Vengence

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:29 PM

Today's Late TMTOD, talks about vengence. Vengence is one big issue for teens. Vengence can lead to painful and disgraceful arguements. Gangs take vengence very seriously, when one dies, they take their revenge. Wars too suffer from vengence. Especially 9/11 when we in the US took our vengence for those those who've died. So what is your response to vengence? Does it help or spread the arguement?

#2 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:31 PM

I dont realy have must of a vengence but sometimes mostly on bully's that i meet in public(I hate them so much!)

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:34 PM

Vengeance has been an issue to all age groups since all of human existence. It is an issue that will never have a cure, as it is often human nature to seek revenge. While vengeance is almost always a bad thing, I don't forsee it ever going anywhere close to away, as it is easier to seek revenge than it is to find the willpower to simply overcome it.

#4 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Sep 21 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post
Especially 9/11 when we in the US took our vengence for those those who've died. So what is your response to vengence? Does it help or spread the arguement?
Now, far be it from me to begin a debate about our entry into the war in the middle-east (and please don't debate it), but I don't believe vengeance is the correct term. Retaliation, maybe, but not vengeance.

Anyway, I'm pretty much with Nathaniel on this one. He hit the nail right on the head here.

#5 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:21 AM

Everyone gets a desire for vengeance in some sort of way. I've had nasty thoughts about seeking revenge, before, but that's as far as I got, thankfully. Revenge feels like it comes out of jealousy and/or bitterness. Neither of them are good to have in your system. They mentally tear you apart, while revenge can worsen both yourself and the person whom you seeked revenge drastically. My advice is to do what you can to get any vengeful thoughts out of your system. Get some ice cream. Go to a gym and take it out on a punching bag. Take a nap. Take a shower. Anything that gets bitterness and thoughts of revenge out of your system would be very helpful.

Out of curiosity, wouldn't seeking revenge be the same thing as "getting even" (which can also be a bad thing)?

#6 Spantac

Spantac

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:15 PM

I'm pretty vengeful. If someone does something bad to me, I don't see why they should get away with it. icon_redface.gif

#7 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 September 2007 - 01:36 PM

Vengeance is a tough thing to deal with, as we all would very much like to take revenge on a certain action somebody has done against us or someone we love. Overcoming revenge is a tough thing. Take for example, two brother, one a teenager, the other, let's say about eight. It takes more guts to walk away than to stand up and fight, right? Well, let's say the teen is virtuous and lives by that rule of thumb. The younger brother gets bullied by some kid between their ages. He tells his older brother. The older brother just takes the younger and walks away. The older brother knows this is right, but the younger brother, on the other hand, wanted his older brother to beat up the bully.

By this example, it's easy to see that it's in our system from an early age to want to take revenge. Is it necessarily wiser to not take revenge? Well, let's say the only reason somebody does cruel things to you is upset you, wanting you to act back. Constant ignoring of his actions will cause him to give up. On the other hand, somebody does cruel things to you, because he knows you won't strike back. If you took revenge, he would stop. Does that make it right?

Tough discussion. I know I'd be so tempted to beat the sh** out of somebody who did terrible things to my sister. But I have an example to follow: my own older brother. The greatest influence in my life, I would say. He's also one of the greatest guys I've ever known, and I like to follow his example. He wouldn't take the vengeance. He'd shrug it off. I would have to if a situation like above happened, regardless of whether or not my sister wanted me to pound him. By setting that example, she'd learn to not take vengeance. The young ones are shaped by older influences. I know I influence several young children. At least one constantly, and several others from time-to-time. I don't want to be that image of vengeance in their lives. Real people are more influential than movie/cartoon characters, you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users