Changes to the Warning System

Rule Change

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

With our upgrade to IPB 3 out of the way, we've finally decided to go through with some changes to our warning system now since the software is far more flexible.

Here are the changed sections of the rules:

Spoiler

The short version is that we've changed to a 9 points system as opposed to the 3 points system (33%, 66%, 100%) we have been using up until now. Probations will happen every 3 points (when reaching those boundaries for the first time in a while).

The side effect of this is that minor offenses now show up on the warning meter. But don't be too scared off by that. Minor offenses are still minor things. They are not a big deal as long as you pay attention to what is being said. All this change means is that there is now a visual representation of something we have already been doing (3 sequential minor offenses = 1 major offense).

Another change worth noting here is that individual warning points now automatically expire after 60 days. This means if you have 2 points and a warning that had 1 point expires, you will go down to 1 point. This is handled by a scheduled task that runs once a day, so it may be a bit off.

And finally, I'd like to take this opportunity to ask that people check their notification options and make sure "Notify me if I am warned by a moderator" under Members has some sort of notification enabled. While we will still be sending PMs out for the most part, you should definitely make sure that setting is enabled.

If you have any questions about the system, feel free to ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users