Warp in From Ceiling

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:38 AM

I need a way to make Link drop from the ceiling if he warps in. I could have sworn there was a way to do it without scripting, but I don't see any screen data setting that does it.

The only way I can think of is to make a duplicate screen with the "spawn from ceiling" script which direct-warps you to the real screen when you land... Or I could forgo the duplicate screen by checking if Link is on the return point and setting his Z if so.

It's not like I'm afraid of writing code. I just don't want to write code if I don't have to (for instance, I realized to make save points heal, I could simply give them an inherent flag for the fairy ring). For me, it tends to be a massive distraction from actually making maps.

#2 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:06 PM

Have a Link-shaped item drop from the ceiling. :lol:

• ShadowTiger and Beefster like this

#3 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

I like the idea, but that would only make the falling work the first time you enter the screen.

#4 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:49 PM

There's no clean way to do it without a script.

Just check where Link came from, and if he came from the ceiling (aka if he's on a specific spot when the screen loads), give him a Z value.

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:06 AM

Have a Link-shaped item drop from the ceiling. :lol:

First of all, I think this idea is absolutely hilarious in concept. An item shaped like Link. XD I love it.

What if it was an enemy instead -- An enemy without the ability to move.   We already have the ability to make custom enemies, so on a duplicate screen, have that custom enemy that looks like Link spawn where he should land, hide Link invisibly in a corner and unable to walk (Or press buttons - It's a VERY easy script for that.) then set a screen timer for the amount of tics the enemy is in the air, then have it warp Link to that position.  Same concept as NoeL's, but it's an enemy.  Ensure the enemy always respawns. I mean we'll never have a chance to kill it anyway, so...
  • Lightwulf likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users