Photo

Screenshot of the Week 52

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#46 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 27 March 2004 - 12:13 AM

I like Tei's pic alot. I couldn't voe though, because I had a shot in this week.

#47 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 27 March 2004 - 01:39 AM

I gotta null vote. I can't quite decide. Now for a few of StarFox's Random Tileset and Screenshot Comments. (Trademark)

First off, I gotta say that I haven't seen very much of the Adventure Island tileset. There's... Prince's sig (sorry, I still can't seem to switch names). There's Wild Bill's shot this week. And there's the dungeon shot from last week. The dungeon shot, I must say, was awsome. But I keep going back to the cartoon overworld, and I really think that's the better of the two. The water, though... I love it. I can appreciate good water, as I've been trying to make some water for a long time now. It's actually quite hard. I've tried everything from waves against the cliffs to reflective water, but I can't quite get it to work out. I think I have some ideas, though...

I want to see what Petoe has for his tileset. That'll be nice to see. The thing I'm intereseted in is if he has a different style. Not just tiles that aren't futuristic, but something different than the grittier look of MegaMan. I'm interested in versatality here.

Next, are those torches (the big one in that pic) the ones I think they are, Tei? Also, I really like that hookshot. And I'm trying to figure out what that thing just below the left side of the lava fall is. icon_wink.gif

I really should get to work on my dugneon tileset. *Goes into ZC for five minutes then comes back out* Maybe tomorrow...

#48 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2004 - 02:05 AM

Also, I really like that hookshot.

That's mine, SF icon_wink.gif. I used it in Link's Nightmare (LN). I finally finished it, but as you can see, downloads are currently down. So, if you want to get the quest, get it via my filespace:

http://www.geocities...8/Nightmare.zip
RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS!

Other than that, I think WB won for this week!

#49 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 27 March 2004 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE(StarFox @ Mar 27 2004, 08:39 AM)
I want to see what Petoe has for his tileset.  That'll be nice to see.  The thing I'm intereseted in is if he has a different style.  Not just tiles that aren't futuristic, but something different than the grittier look of MegaMan.  I'm interested in versatality here.

Versatility is what you'll get. I can do all kinds of graphics, and if you just finished MM:DWR you would realize what versatility really means. Anyway, as I have said, the set currently looks alarmingly familiar after seeing Prince's shot, so I have to make many changes before I show you guys anything. And I'm just starting with the set, so... but it already looks better than I thought I could ever create. (No, I don't have a big head, just a big mouth. icon_wink.gif )

And to calm down those who want to see "the battle of the century", Petoe vs. Prince, I'm not so sure if I'm willing to submit my shots to SOTW anymore. If I want to have a competition, I want to have a fair competition, and obviously here I cannot have that. (Don't get me wrong, SOTW is fantastic, but sometimes some of the people here...)

#50 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 27 March 2004 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(StarFox @ Mar 27 2004, 01:39 AM)
And I'm trying to figure out what that thing just below the left side of the lava fall is. icon_wink.gif

It's a fire that bursts up. Little effect, really.

QUOTE(Petoe @ Mar 27 2004, 06:32 AM)
And to calm down those who want to see "the battle of the century", Petoe vs. Prince, I'm not so sure if I'm willing to submit my shots to SOTW anymore. If I want to have a competition, I want to have a fair competition, and obviously here I cannot have that. (Don't get me wrong, SOTW is fantastic, but sometimes some of the people here...)

Then quit talking about your set.

#51 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 28 March 2004 - 01:14 PM

Wild Bill wins.

#52 Reverse-a-Link

Reverse-a-Link

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 March 2004 - 08:43 PM

Wild Bill, congratualations. That shot is awesome! It was a tough choice between yours and Teilyr's. Tei, I love that screen, and the situation is classic. But, in the end, I went for WB's since it had a brighter, more 'airy' feel to it. icon_thumbsup.gif to both of you.

#53 Sonic3000

Sonic3000

• Members

Posted 29 March 2004 - 10:27 AM

Teilyr - I love it. Perfect screen, makes good use of tiles, and that fire, that fire just wins it for you. Nice hearts, but the top, border looks just like Adventure Island's set, but reversed. 1st.

This is what i'm talking about. Teilyr you deserve to win by far. Polygon x8's pic needs some work though. It got no votes but I will give it a 6.

#54 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 29 March 2004 - 12:07 PM

The people voted for Wild Bill. This is how it goes. Most people would rather go OMG DAT ISH SO PURDY!!1111ELEVEN than notice the intracies of a well formed dungeon screen. Such is the fickle nature of people, and of this contest in general. It's all about looks. icon_shrug.gif

But, whatever. I'm not stressing a loss. I look at it this way.. I came in 2nd to PrinceMSC. icon_bounce.gif

So, no worries. icon_smile.gif

#55 blckscab

blckscab

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:43 PM

congrats WB

well, 3rd place aint bad icon_smile.gif
I agree that it is a bit too dark, but that seems to be because of the light background icon_confused.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users