chess

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:27 AM

omygawd. It's so complicated.. They have this thing called 'guest' members and welcomers. See if this works: http://www.chessworl...asp?from=733390

That link sent me to the welcomer game that I've been playing. If that wasn't your intent, then whatever you tried to do, didn't happen. I'll probably pay for a subscription soon, so I'll be able to do more things; but I doubt that many of the people here (with only marginal interest) would do the same.

I may just set up a private chess server for us.

--------

Full membership was only £20 a year, with a 28-day sign-up bonus; so I paid for it, and I sent you (Gleeok) an invitation.

Please notify me if you do not receive it.

--------

If anyone else signs up and wants to play matches (against me), I can invite you to games; but you will not be able to invite one-another, unless you sign up. Perhaps if I make a league, that would work?

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 27 February 2016 - 11:29 AM.

#17 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:10 AM

Gleeok and I have two (concurrent) running games, that you are welcome to watch, if that is possible for guests/other. Watch me be trounced--no, no, this is a good place to use 'pwned': Come on now, you know that you want to do it.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 01 March 2016 - 07:14 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#18 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:24 AM

Ho ho, how quickly you've resigned yourself to using bad chess puns.

[edit] That was just awful..

#19 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:51 PM

Ho ho, how quickly you've resigned yourself to using bad chess puns.

[edit] That was just awful..

[emphasis mine]

Here's the welcomer game that I played against paulp, if anyone wishes to analyse it:

http://tinyurl.com/z5yoyl7

Note that his last move was an effective surrender, as I'm pretty certain he foresaw that, despite being able to defend there:

Instead of (wh) Kd8 he should have gone Ne7, as that would have blocked the check and given him not only outs, but a chance at mobilising his q-side. barring error, I believe that he foresaw the outcome, and took the move, rather than tipping. Opinions?

#20 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:53 PM

I've registered for chessworld.net, if anyone wants to play. Not the paid version, though, so however that works.

I've also started a game of shogi with Zoria over here. (Seems to be completely free). If anyone else wants to play not-quite-chess of whatever variant, let me know.

I'm under this name on both of them. 

#21 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:32 AM

Hello purezc'ers. Are you board of video games? Then try some board games! (Also on a video screen *cough*) It's just like a turn-based RPG, but without the RPG nonsense. :P

And now you can even play the "Let's Mate ZoriaRPG" home game. :D [~This sentence is not phrased very well...]

Can anyone help 'ol Gleeok mate ZoriaRPG in 4 moves? [Black to play and mate in 4] :
chesszoria.jpg

*Gleeok flees

...but then comes back for a sec.

I've registered for chessworld.net, if anyone wants to play. Not the paid version, though, so however that works.

I've also started a game of shogi with Zoria over here. (Seems to be completely free). If anyone else wants to play not-quite-chess of whatever variant, let me know.

I'm under this name on both of them.

The way it works turned out to be weird for guest members. :/ Easiest thing is probably to get at least one more person and then start a tourney, or maybe a team if more than 6 people want to play.

Shogi is a little far out there; have to read the rules on those variants first.

[edit] Woah! Check this out! O_o
https://en.wikipedia...ki/Double_Chess

#22 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• ZC Developers

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:58 AM

I feel compelled to bring up Ultra Mega Shogi.

600px-TaikyokuShogiSente.svg.png

Chess With Different Armies is pretty good as well.

#23 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:20 AM

I'm down to 3 games so I tried to invite you, but it works not so great still. yeah... Maybe ZoriaRPG wants to set up an invite-only friend tourney or something.. I know those work.

#24 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

Hey, I play chess.
We've got a chess club in school that meets on Fridays, so there's that. The guy who takes it got as many of us to make a chess.com account as well. To be honest, I agree that there's too much you need to pay for (you can only be in one correspondence tournament at a time!), but there is a correspondence chess option, which allows up to two weeks between moves. They also give you a puzzle and 'tactics training', as well as a 'lesson' every day, more if you pay them.
Anyway, the relevant bit is this: my username on chess.com is the same as it is here. Look me up if you're interested, though I'm not amazing.

#25 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:22 PM

Did we never find a successful application?

...3DS perhaps?

Edited by Cukeman, 15 August 2016 - 07:34 PM.

#26 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:40 AM

I haven't played chess in a minute, but I would describe myself as marginally good. I kill the shit out of most of the computer players on chess apps, and I run about an even win to kids ratio against semi-skilled players. I might have to passcode my chops and get back to you.

#27 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:35 AM

Bumpity bump bump. Bump.

Haven't played chess in a long while so I created a chess.com account after still being email locked out of my old one (Hey email providers, thanks a bunch again for your super awesome security features such as phone activation, etc. and making it impossible for me to get into old accounts even though I know the username and password... bleh).

I'm way out of practice but I'm trying to get in at least a few hours a week. Just playing for fun, not really to get better--although I used to be very strong at slow time controls years ago. I will be happy to play any of you guys in the ZC community (as opposed to random people that disconnect on purpose, cheaters, and general ass-hats).

My username on chess.com is "GleeokAD" because apparently there are like 100 other Gleeoks there. :shrug:
If anyone is interested send me a freind request or post your username here.

#28 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:47 AM

I want to play. I made an account (Cukeman), but I'm not sure how to use the site.

EDIT: Sent you a friend request thingy

Edited by Cukeman, 11 December 2017 - 05:52 AM.

#29 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:07 AM

We finally got the blasted program to work, and for free. Yay!

EDIT: OMG, I played my first chess.com game just now and it says I made my account a whole year ago! Has it been that long?

Current Score:

Gleeok: 4

Cukeman: 1

(though I goofed big twice)

Edited by Cukeman, 11 December 2017 - 08:53 AM.

#30 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:10 AM

Good games Cukeman. Definitely a lot of super-lazy calculations from both sides, probably because it was so late and we were learning all the site features to boot lol.

I'd also like to change my assessment of chess.com from a few years ago. Back then, the ads were more annoying and there were tons of 'premium-only' stuff, and you'd frequently be taken to an "upgrade-to-premium page - buy now" and other assorted irks. Now there's a new layout, more features for free users, and much less annoying ads. They also added some chess variants like chess960, 3-check, bughouse, etc.

Anyway, current purezc chess.com users as of yesterday:
"GleeokAD"
"Cukeman"
"ZoriaRPG"

Send a friend request if you have a login there.
  • Cukeman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users