Photo

Screenshot: Challenge Accepted #90

Lüt

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should win? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote your favorite

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shane

Shane

Epic Gamer

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:19 AM

Requirements:

• Recreate the following screen using any tileset excluding Classic:

b0TwzmC.png

Entries:

Anthus

wu8Mg9n.png

A straightforward re-creation. Will it have what it takes?

Jared

SO2zVdk.png

Joelmacool

9fmaXz6.png

What a peaceful place to build a windmill...

Lüt
4f3tw5D.png
The Jared is strong in me today.

Current Challenge:
  • Screen Type: Floating Islands or Underwater
  • On-screen Criteria:
    • Your screen must either take place in the sky or beneath the surface of water.
    • Must include a entrance to somewhere indoors (cave, house, temple, etc.)
    • And of course, you are allowed to use any tileset you wish.

Our current place in the rotation is in red!

• Joelmacool and Logos like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:29 AM

Anthus - It's definitely a good recreation, I like the look of the screen, but there isn't really anything else I can say about it.

Jared - Very unique indeed. I like the dark atmosphere here and it looks really cool. Nice job.

Joelmacool - Really love this shot. I love how you transformed the original shot into a coast. Very unique recreation.

Lut - Another shot I really love. The colours in this shot are really awesome and the recreation looks amazingly well done.

It was very close between Joel and Lut, I was literally torn. I have to go for Lut though, but I really wanted to vote for both if I could.

• Lightwulf likes this

#3 Moosh

Moosh

fug :DD

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

Lüt stole Jared's Jared so Jared couldn't even Jared this week. That said, I still like Jared's Jared. Meanwhile, Joel tried to Joel, but he couldn't Joel hard enough, so I didn't vote for Joel and instead voted for Lüt. And Anthus was there too.

Your screen must either take place in the sky or beneath the surface of water.

What if I do both? Hmmm...? HMMMMMM?

• Lightwulf and Joelmacool like this

#4 Shane

Shane

Epic Gamer

• Members

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:11 PM

What if I do both? Hmmm...? HMMMMMM?

You get magical invisible bonus points of course! :P But if you can seriously pull that off, I say go for it!

#5 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:49 PM

I nülled büt I woüld have voted for Lüt

Umlauts.

• Moosh, Lightwulf, Joelmacool and 1 other like this

#6 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:02 AM

You get magical invisible bonus points of course! :P But if you can seriously pull that off, I say go for it!

Welcome to Screenshot: Challenge Accepted! Where everything is made up and the points don't matter!

Anthus - Solid screen here. No complaints but also nothing too impressive.

Jared - I like the varying elevations and whatnot, but I feel like this screen deviates a bit much from the original.

Joelmacool - I really like the atmosphere and palette for this screen, but everything just seems way too crowded.

Lut - Good screen. It would be nice to see another tree or two near the top or right. The trees in the bottom left are positioned oddly close together, also, they block a lot of vision so I'm not sure where in that part of the screen I can walk.

Tough choice this week, but I ended up going with Joel.

• Lightwulf and Joelmacool like this

#7 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:51 AM

Lüt stole Jared's Jared so Jared couldn't even Jared this week.

The grand designer set down his master weapon for a brief moment, only to find it wielded by a new enemy :o

Umlauts.

This man speaks the truth.

Lut - Another shot I really love. The colours in this shot are really awesome and the recreation looks amazingly well done.

Rose ScootSheik palette FTW.

Lut - Good screen. It would be nice to see another tree or two near the top or right. The trees in the bottom left are positioned oddly close together, also, they block a lot of vision so I'm not sure where in that part of the screen I can walk.

Oh, those aren't trees, they're floating leaf piles.

Yeah, I honestly wondered the same thing. I see a number of popular tilesets with these big 4x4 trees, and a lot of designers use layers to make it so you can walk behind/underneath them, and I always wonder if there's a common walkability standard that's expected when using trees or other objects of such large size.

I'm not entirely sure where I'd fit another tree in the suggested areas though. I've got that corner of one in the upper-right. Actually, it's kind of interesting how both Joel and I ended up with a corner of medium-sized tree in exactly the same area.

Though I think his is a bit more unique when it comes to reinterpreting the screen, turning the lower rocks into a seashore, and with the windmill and all. Jared's is definitely the most unique of the bunch, and the most creative when it comes to doing a fresh twist on the gameplay. Anthus and I pretty much only did tile-per-tile recreations with our own enhancements and tweaks, just that I used BSMC... which means that, even if I happen to win, it's basically an indirect win for Jared as well :P

• Anthus and Lightwulf like this

#8 Shane

Shane

Epic Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:22 PM

Lüt wins with 62.50% of the vote. Congratulations!

4f3tw5D.png

The Jared is strong in me today.

Final Results:

• Anthus (2 votes [8.33%])
  • Jared (1 votes [4.17%])
  • Joelmacool (6 votes [25.00%])
  • Lüt (15 votes [62.50%])

Regarding Screenshot: Challenge Accepted #91, it will be delayed until next Friday due to not enough entries. In order to get it started next Friday, we just need at least one more submission. However, I'll give it a few more hours before the delay is set in stone, so if you have an entry and want the next poll up today, now's the time to submit!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lüt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users