Hidden Duality DC - Stuck in level 2, can't find magic boomerang

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

So there's all these yellow crystals around which the regular boomerang won't activate - I assume I need the magic boomerang to hit those? But I can't find it anywhere! There is one treasure chest I can't reach, though - it's on the opposite side of a pool of water, and there's this hole thingy in the wall, which invites me to either shoot an arrow at it or use the hookshot... but arrows do nothing, and I don't have the hookshot yet (isn't that in level 3?)... Anyone care to offer a hint?

#2 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

So there's all these yellow crystals around which the regular boomerang won't activate - I assume I need the magic boomerang to hit those? But I can't find it anywhere! There is one treasure chest I can't reach, though - it's on the opposite side of a pool of water, and there's this hole thingy in the wall, which invites me to either shoot an arrow at it or use the hookshot... but arrows do nothing, and I don't have the hookshot yet (isn't that in level 3?)... Anyone care to offer a hint?

You should have 2 keys after searching around with the blue candle.  Go to the room with a pool of water and a locked door behind that.

Note, that chest doesn't have much in it.  You'll notice a gimmick in each level with one chest you can't reach right away.

#3 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Hmm, yeah, I seem to be short a key somehow... Maybe I accidentally used it in level 3? Or maybe I'm just not very good at finding keys :)

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

Go up one room from the entrance. Walk behind the right torch. That should be the right track for your missing key.

#5 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, I went there already... now the "pool of water" room, you mean the one where behind the pool of water is a torch, and then a room with a bunch of pushable blocks and a locked door? Because I think that's where I got stuck... I'm starting to think I went to level 3 and used the key there, and now I can't find a replacement key in level 3 because I don't have the right items! :(

#6 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

After getting the candle, you should be able to find 2 keys.  One is behind a bombable wall near where the boss door is and the other is in the basement, using the candle to get to the chest

#7 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:09 AM

Aha, thanks! I was wondering how to get to that chest; realized I had to bomb a wall down and to the right of it! :)

edit: by the way, I kinda like how this quest doesn't make bombable walls TOO obvious by giving them cracks, but instead hints at where they might be located by the shape of rooms in relation to each other! :)

Edited by ekolis, 22 February 2014 - 03:11 AM.

#8 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:41 AM

*does a barrel roll to avoid the boss's shots* :D

#9 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

Good luck with level 3, keep in mind where bombable walls 'could' be. Looking at the rooms, how they are in relation to each other, etc. It'll be mighty important in later dungeons. Good that you learned this rule now.

#10 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

Yeah, I can't find ANY keys in level 3! It doesn't help that there are three whole floors to search... oh well, I'll poke around a bit more before asking for help again! ;)

#11 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

Well, by the time I made Hidden Duality, I learned the art of not putting keys behind locked doors UNLESS there are enough keys to unlock all those locked doors first. The usual pattern for these dungeons is 2-3 keys -> item -> use item to find 2-3 more keys -> second item -> use second item to find remaining keys and boss key -> boss. So you really can't get stuck, even if you use keys outside in a different dungeon!

#12 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, level 3 had a LOT of locked doors :P Thanks for making it so you can't get stuck, though!

Now to find level 4... the old man said it was an an "eastern swamp", but I haven't found any eastern swamp in either the light or dark world... there does appear to be a *western* swamp in the light world, but I can't exactly get to it because I seem to need the raft...

#13 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

I think that was a typo, it's in the western area of the dark world.  The light world version you won't get to for some time

#14 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

Ah, cool, thanks :)

#15 ekolis

ekolis

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Heh, I just figured out the point of those "worthless" caves that have treasure chests with a measly 5 rupees in them. They serve as save points! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users