Photo

Screenshot of the Week 391

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 391 (50 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Glad you guys like the new Expedition Site. That was the map I decided to redo as said in one of my previous updates. And I have Sepulcher to thank for the palette and the Skulltula tiles.

#17 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

My vote goes to Dragonite, his shot was my favorite.

#18 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Off-topic: It's interesting to see how the first comment has an influence on the way other users comment on the screens. Usually someone starts with these X/10 points scores and everybody else jumps on the bandwagon. I decided not to give any points and people have just followed the trend (probably not even thinking about giving point scores).

#19 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Actually, that's how I always comment; to be perfectly honest, I didn't even read a single post in here (besides the one with the screenshots, obviously) before I posted. icon_heh.gif

#20 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Dec 4 2012, 03:08 PM) View Post

Actually, that's how I always comment; to be perfectly honest, I didn't even read a single post in here (besides the one with the screenshots, obviously) before I posted. icon_heh.gif

I wanted to ask, did you see my new updated screenshot in the thread? icon_razz.gif

#21 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Dec 4 2012, 01:56 PM) View Post

Off-topic: It's interesting to see how the first comment has an influence on the way other users comment on the screens. Usually someone starts with these X/10 points scores and everybody else jumps on the bandwagon. I decided not to give any points and people have just followed the trend (probably not even thinking about giving point scores).

Actually I just didn't pay attention to anyone's post. But thats interesting how this whole trend thing just happened.

#22 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Dec 4 2012, 03:41 PM) View Post
I wanted to ask, did you see my new updated screenshot in the thread? icon_razz.gif

Definitely better, though I still can't tell if you're supposed to be standing in shallow water. But at least the torches are clearly above water. I'm sure it's easier to tell what's going on in motion though.

#23 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Dec 4 2012, 09:41 PM) View Post

Oh yes, of course! Sorry, I thought I commented. So: Definately better! I still think the difference in colors should be more obvious but it's an advancement over the original set up.

Edit:
IPB Image

->

IPB Image

?

Edited by Sheik, 04 December 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#24 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

The edited palette looks much better, seperating the walls from the floor much more.

#25 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

Jonathan, do you have the 16x16 tMC iceblock tile(s)? Maybe you could recolor them into the DoR palette and give Jared a copy. I've been looking through the EoA resources but didn't find them (which is odd considering they are in the game). I believe the weird thingy in Jared's screen is supposed to be an ice block, but it looks really bad.

#26 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

They are 16x24 I believe, and yes I have them. I can recolor it when Im at home.

You can use these meanwhile Jared, unless you find something better IPB Image. Might also wanna use a cool blue palette for it instead of the dungeon green/blues.

Edited by Supindahood, 05 December 2012 - 06:04 AM.

#27 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

I didn't like how the lock block and the ice block looked and thus I remade them real quick. I'd also suggest other colors for the ice block. First screen is the way you had the ice colored, second is with a blue ice block. You should be save with CSet 7 and a bit of 8bit magic, I guess.

IPB Image---IPB Image

I hope you don't mind me messing with you screenshot all the time ;-)

Edit: Anybody else that wants to use that lock block or ice block can do so with Jared's permission.

Edited by Sheik, 05 December 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#28 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE(Supindahood @ Dec 5 2012, 08:17 PM) View Post

They are 16x24 I believe, and yes I have them. I can recolor it when Im at home.

You can use these meanwhile Jared, unless you find something better IPB Image. Might also wanna use a cool blue palette for it instead of the dungeon green/blues.

I made a palette that fits the description; you can see it here. I offered it to Jared at one time, but he said it looks more fitting for an ice dungeon. icon_razz.gif I personally think the blue walls will go well with dark grey floors.

Jared, by the way, the door tiles have different floor graphics, you might wanna add a border or else the cutoff looks a bit strange. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Shane, 05 December 2012 - 06:41 AM.

#29 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Man, all of those were really good. This was a hard choice, but I thought Dawnlight's was the best just because it looks like there isn't too much stuff, but still a good looking screen for a quest.

#30 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

It was close for me.

Normally I like simplistic stuff, but the thing about Jared's that got my vote is...I like the color design of it. Looks like something I wanna play asap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users