238 replies to this topic

#196 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

So, I tried loading Trinity Worlds in 2.50, and this happens:

zelda046.png

It goes back to normal when I close ZC and reopen it, whether or not I delete the file. So probably minor, but something worth reporting I suppose.

EDIT: It reappears if I exit to main menu after playing.

Trinity is not the only old quest this happens on. I had this happen when I played Link's Giant Adventure on an older 2.50 build. Annoying, but only cosmetical

#197 sutibu

sutibu

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

Okay so I'm running 2.50 on my brand new Macbook Pro and it runs wonderful. It's finally nice to have some of the modern ZC builds working for me again. But the one problem I'm having is getting fullscreen mode to work. I'm getting the following messages in Allegro:

Used switch: -fullscreen
Unable to set gfx mode at -1 8bpp 640 x 480
Unable to set gfx mode at -1 8bpp 640 x 480
-fullscreen not supported by your video driver! setting -windowed switch
Unable to set gfx mode at -2 8bpp 320 x 240

Can't set video mode (-1).
Resolution not supported

Anything I can do to get fullscreen mode working or do I have to wait for a fix? Thanks for any help.

#198 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

I'll have a new 3rd quest made from ZC 2.50 to showcase on my YouTube channel tonight.  Just a SMALL sneak preview....don't want to give too much away.  Gonna blow away my two other quests.  :3

Hope to have it done in a few more months.

Edited by JJ83, 23 June 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#199 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

Bug: In some cases, ZC crashes after warping while the screen is shaking.

In my case it happened after a scripted ffc that turned into an auto warp D transported you away with the wavy screen effect. Tile warps and some other side warps seem to work fine for as far as I tested.

#200 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

Did you know that Macbook Pro's have an accelerometer built in?

On my Macbook Pro running Ubuntu running the linux version of ZC, it for some reason decided that the accelerometer is a perfectly fine substitute for the up/down/left/right keys. I tilt the computer left, Link moves left.

So I can't really play ZC with the laptop on my lap, unless I keep said lap perfectly level. :rolleyes:

This took me 3 hours to figure out. I almost took apart my keyboard trying to figure out why the up key kept acting like it was being pressed. I don't really expect this to be fixed, but I figure I should mention it in case someone else has the same problem.

#201 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Did you know that Macbook Pro's have an accelerometer built in?

On my Macbook Pro running Ubuntu running the linux version of ZC, it for some reason decided that the accelerometer is a perfectly fine substitute for the up/down/left/right keys. I tilt the computer left, Link moves left.

So I can't really play ZC with the laptop on my lap, unless I keep said lap perfectly level. :rolleyes:

This took me 3 hours to figure out. I almost took apart my keyboard trying to figure out why the up key kept acting like it was being pressed. I don't really expect this to be fixed, but I figure I should mention it in case someone else has the same problem.

I think you mean a gyroscope, but there's no way to just disable that in the Mac's options menus? That would be a baffling design choice to me.

#202 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

Bug: After reordering strings, the "pay for info" screens use completely different strings ingame to what they are set to use.

Info room in Zelda's Last Wish with the problem:

• String #73 plays instead of #71

• String #28 plays instead of #26

• String #74 plays instead of #72

The level number is 1 and all of the prices are set to 0. I have reordered several strings, most of which before these I have mentioned. The other strings in the quest have been unaffected.

#203 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Bug/oddity report: ZQ for some reason won't let me load a specific midi. It didn't tell me why. All I could do was press a " Dang" button.

#204 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

So yeah, in the Subscreen Editor, it doesn't seem you can set up the Life Gauge Pieces and Magic Gauge Pieces to animate even though there's a box to do it. I set them, check and they don't animate no matter what I set. Is there some weird way to use this or is it broken?

#205 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

I don't know if it's specific to this version or not, but here's something buggy:

If I set up a screen (interior type, freeform dungeon) with a blue wizzrobe and the "spawn (random)" enemy spawn type, the wizzrobe will sometimes spawn at the edge of the screen and get stuck there. The combo is walkable and so are at least some of the combos near it. The wizzrobe should be able to move, but it is stuck for no valid reason. I remember this occasionally happening with other enemy types too.

#206 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

That's a bug that I think has been fixed in 2.5.1. Basically Wizzrobe's source code is absolutely atrocious. Evan ran into the problem with a boss in IoR, and Saffith looked at the source code but, at the time, couldn't figure out what was going on. Some of ZC's earliest stuff is just coded in the worst possible way.

#207 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

So now that I've brought my quest into this version of ZC ( from 2.50 RC3 http://www.purezc.ne...pic=53770&st=0 ) I've noticed while playing that several of my scripts are no longer functioning. Is that to be expected?

#208 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

Scripts shouldn't just break like that. Try doing this: Backup the quest, then open it with 2.5's ZQuest and recompile the script buffer. I have a feeling that'll fix the issue. If not... dumb question, but are you using the same save file, or a new one?

#209 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

When I try to recompile it says:

can't open input file

tmp, line 2: error p01 : failure to parse imported file ffcscript.zh

As to the save file, it's new.

#210 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator