What did you accomplish in ZC today?

• Please log in to reply
4954 replies to this topic

#4681 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:46 PM

When do you think engine pits will be available? I assume not until 2.55 fully releases?

Uh, the next alpha, within a few days, if I can get this done; though they will still be missing a couple things that make them nicer, they should be functional on a basic level

• SparksTheUnicorn likes this

#4682 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:36 PM

Made a WIP for level 9.
  • Twilight Knight likes this

#4683 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:16 PM

Finished levels 2-9.

• Lüt likes this

#4684 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 05 July 2020 - 11:03 PM

Built a forest and a desert.

#4685 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:12 AM

Made some houses in zquest

• Twilight Knight likes this

#4686 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 09 July 2020 - 11:07 PM

Built a beach, town, woods, graveyard, lake, port town, volcanic mountain, green mountain, caves, underground areas, house interiors. And got all the DMaps made with warps linked up for everything except levels 6-9.
  • Shane likes this

#4687 SparksTheUnicorn

SparksTheUnicorn

Lonk, Hero of Lime

• Members

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:14 AM

Made a town, Created some swamp, cliff, and vine tiles, Recolored some of the mountains in my Overworld, and created an artic area.

#4688 V1ral

V1ral

• Members

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:08 AM

Had a good time playing with Layers today. I used the new knowledge, the Firebird tileset, and some help from a friend's more detail-seeking eye to remake this section of Z1:
Lake_Minor.PNG

• Matthew, Architect Abdiel and Bagu like this

#4689 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:53 PM

Since I've seen thar 2.55 74 offers the simple solution to add  portraits, to the string table bounding boxes.
...I began to create portraits for all my main- and side-chars.

sdj7fgz.png

• Eddy, Sheik, Matthew and 3 others like this

#4690 V1ral

V1ral

• Members

Posted 25 July 2020 - 10:58 PM

I have evolved to a point of recognizing the mystical and elusive overhead layer, and used this amazing skill... to make a simplistic cave.
Progress is progress, after all.

THREE.PNG

• ShadowTiger, Matthew, Lüt and 1 other like this

#4691 cavthena

cavthena

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:18 PM

Opened my old quest for the first time in years. Found out old versions of Zelda Classic don't like windows 10 so updated to 2.55. Only to find out the quest doesn't like 2.55 or 2.53!! Why can't they all just get along?

Anyway, So decided to restart with a new quest with all the stuff I learned from my old one. Finished laying down the base idea and outline. Now gearing up to start scripting.

Edited by cavthena, 26 July 2020 - 10:18 PM.

#4692 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:53 AM

Only to find out the quest doesn't like 2.55 or 2.53!! Why can't they all just get along?

????

What version were you updating from? Old quests should open fine in 2.53/2.55.....

#4693 cavthena

cavthena

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:42 AM

????

What version were you updating from? Old quests should open fine in 2.53/2.55.....

2.50 something I think. The quest would open fine but the scripts had some major issues. They would randomly run. For example I could have 4 torch FFCs running on screen, each running the same script. On one play through the first FFC might fail. On a second play through the 3rd FFC might fail. On the third play they all might be fine. Or I could have a floor switch script and a shutter door script and the switch would fail, but changing DMaps then returning would have the switch work again. Or sections on my global loop would fail. For example dark rooms or stairs would be working fine but the interactive dungeon map would fail. Then on a second play it could be dark rooms that fail, while stairs or the map works fine. So on and on.

It's so bizarre. I would have trouble even tracking down were to start looking as my quest is extremely script heavy and it appears that everything was effected. So I chose to restart. I've learned enough that I wasn't to happy with what I had anyway and felt I was attempting to force more into the Quest that it wasn't designed for as I learned what made a good game. Sometimes a blank slate is best slate.

Edited by cavthena, 27 July 2020 - 02:43 AM.

#4694 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 28 July 2020 - 10:13 AM

Finished one new dungeon template, for my "taller hero sprite" concept

517_qe7jr0.png  517_qe7jpu.png

Edited by Bagu, 28 July 2020 - 09:09 PM.

• V1ral likes this

#4695 V1ral

V1ral

• Members

Posted 04 August 2020 - 04:32 PM

The area linking up Eagle Den to the rest of the overworld is nicely under way, I'd say. Even got a chance to flex an attempt at multi-layered Flags with a secret down at the old "burn random tree in the forest" spot below.

Eagle.PNG

• Bagu likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users