Photo

Screenshot of the Week 74

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite Screenshot. (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite Screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:01 AM

Ooh, variety.

Lonemind: Wow. That's just really cool. I don't know what else I can say.

masterlink3000: That's a nice screenshot, but I think it's just a tad bit bright.

Reflectionist: Nice forest shot.

Radien: I've never play OoT, so maybe it's not fair for me to judge. It is a nice shot, however.

Shoelace: Nice, original shot. I don't know how that place is supporting trees or those flowers in the ground, but it's my favorite because of the lava. I voted for this one.

#17 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:40 AM

I went with Rad's. He also used some of my tiles icon_razz.gif

#18 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:40 PM

Heey this is interesting! A screenshot competition. I voted for Lonemind's desert. It looks like it's from a snes game and that is really good.

Can I play any of those quests? Most of them look nice. icon_smile.gif

#19 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:23 PM

Hergiswi:

Nah, it's okay for you to judge mine. It doesn't matter if it looks just like OoT, if it looks like crap. icon_razz.gif Besides, it's not an exact copy.

Yes, I used tiles from both Ian and Gashin. Ian supplied the wooden roof which I adapted into a treehouse platform. Gashin is responsible for many of the tiles that are improved versions of stuff we've all seen before (trees, shrubs, etc.).

Johan:

Some of us have demos out, but due to the "newly-made" nature of SOTW entries, most of these screens are from areas that aren't in any current public demo. Both Shoelace and I have demos available in the Zelda Classic Expo subforum. I'm not sure about ML3K or Lonemind.

#20 Lonemind

Lonemind

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:54 PM

I'm working on a demo right now as I make the tileset. Mainly to test my tiles but to also show off what it can do. It'd be nice to get feedback on it as well. It ain't gonna be no high class demo. Mostly like, go here, go there, see this screen, see that screen.

#21 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:27 PM

Well, as far as feedback goes:

The tiels are great, but the mountains area bit too "confusing". It just looks like a lot of mountain tiles are put into one thing, but still looking randomized. Though, I have to say, I absolutely love the sand. Amazing.

#22 Dragonnick22

Dragonnick22

Initiate

• Members

Posted 01 January 2005 - 04:58 AM

Lonemind- Great tiles and the way they work together fit well. I have seen many other shots that try to use SNES graphics (not from LTTP) and put it together in ZQ and most of the time, it doesn't work but this is one of those screenies where it rarely works together well and it did. But Sadly, the graphics isn't eye-candy for me because I play SD3 too much and it gotten boring for me. But great job on the tiles.

masterlink3000- These tiles are awesome, Masterlink3000 but they need to be a tiny bit darker as it look too bright for me.

Reflectionist- This is one of those normal same-old tiles we have seen so many times. This look neat though but it need to feel alive and not too empty, dark, and wet. Work on adding some live stuffs to this area but hey, what do I know? I am no PolygonX8 or Mr_Z.

Radien- Radien, once again you have done it. This is my favorite screenie I have seen so far in December. It feel so....so....foresty and OoT. It must be the Tree House that remind me of it icon_razz.gif I have watched you from Spring 2004 to today and you have changed and improved a lot. Keep up doing this and you will be among Mr_Z, PolygonX8, PrinceMSC, and Petoe. You got my vote! icon_thumbsup.gif

Shoelace- This is a nice area, Shoelace. I like the hotness of it (get it? hotness. I guess you don't :/ ). One suggestion I would say is that maybe you should make the ladder look metal-like and call it a Metal Ladder. I have a feeling people will go "A wooden ladder over a river of fire?" but hey, I may be wrong but I just wanted to point that out. Could be something to think about while you make your quest.

#23 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 January 2005 - 03:30 AM

Thanks for the comments you guys! I will too involved in the new version to comment on the pictures, so maybe later. Anyways, it is a very tight race right now. It is tie for first. I have no clue who the winner will be on this one because honestly both of their pictures are great.

#24 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 08:50 AM

Geez, what is it about my entries that causes them to gravitate towards ties?...

Oh well... I guess that's why they call it a competition. icon_razz.gif

Dragonnick:

Thank you very much! icon_smile.gif Hey, if you like OoT-related shots, keep an eye out for SOTW entry next week, okay? icon_wink.gif

#25 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 10:53 AM

The last time the same thing happened between your screenshot & Vargen's icon_biggrin.gif
Seems you're best remembered as the one who always get a tie for SOTW icon_smile.gif

#26 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 12:42 PM

Radien wins SotW 74. Congratulations.

Also, I would have started SotW 75 but I'm short at least one entry before I will post it. So we'll have to wait until tonight before it will be up, assuming I get another screenshot.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#27 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(PrinceMSC @ Jan 2 2005, 09:42 AM)
Radien wins SotW 74. Congratulations.

Also, I would have started SotW 75 but I'm short at least one entry before I will post it. So we'll have to wait until tonight before it will be up, assuming I get another screenshot.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

Whoops... I've got one! I'll get it to you right away! *hurries*

Wow, only one vote again... Well, Lonemind, good job; that was quite close. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Radien, 02 January 2005 - 05:50 PM.

#28 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 05:57 PM

Hey, Radien, congrats. icon_smile.gif

#29 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 05:57 PM

And I was the last one to vote for you too. icon_razz.gif

#30 Lonemind

Lonemind

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:06 PM

And I was the last one to vote for you too.
Damn you, Happyman! Damn you to heeeeell!!!! icon_lol.gif Just kidding. I don't mind in the least. I just want to show people what I'm doing and get some pointers.
Congratulations, Radien. I actually voted for your shot as well. icon_biggrin.gif
The tiels are great, but the mountains area bit too "confusing". It just looks like a lot of mountain tiles are put into one thing, but still looking randomized.

Yeah, I agree. I have to find some way to make them flow together. It's kinda hard though. These things are really friggin' detailed. It'll probably end up being something I have to live with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users