM

Turning everything into a type a vs type b debate is an art form at this point.

• Rambly, Mani Kanina, Deedee and 1 other like this

#8 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 July 2021 - 09:39 PM

Mr. James - Have you considered creating some kind of Type A/B merchandising line? Think mugs, shirts, pins, contraceptives, etc -  You could use the proceeds to fund a high-profile Type B project.

Best wishes.

• Rambly, Mani Kanina and Deedee like this

#9 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 04 July 2021 - 09:44 PM

your sheer dedication to the bit is most admirable james

• Rambly and Deedee like this

#10 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2021 - 11:14 PM

this thread is Type A propaganda. Type C is where it's at; smashing your face against challenges that make others question your sanity.

Join me James, unlock the funny question mark man in Yuurand. I am the only non-developer to unlock him, the entire boss to unlock him is harder than doing a 0 death run of liberation and insanity's extreme combined. I can make your achievement the GREATEST in koridai...

Funny wallstick bullet go brrrrr

• Moosh, Orithan and Deedee like this

#11 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 04 July 2021 - 11:27 PM

James, your game history doesn't seem to progress since NES age...

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 04 July 2021 - 11:27 PM.

• Deedee likes this

#12 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 July 2021 - 08:09 AM

Weirdness in the OP aside, the Zelda show is alright. I recall wanting to watch it as a kid, but we only had tapes of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show at the time. For a video game adaptation based on a game with virtually no plot and directed at children, they could've done a lot worse. Glad the whole thing's put up in a convenient place like Youtube.

#13 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 05 July 2021 - 09:01 PM

Well.. Excuuuuse me Princess(es).

Type A refers to the style that more recent Zelda games are made.  Typically they involve lots of puzzles, easy to non-existent combat, exploration and really easy boss fights.  Any Zelda title older than A Link to the Past is type A. Most people here enjoy type A simply because they are much younger than I am and that's the Zelda that they knew when they were growing up.  I have tried some of these new Zelda games but they don't have the same appeal to me as a type B game.

Type B is the style of Zelda that existed in the NES era of the late 80's.  Typically focuses on challenge, difficult combat and lots of dying - like my LoH:IU.  Legend of Zelda exhibited type B properties in the 6th dungeon of the first quest and in the second quest.  Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link (my favourite game) is one big challenge quest.  Only OUCH!, me, Yloh, Gleeok and Dimi enjoy type B simply because most of us are fans of old NES Zelda.  You know the one that Zelda Classic has been made to make?

So its not really anyone's fault for their specific taste - its just how Nintendo has made Zelda.  Older generation is type B and the younger generation is type A.  Its just the way it is sadly because the game doesn't have uniform taste .  Its best that people try and understand this cultural difference in Zelda so that we can all be more - harmonious.

• Twilight Knight, Jenny and Matthew like this

#14 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 05 July 2021 - 09:19 PM

Okay, James24. I believe you never mean to look down average players with your A or B theory. But it often makes a lot of misunderstandings. So would you like to drop it?

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 05 July 2021 - 11:46 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#15 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 July 2021 - 10:21 PM

Note how cartoon Link is constantly using his sword beams to attack. The man never drops below max HP. Truly proof that he is a Type-B chad.

...Or he's just playing on a different ruleset from the game.

• Anthus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users