Photo

The world of furries

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think about being a furry. (44 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think about being a furry.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:34 PM

I just want to clear up one thing before I start: Being a furry doesn't mean having sex with other furries. Furrydom is not about sex.
It has everything to do with roleplaying though. Such settings might include segas like from Elementals of Virtue or the Star Fox adventures. Sometimes recreate and roleplay a favorite video game with furry anthromorphs instead of humans.
Sometimes, the roleplay could be like Dungeons and dragon style. Other times, its merely make up stuff as ya go along.
My character, "RexlaNinetales" is a fox anthromorph...With nine tails of course.
I notice that a few members here at PureZC are also furries! That's cool! Its nice to know there are others out their like myself.
Anyway, I love being a furry and I have been a devout furry for a very long time. I love fox plushies and I love to draw and paint just about anything that is canid related. I also have a few pictures in my archives of some of my furry characters, "RexlaNinetales, Cat Mastar, and Sylvia Felidae (Formerly known as Beth Felidae)."
Over the 4 or 5 years I've been aquainted with the internet, I've met all kinds of furries like:
Fox McCloud the Fox, Feral the vulpes vulpes, Patrick Racoon, Silver Lighstar the skunkboy/girl, Steven the Ninetales, catguy palidan the Catgirl, EarthPhoenix the Phoenix (duh), Nanaki the lion, Sorceror Lance the red fox, ShadowTiger as many species, Ridley the dragon, and probably many others I don't remember right off paw.
So, who else likes being a furry? If I had a furry fox suit, I'd probably wear it all the time and cuddle with my tail(s) at night.

#2 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:16 PM

hm. Personally, I've already kinda made a fantasy out of living in videoland and being a complete slacker who does actually have heroic qualities, while constantly trying to get a date with Samus Aran, while she keeps dumping me (which later turns out to be because she doesn't want me to get hurt: everything she loves, if you take notice in the games, seems to get destroyed by space pirates). However, with Starfox, Sonic the Hedgehog, and others, Furries play a large part in that, not to mention the 80's saturation the Captain B comics get. I consider myself a defender of furries. I'll always be there for you, as Captain B the other game master. I'll be there in the roleplaying, but not as someone different. Just ordinary Captain B with his belt and zapper. I roleplay places and scenarios better. I wish I could think of a cool way to finish this post, oh well...

#3 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:23 PM

I love it. It's more of a mental- or soul-related thing for me than a physical thing, though - I definitely act and think in a completely different manner than anyone else I have ever met.

#4 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:54 PM

old-skool:
That's awsome that you're a defender of furries! Rex and Cat Mastar would gladly align with your character in defense for the glory of furrydom. As for Samus Aran...Yeah, her life was too busy for me...She'd always be at the planet Zebes restoring order among chaos. Its kind of hard to have a relationship with someone who is several light-years away. XD
As for the sonic series. I think Tails is a cute furry. All kitsune like with two tails. Tails rules!
SilverDragon:
Yeah! There's many things I would say and do online as my furry self, that I probably wouldn't do in person. As for the mental/soul aspect of furries, my imagination can be quite wild sometimes.
Its nice to know that at least 5 of the PureZC members are furries.

#5 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:07 PM

Heh. I always portray her as someone everyone thinks is cold and tough as nails... when in reality, when you get to know her, she's pretty nice. (and on rare occasions will open up deep feelings to those she loves the most). I haven't done this yet, but some day I might work on a comic where I assist Sonic the Hedgehog, Princess Sally, and the freedom fighters in battling Dr. Robotnik. Also, Dr. Robotnik tries to roboticize me, and as it turns out, when you try to roboticize a human, something awesome happens. Not for Robotnik, but... (I'm a Reploid!)

Also, I had a funny Starfox interview comic I still need to complete... it currently exists online in text form...

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:55 PM

I'm almost tempted to move this out into GD where it will be seen by more people, but I'm sure it's just fine under your capable hands, Rexla. icon_wink.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

If you think of me as a furry, I would say that it takes place primarily in mindset and worldset. (I just made up that word. - -, lol ha) I take on whatever form I need to in order to better observe the world in all its intricacy. It's made a tremendous difference, and I'm proud to be one of the observant ones. I will defend what I find and who I am to the death.

#7 DB

DB

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(rexlaninetales @ Jun 26 2006, 02:54 PM)
Its nice to know that at least 5 of the PureZC members are furries.
Six. I am a fox furry. I discovered this recently, so I did not vote in the poll (none of the options really fit me). Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of myself (as a fox that is) icon_frown.gif . As for the furry "mindset", I love it. That is, the love of nature, the superiority of animals (I am a grade A misanthrope icon_razz.gif ). Anyways, I hope that made sense and all.

