Regions of HoD

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:58 PM

The game The Hero of Dreams is a huge game with huge lands to explore. When I first started this game I mapped out how I wanted the game to look and what I wanted to present. I started working on it with gameboy tiles and basically was just learning the craft of Zelda Classic. Then I found the tileset, the Pure tileset. With that tileset I redid the game and at the same time making it a lot bigger. Honestly, the overworld is larger than any overworld that I even played. So I needed to find a way to make the lands easy to travel but not boring in the process. The thing I had to aim for is making it known where you would have to travel to next, like all of the real Zelda games do. Hopefully I did that. Anyways, I want to show you guys the regions of my game. So here are some of the places that you will be traveling to in the quest:

Palm Island

user posted image
This is Link's homeland. This is where he will learn his quest and basically learn the basic techniques of the game.

Moblin Forest

user posted image
Moblin Forest, the huge forest of Hyrule. The legendary Lost Woods is located there, as well as The Wondering Tree and Fort Wolfblin.

Golden Swamp

user posted image
Golden Swamp use to be a legendary spot in old Hyrule times, however, nowadays it is just standing place of the White Sword.

Death Mountain

user posted image
This volcanic rock has a lot of history to it. In the present time it is home to group of Subrains.

Windy Peak

user posted image
Windy Peak is where the Gorons now live. There is also knowledge that the Magical Sword may be hidden in the peak.

Mt. Frost

user posted image
This frozen mountain is home to the Rorriow Ruins.

Autumn Town

user posted image
This is the major town of the game. In this town it has autumn all year around.

Havasu Canyon

user posted image
This is the path to Cerbat Desert. A group of thieves have their hideout here.

Cerbat Desert

user posted image
Well it is a desert, so, you know what to except: Hot, dry, and sandstorms.

Lorbi Graveyard

user posted image
The Graveyard is the home of the spirits, and also the home to the Spirit Temple.

Plus a lot more areas such as Mora Village, Hyrule Castle, Season Idle, Hyrule Field, etc. When I was making this game, I was thinking of how Golden Sun was made, so maybe you will see pieces of Golden Sun in my game. Well the music is there. icon_razz.gif Anyways, I am taking to make the regions as exciting as possible, so that I won't have anyone, quit the game in the middle of it. Hope you guys enjoy. icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by Shoelace, 13 February 2005 - 07:00 PM.

#2 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:00 PM

Looks good shoelace. Keep up the work. icon_wink.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#3 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:57 PM

I agree keep it up Shoelace. icon_thumbsup.gif

#4 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:16 AM

Yep, I am totally enjoying it. Those are super looking screens. Keep up the tremendous work. You totally deserved this forum man. I can't wait to see, and hear more. icon_biggrin.gif

#5 Dark Emperor

Dark Emperor

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:25 AM

Those screenshots of the regions are looking good. Keep up the good work. icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by Dark Emperor, 14 February 2005 - 10:26 AM.

#6 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:24 AM

How much longer 'till you release a beta?

I have some more midi ideas. Use could use the Outset Island midi for Palm Island. Death Mountain...well, you can guess. Mt. Frost: how about the Snowhorn Wastes midi from Starfox Adventures (aka the "snow mountain" midi DFW uses in almost all of her quests.) And Rorriow Temple: how about the Temple of Droplets midi form TMC?

#7 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for the suggustions. I am using Outset Island for Palm Island. I guess it is the perfect one, if both of us thought of it. icon_razz.gif As for the Mt. Frost and Rorriow Temple. When you play the level and you don't like the midis then I will consider it, because I think I found pretty good ones.

As for the first beta. It will be in the beginning of March, which is around the corner. icon_thumbsup.gif

#8 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 12:47 PM

Hey, the Outset Island midi is pretty much the only one that fits. Or is it because great minds think alike? icon_lol.gif

Rorriow Temple? I'll take your word for it.

Could you give me the dungeon names (besides Levels 5 & 7) so I can give you suggestions for those?

Edited by zmaster, 23 February 2005 - 09:28 PM.

#9 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

is meatball an fruit

• Members

Posted 19 February 2005 - 01:13 PM

Oh my God. I don't believe how awesome these screenshots look. You've actually kept my attention with the PureSet. Way to go, dude - keep up the good work! icon_biggrin.gif

#10 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, not a lot of people like the Pureset, however, after looking at all of the sets out there, the set that fit my quest's needs was this one. However, I am trying to make the best of it so that I won't disappoint anyone by using the set. For my next game, I won't be using this set, as I will try to make my own set. I will be sure to show you guys the first pictures on the game and set. However, I need to release this game before, I start my rumbling on my next game. icon_razz.gif

#11 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:27 PM

Hey, Pure is compatible and has extra tiles.

And could you answer my above post?

#12 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:20 PM

Well, zmaster, you are my tester, so soon you will play the game and see the levels. When you play the levels and you find that the song doesn't fit, then give my sugguestions about the songs. But don't worry, testing will start in a week or so. icon_razz.gif

#13 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:35 PM

Wow Shoelace. You quest looks awesome! I can't wait to play it. Will it have custom sounds too? If it does, that'll be great.

#14 Guest_freezelda (Guest)

Guest_freezelda (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:11 AM

cool demo shoelace you did a good job icon_lol.gif

#15 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:24 PM

I have a question: Did you start the quest with the cake layer mountains, and then get Radien's Mountains, and then continue with those?

I think you did great with the mountains, Maybe you should switch out your cake layer ones?? If it's too much work, or if I was wrong, then forget what I said, but you should look into that.

:-)

LOOKS PIMPIN

:-P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users