Favorite Animals

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:05 AM

This is a pretty simple topic of discussion, but I thought it'd be fun to have a thread dedicated to your favorite critters, since it doesn't seem like there has been one before. (If there was one in, like, 1999, I'm sorry)

Anyways, I'm an animal person in general, and have spent my entire life catching frogs, snakes, spiders and insects and other interesting creatures in my back yard. I have a respect for most of nature's creations, (Except parasites and vermin that only make other creature's live's miserable) but some of my favorites are~...

• Cats - Any bread, really. Siamese are probably my favorite.
  • Siberian Huskies - When I move out, I'm gonna get one, and name it Link.
  • Various species of raptors (Hawks, eagles, falcons, owls, etc.) - I always love seeing one perched in a tree all graceful in shiz.
  • Jumping spiders - I didn't think it was possible for a spider to be freakin' adorable, but jumping spiders are living proof of this fact. They're like cute, tiny little fuzzy cupcakes... with eight eyes and legs.
  • Cuttlefish - I honestly don't know why I love these guys so much. They're just so silly looking! They're pretty much what the squid form of Inklings are based off of.
  • Chameleons - Another very silly-looking creature, but nonetheless fascinating. I'd like to own one one day.

And for my favorite animal of all...

Fennec foxes~!

08145026e.jpg

My freakin' god, these little guys are so adorable.

fennec_fox3.jpg

They're basically real-life Eevee's. (Minus the elemental powers, but including all the adorableness.) 

fennecfox.jpg?w=453&h=165&crop=1

I want 20 of them.

fennecfox06.jpg

---

Soooooooo~... uhhhh, what are some of your favorite animals, PureZC?? I can't be the only animal person on this forum...

Edited by Tree, 05 March 2016 - 02:15 AM.

• Dark Ice Dragon and Lüt like this

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:25 AM

Dragons. /thread

I'd have to say housecats. They're adorable, and intelligent! I'd certainly put them higher on an IQ test than a dog.

Snakes are another, because I don't know. Actually, add most reptiles or reptile-like creatures to my favorites list.

Edited by Dimentio, 05 March 2016 - 02:27 AM.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#3 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:11 AM

Otters. Particularly sea otters. They're so fuzzy! Here, have some otter-babies.

65986-Baby-Sea-Otters.jpg

• thepsynergist, Moonbread, Tree and 2 others like this

#4 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:46 AM

FENNIES!!! :D

I've had a Fennec Fox obsession for years now.

Some of my favorite videos (linked because I'd flood the page):

Really, I've come to like nearly every kind of fox, but also arctic foxes and silver foxes especially:
Spoiler
Also, if it weren't for the price, I'd probably have an F1 Savannah cat by now:
Spoiler
They're a crossbreed between wild serval cats and domestic house cats. They're about the size of an average dog, and similarly intelligent. I've seen them play fetch, do tricks, and be walked like any other dog. For people who like cats and dogs, they're the best of both worlds.

• Tree likes this

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:35 AM

I'm a bit biased because most of my favorite animals are my pets. :P

• Dogs
    I am more of a dog-person than a cat-person. That might be because I grew up with dogs my whole life. I lost two dogs in my life, and both were very painful losses. If you train your dogs right, you get clever and loyal pets. I own a Maltese who I happened to have named Cloud since she reminded me of one, she's been with me since my late-childhood.

• Birds
    I happen to have a yellow parrot, very similar to one in this picture I found on Google. Not sure if it has a name outside "Yellow Parrot", I was never told hence why I linked an image instead to give you a general idea. I'm generally not a fan of birds, but this one is very approachable and I find him very cute. I like any small colourful birds nowadays.

• Reptiles
    This one is kind of broad. I happen to like a lot of reptiles, even snakes. My family are huge fans of reptiles. I used to explore and search underneath rocks and stuff for reptiles and whatnot with my older brothers. We have a few pet reptiles including lizards, turtles and snakes. They're not as cute as the above, but they're still pretty cool animals and they are the least bit noisy too.

• Bears
    I assume this one is kind of obvious by now. I obviously don't have one as a pet, but they've always been a personal and random favorite since childhood. I like Polar Bears the most, especially when they're cubs because they look adorable. I like Giant Pandas and Grizzly Bears too, respectively in order. Other kinds of bears I don't care much for.

I consider myself an animal person, but compared to my oldest brother, that wouldn't mean much. His job is around exploring wildlife and all, (he even was on the news at one point!), which is cool but not the kind of job for me. I'm the kind of guy who shamelessly looks up cute animal pics and whatnot. :P

#6 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:26 AM

A human (Yes, we are animals).

• Twilight Knight likes this

#7 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

My favorite are

Cat, indipendent and proud

Albatross, amonge the birds is the one i like more

Komodo Dragon, is more intelligent of what many people believe , unfortunately, it is poisonous and full of bacteria, if he bite you ... goodbye forever, but i like it anyway

generally I like even all other animals, maybe the only i don't like is the hyena , I do not like is the appearance that the verse, 

#8 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:49 PM

A human (Yes, we are animals).

That's interesting. Humans are, by far, my least favorite animal. They're right next to mosquitoes and ticks in the category of creatures I feel need to go extinct.

• Joelmacool and Naru like this

#9 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:57 AM

I like those rolly-spiky-armored animals; hedgehogs, echidnas, pangolins...

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#10 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:40 AM

That's interesting. Humans are, by far, my least favorite animal. They're right next to mosquitoes and ticks in the category of creatures I feel need to go extinct.

I forgot about the insects...i hate mosquito the most.

I don't have a favorite insect, maybe the bee but not so much after all.

Humans ? It depends from person to person.

#11 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:12 PM

Fav animals would be:

Snakes

Dogs

Cats

Birds (Since I now own a budgie, super cute!)

Ducks 

Lizards

#12 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

Foxes. If you've seen the last 5-10 avatars I've had on here, I'm sure you could figure that out. Also dogs. Dogs are the bomb, especially Huskies, Border Collies, and Corgis. 

#13 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:28 AM

I am known to love all animals, though cats, raccoons, ducks, otters, bunnies, and various tiny rodents are at the top of my list. Also, I recently saw a baby beaver swimming in a stream, and hence forth, they are added to the list. They are pretty dam cute.

#14 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:31 AM

I do have quite a lot of favourite animals: Cats, dogs, horses, birds (especially birds of prey/raptors), penguins, bears, and a few others I can't think of. If I had to pick one, definitely dogs would be my favourite!

#15 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:06 AM

Sloths and koalas are super lazy cool. 8)

I actually am a fan of cats. They have a closer asshole mentality I can relate to, than other animals.

Edited by tim, 24 March 2016 - 09:07 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Favorite, Animals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users