#8 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:14 PM

Hehe, since you don't want to post in Member Specific, DB...I'll give you the official welcome here.

*ahem*

Welcome to PureZC! Enjoy posting and crap. icon_biggrin.gif

#9 DB

DB

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE(SilverDragon @ Jun 27 2006, 07:14 PM)
Hehe, since you don't want to post in Member Specific, DB...I'll give you the official welcome here.

*ahem*

Welcome to PureZC! Enjoy posting and crap. icon_biggrin.gif

View Post

Thanks SD/Noir/Geecku/whatever icon_smile.gif

#10 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:47 PM

XD
furries, wow XD
I'm not actually a furry, but I'm a fan XD
furries go!

#11 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:04 PM

Topic Moved, as requested.

#12 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:35 PM

Old-skool:
Heh. I always portray her as someone everyone thinks is cold and tough as nails... when in reality, when you get to know her, she's pretty nice. (and on rare occasions will open up deep feelings to those she loves the most). I haven't done this yet, but some day I might work on a comic where I assist Sonic the Hedgehog, Princess Sally, and the freedom fighters in battling Dr. Robotnik. Also, Dr. Robotnik tries to roboticize me, and as it turns out, when you try to roboticize a human, something awesome happens. Not for Robotnik, but... (I'm a Reploid!)

Pretty nice imagery. Sounds like a cross between MegaMan X and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Also, I had a funny Starfox interview comic I still need to complete... it currently exists online in text form...

Good luck on completing your star fox comic. I look forward to reading it.
--------
ShadowTiger:
I'm almost tempted to move this out into GD where it will be seen by more people, but I'm sure it's just fine under your capable hands, Rexla.

Heh! You would have made the right decision. Thanks to Noir SilverDragon for moving this topic.
If you think of me as a furry, I would say that it takes place primarily in mindset and worldset. (I just made up that word. - -, lol ha) I take on whatever form I need to in order to better observe the world in all its intricacy.

Awsome! Sometimes things are more obvious from a Dragon's point of view (PoV), and sometimes things are move obvious from a mammal's PoV.
It's made a tremendous difference, and I'm proud to be one of the observant ones. I will defend what I find and who I am to the death.

Amen to that. I would defend my friends and my furrydom to the death. Hurting my friends is worst than hurting me in my book.
-------
*DB*:
Six. I am a fox furry. I discovered this recently, so I did not vote in the poll (none of the options really fit me).

Awws! I'm so sorry about that. Another furry fox at PureZC! How cool!
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of myself (as a fox that is). As for the furry "mindset", I love it. That is, the love of nature, the superiority of animals (I am a grade A misanthrope). Anyways, I hope that made sense and all.

I agree with ya. I regard animals as superior species in that they take better care of the world than humans do.
-------
XdragonSB:
XD
furries, wow XD
I'm not actually a furry, but I'm a fan XD
furries go!

Heeheehee! I like your enthusiasm
-------
SilverDragon:
Thank you for moving this topic.

#13 DB

DB

• Members

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE(rexlaninetales @ Jun 27 2006, 08:35 PM)
*DB*:

Awws! I'm so sorry about that. Another furry fox at PureZC! How cool!

I agree with ya. I regard animals as superior species in that they take better care of the world than humans do.
No worries. You probably weren't expecting me to stumble in here like I did icon_smile.gif And nice to meet you.

And I agree with you on the animals vs. humans thing. Humans are destroying the planet. Animals are not.

#14 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:09 PM

I have absolutely nothing against furries. It is just not something that I am interested in being myself. Despite that, I would have no problem defending one if I felt it was the right thing to do in a situation.

#15 vintagejoe31

vintagejoe31

• Members

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(rexlaninetales @ Jun 26 2006, 04:54 PM)
As for the sonic series. I think Tails is a cute furry. All kitsune like with two tails. Tails rules!

View Post

you know, i agree...tails is the coolest. i would definetly hang out with tails.
i really like that you are a furry, rexlaninetales...i am not a furry myself, but i am a fan...it is a lot of fun talking to a furry...but i have a question.is it ever a pain trying to type with paws? anyways, my vote is yes to furries...ever thought about making a quest based on furries, rexla? maybe one where link hears a rumor that there is a race of people who are part hyrulian, part fox...and he goes to find them? just a thought..."Quest for the Furries!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users