96 replies to this topic

#31 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:37 PM

No, It`s very cold... Keep guessing.

Oh, Din's Abstinence.

Really though, if you're adding an icerod as a general item to the header, that would be...cool.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 17 December 2015 - 12:38 PM.

#32 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:36 PM

Oh, Din's Abstinence.

Really though, if you're adding an icerod as a general item to the header, that would be...cool.

Again, very cold. But nice request, but for me, it`s more like an edit from Fire Rod which is already included in example scripts.

#33 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:22 AM

Again, very cold. But nice request, but for me, it`s more like an edit from Fire Rod which is already included in example scripts.

Yes, it is, but it isn't, because of the aspect of freezing enemies, or objects, which works differently to lighting them on fire. It'd be interesting to include it, with that in mind. Changing the enemy CSet is simple enough, as is setting a stun duration for them, but the real question is how to handle those. I'd say globally, and it might be good to think about a global weapon effects system, for that kind of thing, as otherwise you'd be keeping too many ffcs alive.

That, or use one ffc to handle all the effects of an item, like an icerod, as long as any are still active. That could use a local array as a timer, with the screen ID of any frozen enemy, or something along those lines.

Colder is Zelda's Refusal (a.k.a. 'I have a headache, Link'), but I'll guess.,.Ether?

Factually, building this up to include the while Z3 arsenal would make it very popular. Now that you have hookshot functions, I'll need to try those out, and see if I can easily adapt the SwitchShot to them, so that you will have that to add to the dist package.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 18 December 2015 - 05:25 AM.

#34 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:53 AM

Yes, it is, but it isn't, because of the aspect of freezing enemies, or objects, which works differently to lighting them on fire. It'd be interesting to include it, with that in mind. Changing the enemy CSet is simple enough, as is setting a stun duration for them, but the real question is how to handle those. I'd say globally, and it might be good to think about a global weapon effects system, for that kind of thing, as otherwise you'd be keeping too many ffcs alive.

That, or use one ffc to handle all the effects of an item, like an icerod, as long as any are still active. That could use a local array as a timer, with the screen ID of any frozen enemy, or something along those lines.

My idea for freezing enemies (and enemy status effects, in general) is just run a separate ffc script and pass on slot number of affected enemy. Even though it`s impossible to transfer pointers between FFC scripts, you can just get NPC`s slot number, in the same manner, as FFCNum function from std.zh does this with pointers to FFC`s. If this happens to a ghosted enemy, we will have 2 FFC`s controlling the same enemy.

Colder is Zelda's Refusal (a.k.a. 'I have a headache, Link'), but I'll guess.,.Ether?

Again, very far. Here is the first hint, an obscure one:

Spoiler

Factually, building this up to include the while Z3 arsenal would make it very popular. Now that you have hookshot functions, I'll need to try those out, and see if I can easily adapt the SwitchShot to them, so that you will have that to add to the dist package.

This requests not only Ice Rod, but all other remaining weapons from LttP:

1.Ice Rod - will come with enemy status effect and custom enemy defenses

2.Cane of Byrna (rescripted)

3.Cane of Somaria. Even though it creates pushable combos in LttP, it can be set to create other combos.

4.Ether, Quake and Bombos medallions . Need full acreen attack function, everything other can be done with paricles.

#35 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:36 PM

My idea for freezing enemies (and enemy status effects, in general) is just run a separate ffc script and pass on slot number of affected enemy. Even though it`s impossible to transfer pointers between FFC scripts, you can just get NPC`s slot number, in the same manner, as FFCNum function from std.zh does this with pointers to FFC`s. If this happens to a ghosted enemy, we will have 2 FFC`s controlling the same enemy.

Again, very far. Here is the first hint, an obscure one:

Spoiler

This requests not only Ice Rod, but all other remaining weapons from LttP:

1.Ice Rod - will come with enemy status effect and custom enemy defenses

2.Cane of Byrna (rescripted)

3.Cane of Somaria. Even though it creates pushable combos in LttP, it can be set to create other combos.

4.Ether, Quake and Bombos medallions . Need full acreen attack function, everything other can be done with paricles.

2. That would actually be quite brilliant, and should be easy enough. Hell, it's just orbiting sprites in Z3, and making Link immune to most things. The hard part is preserving collision with non-damaging objects.

3. I mostly made this already. I stopped for a bit, while I was figuring out the best way to handle SOmaria platforms, meaning how to establish where ffc platforms could start, stop, and such. I devised a general platform path routine, that looks for combos ahead of the platform to determine its future direction.

