Photo

Xbox One vs. PS4 in 2015 - which one?

xbox one ps4 streaming windows 10 zelda

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Xbox One vs. PS4 in 2015

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which one would you choose?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

Hi folks,

I have many systems owned since the 80's (Amiga500, Game&Watch, NES, SNES, N64, GC, PS2, Wii, PS3, Xbox360, Android Tablets, PC and so on till 2015..) but finally I have to make a decision which nxt-gen (or currentgen) system I'll buy. I think I'm going to buy it in fall '15 after the summer holidays, or get it as a gift for my birthday.

I'm not an early adopter, as you may see, next-gen is available since 2013/2014, but there are some games I want to finish first, before buying a completely new system - next-gen is unfortunately not backward compatible.

How did the next-gen console advance till today, 2015?

PS4 has more horsepower, Xbox One has announced Windows 10, DirectX12, Streaming to Home PC... cool! http://www.xbox.com/en-US/windows-10

For last gen I preferred Xbox360. The gamepad was very nice and comfortable to play with, I even use it for Zelda Classic. Online Service is also superb.

Should I carry on with Microsoft? I could transfer my gamerpoints (>10000), all my workstations at home are running under Windows 7/Linux.

But I've read many people prefer PS4...

I'm unsure what to choose, how will the consoles develop in future.. will Microsoft unleash a beast - Windows 10, DirectX12 and Streaming? 

Or will Sony continue with their success against Microsoft?

#2 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

The age old what console choice... The Xbox One or the PS4? Well its not really a choice of which one is better. The thing is what exclusive games are you interested in? 

Are you more into Microsoft's exclusives in example (Halo, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct) or are you more interested in Sony exclusives in example (Uncharted, Bloodborne, and some others)

Xbox One has possibility's but yet have I seen any worth whiles arriving on it yeah Killer instinct is something that interest me, but its not justifiable to buy a console just for game. Mean while the Playstation 4 has Bloodborne, uncharted, and Persona 5 and FFXV <Its also on X1).

Lets now look at the online services and of both consoles.

Xbox Live

Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Membership $59.99

Games with gold (so far the free games for the X1 has been pretty good)

Great Servers (By that I mean up for most of the time)

Playstation+

PlayStation Plus Membership 1 Year $49.99

PS+ Free games (Been also somewhat good. A lot of Indie titles. No where as good as GWG on XB)

Alright servers, (By that I mean, its up when its up. it goes down every once in awhile...)

PlayStation Now Game streaming (Rent ps3 games to stream to your console for a low price, I like this service it works great!)

-

I can't really tell you which one to without being biased on the matter... I say just get which ever console you are more interested in.

Thats all I can really say, I went with a PS4 for the exclusive games like Bloodborne, uncharted, Ratchet and Clank and the possibility of over abundance of JRPG's. I wish you luck in your choice!.

Which ever one you choose will be good trust me new consoles are always fun...but PlayStation is always better.

• MaximusFred, TheLegend_njf and Matthew like this

#3 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:41 PM

PS4 is the winner, you can hand your game to a friend and they can play it without issue.

#4 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:46 PM

PS4 is the winner, you can hand your game to a friend and they can play it without issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

• MaximusFred, Avaro and TheLegend_njf like this

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:51 PM

PS4 is the best console right now. The Xbox One and Wii U aren't even in the same bracket anymore. I'd sooner be saying Xbox One vs Wii U right now. But the PS4 simply doesn't have competition at this time because it's competition can't even be taken seriously anymore. 

#6 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:54 PM

I voted for PS4

I don't have one but I like it better

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 04 May 2015 - 02:54 PM.

#7 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:58 PM

The age old what console choice... The Xbox One or the PS4? Well its not really a choice of which one is better. The thing is what exclusive games are you interested in? 

Are you more into Microsoft's exclusives in example (Halo, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct) or are you more interested in Sony exclusives in example (Uncharted, Bloodborne, and some others)

Hi Ventus,

oh yes, of course! The exclusive games are important, for sure.

That's the big problem: I think I will love Bloodborne because Dark Souls was a very impressive game. Also Uncharted and Last of Us. They are only on PS4 available.

But Xbox One could offer: Halo, Forza 6, and? Dark Souls 2 is available on both systems...

I like the OS and gamepad of Xbox one a bit more than PS4.

#8 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

Hi Ventus,

oh yes, of course! The exclusive games are important, for sure.

That's the big problem: I think I will love Bloodborne because Dark Souls was a very impressive game. Also Uncharted and Last of Us. They are only on PS4 available.

But Xbox One could offer: Halo, Forza 6, and? Dark Souls 2 is available on both systems...

I like the OS and gamepad of Xbox one a bit more than PS4.

Yeah thats few things X1 offer thats better then PS4, is the OS and the controller. outta both consoles I like the X1 controller more feels great to hold. Bot the PS4 controller is still good as well. the touch pad is strange but you'll not even be thinking about it after awhile. The ps4 controller don't really look that comfortable to hold but the shape of it is very nice.

And let me say If you loved Dark Souls you will love the living fuck outta of Bloodborne its literately the best game I've ever played! its so perfect!

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

Xbox One, because its version of Shovel Knight has Battletoads. :tard:

I'll probably get neither for a while, because neither have very many games at all that interest me. My eventual pick would be the Xbox One probably, just for Halo, but that wouldn't be for a few years down the road.

But for now, the Wii U satisfies all my gaming needs. I realize it's not part of the poll, and unlike some people I realize Nintendo isn't trying to compete anymore and just do their own thing, but I don't feel a pressing need to buy another system right now or indeed anytime soon. :P

#10 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

Ok..

Microsoft announced Windows 10 together with Streaming for Xbox One..

so you can stream your Xbox One game to your PC in your home network..

would that be cool if could do that reverse? For example stream your PC Game (let's say Zelda Classic) to your Xbox One?

but wait.. i can do that already with my PC.. its connected to my TV..

For gods sake please release Bloodborne on Xbox one.. or Last of us.. or ?

Forza 6 will be an amazing racing game (only Xbox One). Long time ago I played Gran Turismo 5.. they even had no damage model for their cars.. unbelievable...

#11 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:47 PM

If I can stream ZC to my xbone I will be so happy. I probably won't even buy games for the thing.

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:49 PM

Xbox One, because its version of Shovel Knight has Battletoads. :tard:

So does the NES and SNES (and other platforms). But I haven't seen you stream or record any Battletoads playthroughs. :P

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 04 May 2015 - 03:52 PM.

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

Which wasn't the point at all? I'm just saying, the Battletoads fight is amazing. :P

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:13 PM

I was really hoping for them to be playable characters though. :/

Something about them just being a boss was a disappointment for me. lol

#15 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

I was really hoping for them to be playable characters though. :/

Something about them just being a boss was a disappointment for me. lol

You get a whole level with them, unlike the new boss on PS4.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xbox one, ps4, streaming, windows 10, zelda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users