150 replies to this topic

#136 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Perfect. I'll PM you.

Here's another thing: http://www.mediafire...isanyi4ck513si0
That's RC1 for Windows with an extra line of logging. I'd be interested to see the end of allegro.log if it crashes while saving with that.

#137 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

After further investigation the dmap problem was actually an error on my own part. I set it to the wrong dmap which also uses the same map so that is why there was no music and the palette was changed. Thus it's not actually a problem with RC1. Sorry about that Saffith.

#138 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

Okay, here's a weird bug: ZQuest randomly cuts off the keyboard within the program itself until I close it. This randomly happens, I've seen it happen randomly in the String Editor and Tile Editor without doing anything abnormal and it doesn't print anything to Allergo.

#139 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Jun 25 2011, 09:32 PM) View Post

Okay, here's a weird bug: ZQuest randomly cuts off the keyboard within the program itself until I close it. This randomly happens, I've seen it happen randomly in the String Editor and Tile Editor without doing anything abnormal and it doesn't print anything to Allergo.

That happens to me too, when I'm playing DoY in 2.5. I can't type in a cheat into the cheat dialog. No characters enter the text field at all.

#140 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:30 AM

On the same line of randomness as the previous bug: In Zquest 2.10 mode, the Screen Data dialouge randomly pops up for no reason at all and it keeps popping up when I close it until I click out of ZQuest and then click back in. This bug has plauged me since Build 1296.

#141 The one from the red sand

The one from the red sand

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

Hello!
I have found some bugs:

1. When permanent secrets are triggered, you don't see the changes on layers on the map which you can see by enabling and pressing space. Tested with layer 3.

2. When you're on a fairy ring combo flag and get moved by a conveyor flag, Link freezes. Try it with a conveyor under a fairy ring combo, by walking from the conveyor to the fairy ring.

3. Unlike MIDIs, SFX continue to play when you leave the screen they're in until they've finished.Test it with long WAV sounds.

4. Lock Block combo types don't open if they don't have collision; they should open when you step on them.

Finally, I have some suggestions...I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this, but the first one is very important for my quest.

As I make German quests, and I know people who make French quests, I need the letters ü, ö, ä in German and é, è, ê, à, â, û, ï in French...would it be difficult to integrate them?

The other suggestion surely IS difficult: The possibility to use decimal numbers in the item editor. My first ring should not divide the damage by 2, only by 1.5, and the Cane of Byrna uses to much magic energy per frame, even with 1 set...

So, I hope I could help with the bugs and I hope I didn't requested too much! Thank you for reading this!

#142 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:32 AM

Another bug: When you put the Game Time object on the Subscreen, the actual object is offset to the left of the graphics.

Example of what I am saying (actual object: *, graphics: ^): *******^^^^^^^.

#143 The one from the red sand

The one from the red sand

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

Well, this bug COULD explain my problem with the large map (see ZQuest Editor Help). It may be that the actual map with the Link marker is partially offset to the RIGHT of the graphical map.

#144 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

Ah. I really need to be non-lazy when it comes to posting bugs when I find them.

I've actually had the whole direction issue with the boomerang for a long time. It happens with the A-weapon slot, but not the B-weapon slot. The only thing I've had issues with is when throwing the boomerang while hitting up and left.

Here's a quest that I just used to test the issue (should be beta 18 and above):
http://dl.dropbox.co...775404/boom.qst

#145 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

Disabling the flippers in RC1 does nothing except remove the icon from the inventory. It should make it so that he can't swim too.

#146 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:43 AM

I found a bug in 2.5b18, and I think it might of carried over. It is impossible to do string color codes, and this is why:

The keyboard is screwed up. The left bracket key ( [ ) does nothing, the right bracket key ( ] ) makes a left bracket, and the forward slash key ( \ ) which is used in string codes, makes a right bracket. icon_confused.gif I know it's not my keyboard, because I just typed them as normal, so it must be ZC's fault.

#147 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE(King Harkinian @ Jun 28 2011, 05:43 AM) View Post

I found a bug in 2.5b18, and I think it might of carried over. It is impossible to do string color codes, and this is why:

The keyboard is screwed up. The left bracket key ( [ ) does nothing, the right bracket key ( ] ) makes a left bracket, and the forward slash key ( \ ) which is used in string codes, makes a right bracket. icon_confused.gif I know it's not my keyboard, because I just typed them as normal, so it must be ZC's fault.

It's not ZC's fault. It's allegro's fault... We're well aware of it and it is being worked on. icon_wink.gif

#148 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

Very strange yet awesome glitch I found.

I put a digdogger kid with 2 Aquementus, and got this as a result:

IPB Image

#149 4matsy

4matsy

SHE WILL WAKE ONLY WITH THE POWER OF NO. 3 CHEESEFORCE

• Members

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

That's pretty normal, actually--there's only 1 slot for boss CSets to be loaded into, so the Digdogger's CSet is overwriting the Aquamentuses', since you put the Digdogger after the Aquamentuses in the enemy list for that screen.

Basically, whatever Extra Sprite Palette-using enemy gets loaded last converts all the Extra Sprite Palette-using enemies on that screen to that CSet.

#150 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(Lynker @ Jun 29 2011, 02:33 AM) View Post
Very strange yet awesome glitch I found.

I put a digdogger kid with 2 Aquementus, and got this as a result:

IPB Image

You can manupliate this limitation to give enemies spefific area pallets, like an Aquamentus that is green in the forest but brown in the mountains. Like 4matsy said, this is a by-prodouct of an intentional feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users