4. Screenwide attack, if you want to preserve all the normal collision, would be somewhat simple. Create tiled, invisible 4x4 weapons over the screen, using the HitWidth and HitHeight properties. These types of effects are the reason that I'm working on all that TileCollision material, as that way, the animations are directly in contact with enemies, and such, but if the entire screen is affected, one second of invisible weapons isn't too bad. It only requires 12 weapons to do this, per weapon type needed in the effect. Usually only 12.

#36 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:48 AM

4. Screenwide attack, if you want to preserve all the normal collision, would be somewhat simple. Create tiled, invisible 4x4 weapons over the screen, using the HitWidth and HitHeight properties. These types of effects are the reason that I'm working on all that TileCollision material, as that way, the animations are directly in contact with enemies, and such, but if the entire screen is affected, one second of invisible weapons isn't too bad. It only requires 12 weapons to do this, per weapon type needed in the effect. Usually only 12.

In my version, i would set Penetrating and Move_Offscreen lweapon flags, put lweapon at the top left corner of the screen and stretch it`s hitbox across entire screen.

Because nobody guessed, here is the real thing, still WIP:

nOcQPVB.png

Those 5 numbers are debug values.

#37 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:21 PM

In my version, i would set Penetrating and Move_Offscreen lweapon flags, put lweapon at the top left corner of the screen and stretch it`s hitbox across entire screen.

Because nobody guessed, here is the real thing, still WIP:

nOcQPVB.png

Those 5 numbers are debug values.

Well, I have no idea what this item could be; but it's easily possible that I've never played the source game.

I also thought that hitbox size was always constrained (universally, in ZC) to a maximum of 64. If it's any desired size, that's even better. Just centre the thing, and extend it out by 200. If you want to do any evaluation on maximum hitbox size for objects, I'll add any verified findings to the system docs, and the wiki.

#38 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

Well, I have no idea what this item could be; but it's easily possible that I've never played the source game.

It`s Portal Rod/s, fantasy-themed restyle of the famous Portal gun. You fire magic charge that hits a wall then creates portal at impact spot. One such portal does not do anything, but if two different-colored portals appear in one screen, they will be connected together. And anything, being Link, a FFC (under certain curcumstances), a projectile, NPC or dropped item, that goes into one portal will be teleported to another, complete with retaining velocity, if possible.

I also thought that hitbox size was always constrained (universally, in ZC) to a maximum of 64. If it's any desired size, that's even better. Just centre the thing, and extend it out by 200. If you want to do any evaluation on maximum hitbox size for objects, I'll add any verified findings to the system docs, and the wiki.

One of my earliest scripts I made, was a 6-tile long whip. And it works!

#39 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:41 PM

It`s Portal Rod/s, fantasy-themed restyle of the famous Portal gun. You fire magic charge that hits a wall then creates portal at impact spot. One such portal does not do anything, but if two different-colored portals appear in one screen, they will be connected together. And anything, being Link, a FFC (under certain curcumstances), a projectile, NPC or dropped item, that goes into one portal will be teleported to another, complete with retaining velocity, if possible.

One of my earliest scripts I made, was a 6-tile long whip. And it works!

Oh. I recall that (either you, or another member) discussed that as an item in the past. It may even exist, but I truly do not know. I don't know anything about the game from which it is referenced. Are you using Screen->D to keep the portals alive between screen transitions, or some other method?

#40 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:59 AM

Oh. I recall that (either you, or another member) discussed that as an item in the past. It may even exist, but I truly do not know. I don't know anything about the game from which it is referenced. Are you using Screen->D to keep the portals alive between screen transitions, or some other method?

No trans-screen warps. As soon as you leave the screen, portals disappear.

#41 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:38 PM

Is there going to be any more updates for this, or is this it's final form?

• Alucard648 likes this

#42 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:53 AM

Fifth beta is ready! Get the portaling expierence!

http://www.mediafire...eaponsv1_4b.zip

Details inside the readme.

• Deedee likes this

#43 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:44 AM

Is there going to be any more updates for this, or is this it's final form?

In programming-land, just as in art, there is no such thing as a 'final form': Merely a point where you say 'no more'.

• Alucard648 likes this

#44 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

Beta #6 ready!

http://www.mediafire...Weaponsv1_5.zip

Custom Enemy Defenses and Enemy Status effect sub-libraries and Ice Rod.

Details in readme.

#45 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

Oooh, Enemy Defenses! This'll be fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: library, beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users