PureZC 4.0

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#31 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

First off, Thanks to everyone that helped get this new site up and going, I'm very happy with the new page.
And second, my god... this is take me forever to get used to, and man I'm missing that background we used to have.

Oh well... I'm sure I'll get used to the pale yellow background.

#32 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

If you guys don't like the pale yellow, there's a slightly different alternate skin if you look in the bottom-left and hit "Change Theme". Try it out!

#33 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Lots of stuff :P

Unfortunately, the majority of these complaints are tied to the upgrade in Invision Board. Simply put, this had to be done. We were running on an ancient version of the forum software, which was really just an incident waiting to happen. While the new site is obviously not fool-proof, the old one was really unsecure and very vulnerable. It was to the point where a simple script newbie could do some severe damage with very little effort. Because of this, we had to upgrade. And unfortunately, the upgrade is so big, there would be absolutely no way to have two parallel versions of the site. Both the forums and site itself aren't compatible with the old versions.

A couple things I want to note:
  • We'll be getting some new skins in the future. We were trying to get the new site out ASAP, so I didn't want to bog it down by adding a classic skin, dark skin, etc.
  • A lot of your complaints are tied with Javascript. You can get something to disable Javascript on PZC.
  • In the editor, there's a little switch icon (it's the top left icon in the rows). You can click on that to disable the advanced editor.
  • The flood control was very necessary on the old site because without it, the site slowed down and had issues. Basically, it crashed multiple times. We'll test around with making this shorter, but it won't be immediate.
  • Regarding the top navigation, part of the issue is I didn't want to tie it into Javascript since it wouldn't work for people who have that disabled. I will be trying to make it so that you have to pause over the menus, though.

That being said, one feature that I miss from the old database is the "more by this author" pull-down menu. I know you can just copy the author's name and make a search for it but it's an extra hassle.

Any chance we could have that back?

There's what Sephiroth said, plus in the submission there's a "View Recommended" link. This will show a few entries by the same author as well as random entries from other people in the same section.

There also seems to be no way to add screenshots to a quest project submission.

You have to create the quest project first, then you can add the screenshots/demos afterward. You can have up to 100 screenshots and 3 demos, so I didn't want to have all that be in the first setup. :P

So this might sound kinda stupid, but is there a way to undo featuring a quest? I had assumed it was a staff feature that was visible because of a bug so I clicked it to see if it worked and now I see that I'm a complete idiot.

I'll remove it for you. Good job on reading the first post (and site help) where I mention the feature. :P

#34 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

If you guys don't like the pale yellow, there's a slightly different alternate skin if you look in the bottom-left and hit "Change Theme". Try it out!

Tried and that doesn't really do it for me. So I'll stay pale yellow. xD
It'll take me awhile but I'm sure I'll get used to it. <.<

#35 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

I will be starting a dark skin probably in the next few days. I don't think it'll take too long to do.

Also, just as a note, I moved the HQPFs underneath the Quest Project Discussion forum. Also, there's a possibility that some time in the future, Quest Player's Discussion and Quest Project Discussion will be merged.

As a couple of notes regarding quest projects...
  • If you are following a project, you can go to the followed projects section of your site options to ask to receive notifications about a project. You could even get emails about updates if you want!
  • You can set the home page to only show your personal quest project feed by going to the site options.
  • You can ask for a topic to be moved over to your quest project as either a public update or hidden developer topic. Note: The old topic will be removed to avoid confusion from duplicates.
We definitely want people to use the new quest project functionality, so if there's anything you all think should be added or changed, please let us know. :)

#36 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

not too fond of the yellow in the background, so i made a thing.

a thing

• Ventus likes this

#37 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

not too fond of the yellow in the background, so i made a thing.

a thing

I actually like how that looks, now that would be a theme I would use. :P

#38 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

It's not my cup of tea due to it being too monotone, but how does this look? I found the colors Sephiroth picked to be way too conflicting with the rest of the color scheme, so I modified them a bit and fixed up some other various things to make them readable.

Spoiler

Edit: I went ahead and added this skin as an option.
  • Sephiroth and Nathaniel like this

#39 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

It's not my cup of tea due to it being too monotone, but how does this look? I found the colors Sephiroth picked to be way too conflicting with the rest of the color scheme, so I modified them a bit and fixed up some other various things to make them readable.

Spoiler

Edit: I went ahead and added this skin as an option.

Now that is fantastic!, set it as my theme and I love it. Thank you! :D

#40 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

It's nice having options, even if it's as simple as some color differences. I in fact like the green as well. This I find to be very pleasing to my eyes, which I generally have more trouble with when it comes to lighter skins.

#41 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

It's nice having options, even if it's as simple as some color differences.

Does anybody want to remake the rainbow skin from April 1st some years ago? :>
  • Rambly likes this

#42 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

So glad it's all finally come together. It looks incredible. Much applause to LTM, Nick, and everyone else involved. Y'all are crazy great.

#43 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

It would probably be better for Quest Project Feeds (which is the page you're directed to when you click on Quest Projects) be a page in the menu - It's probably expected that when you do click on the Quest Projects text, you get a listing of the projects instead of getting feeds for those projects.

Also, it's probably time to revise the Forum descriptions - The new layout makes our current descriptions look very clunky...

#44 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Mmm, I really like the Green/Brown scheme. I admit that I miss the old skin already, but I'll get used to not seeing it :<

Thank you to everyone who worked hard to make this all happen, especially to Nick and LtM. I admit that despite my status, I sort of ignored this update going on for most of the time, but it's getting easier to get used to than I thought.

#45 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

I don't have the words to express how awesome it is that we made the transition. LinkTheMaster, Nick--you deserve every bit of credit for this accomplishment. Thank you so much. Truly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users