Racing custom Quests "Zelda Classic VS Season 1" [TriForceVS]

triforce vs zelda classic

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 MidiGuyDP

MidiGuyDP

• Members

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

Awesomesauce! I have added the quest to the list! ;)

1 Spot left! ^^

Edited by MidiGuyDP, 08 November 2016 - 02:39 PM.

#17 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:43 PM

Anyone gonna fill that last spot?  :cheese:

#18 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:28 PM

Oh, well I guess I could stick mine in there.

In fact, now that I think about it, the first part might actually be good for a race. It's fairly linear, 3 short-to-moderate length dungeons (plus a bonus boss rush once you get all 3 dungeon items), and uses a relatively small chunk of overworld. Once you cross the raft path to the 2nd part of the game, things get bigger and more non-linear, but 45 minutes ought to be enough for at least one person to get to the raft dock and sail across - heck, you could even use that as a finish line.

Name of Quest: The Third Legacy
Version of ZC: 2.50 (0, 1 or 2)
Estimated Blind Player Length: 10-14 hours
Link to find said quest (Probably will be on this site): http://www.purezc.ne...e=quests&id=566
Image of your quest logo (We'll put it on the background): Er... was I supposed to make one of those at some point? :sweat: Guess I'll go the Eddy route and link to a random overworld image. Or two, take a pick.

I'd also like to see the race of Avataro's. With everybody getting different rules, it would be interesting to see how that effects the outcome.

#19 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:17 PM

Oh, well I guess I could stick mine in there.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shitpost aside, this is a really cool idea. I'm a little sad that only 45 minutes per quest are being played, but other than that I like this a lot!

#20 MidiGuyDP

MidiGuyDP

• Members

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

Thankies for the Submission!!! :D

And voila, all the spots for Season 1 are filled!!

It could take a little while before we get around to releasing stuff (We havn't even recorded one yet) so please bear with us for that. Though I'll try to keep things up to date on the first post to give you an idea of how things are shaping up.

So keep an eye out. Once the videos come out, I'll post them here ;)

• Eddy and Lüt like this

#21 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

Can't wait for the first episode!

#22 MidiGuyDP

MidiGuyDP

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:23 AM

It's coming along! We have done some recording, though it's a bit more edit heavy than I expected it to be.

Can't say for sure when the first one will release yet, but It'll most likely be relatively soon. ;)

• Deedee likes this

#23 MidiGuyDP

MidiGuyDP

• Members

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:47 AM

Well guys! It's finally time! Let's start the New Year with a Bang!

Here's the first ZC Versus!

Quest 1: The Hero of Dreams

by Shoelace

Hope you likey!

Also, just a heads up, our current schedule for this series will be Quad Weekly, so next one will be the 30th of January! ;)

EDIT: Also... I derped and forgot to put the "DP" at the end of my own name on the video....... welp.... ooooops.... lol

Edited by MidiGuyDP, 28 February 2017 - 12:08 PM.

• Eddy, Deedee and Lüt like this

#24 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

That was surprisingly fun to watch.

I haven't played that quest yet, so it was interesting to see everybody trying to figure it out, since I was in the dark as much as the rest of you. Plus, as a designer myself, it's very useful to watch people play a quest for the first time and see how different players go about things in different ways. It helps when you're trying to accommodate the most players you can.

And, as much as I'm not a fan of the excess talking certain LPers do, the back and forth between all of you was really entertaining.

As for the heart beep sound, when you use the ZC launcher (zlaunch-w.exe), on the main Zelda Classic tab, about 2/3 of the way down, there's an option for "Enable Heart Beep Sound" - set it to "no," and you should only hear the first warning instead of a continuous beeping when you hit 1 heart.

Also, for those wondering which screen to focus on the most, Kman on the bottom right screen makes the most progress the quickest, if that's what you want to see.

Oh, and one more thing... could you have Majorasaura move his cursor off the screen next time? If you could do that, that'd be great. </lumbergh>

EDIT: Also... I derped and forgot to put the "DP" at the end of my own name on the video....... welp.... ooooops.... lol

You know, if you say the DP in your name actually stands for "derp," then forgetting to put it is actually perfect for you.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well hey, he wanted the spot filled  :awesome:

#25 MidiGuyDP

MidiGuyDP

• Members

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:28 PM

Yeah, I noticed that the DP (After I made that name) could be considred Derp lol

And yeah I know the mouse was def there... so I had to make it funny :P

#26 MidiGuyDP

MidiGuyDP

• Members

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:41 PM

Hiya everyone! It's finally time for the next round of Zelda Classic Versus!

Quest 2: Royal Darkness

by jman9001

(Gimme a sec while I figure out how to put the videos in again x-x EDIT, there we go. ^^)

Hope ya likey!

• Deedee likes this

#27 MidiGuyDP

MidiGuyDP

• Members

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

Alrighty all, it's time for quest Number 3!

Game 3: New Legend of Zelda - First Quest

By Matthew Bluefox

So let's see what's different on this new version!

#28 MidiGuyDP

MidiGuyDP

• Members

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:32 AM

Aaaannnd the GAME is using lifelines on us... yep...

Quest Number 4 GO!

Game 4: Myrule

by Avataro

Enjoy :)

• Avaro, grayswandir and Deedee like this

#29 MidiGuyDP

MidiGuyDP

• Members

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

Heya guys! Time for the next ZC Game!!

Game 5: TLOZ Flashback

By Eddy

Hope ya like ^^

• Eddy likes this

#30 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

Wow you guys got totally slaughtered by this quest. I definitely wasn't expecting you all to have such a hard time with the quest. What's funny is that most of the later levels are easier than Level 1 since they don't have that horrible trap maze. But yeah, if you all got the Magic Shield much earlier on you all probably would've gotten further. Pretty hilarious to watch though and those double Aquamentus boss fight reactions were amazing too lol. Next time I'll try not to suggest something as crazy and unfair :P

Though this was quite good for me since you guys provided some feedback (which you may not have realised lol) so I can definitely go back and fix up and nerf some stuff. Good show guys, looking forward to more races.

P.S. "You're welcome"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: triforce, vs, zelda, classic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users