• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

Review of Link In Cestria by Akkabus
Review by Blaman

Have you ever hit 'retry' by accident after a big accomplishment in a quest? Well, I've done it twice, both times in this quest. T_T Anyways, here's a review of Link in Cestria by Akkabus.

This is a 7-level quest using a modified version of the Pure Extreme Update set with 1 BS overworld and many extra dungeons.

To start, let's talk about the graphics. The overworld isn't exactly the best, but that's not to say it's bad. There are some graphical bugs I've noticed as well (but according to the most recent update, some have been fixed. Keep in mind, I don't have that one right now.), but overall, it's not bad, but could also use some work. It's normally fairly open and allows the player to explore, but does have it's some stranger points such as green snow.

On the flip side, the dungeons look great. No two dungeons look alike, each with their own set of tiles and palette. This definitely gives more variety and makes it more interesting to traverse through these dungeons. They mix quite well, as many of the dungeons are taken from Minish Cap and work well with the pure set.

Over to music, there are some good track. They fit the mood of the area well and sound good too. Chances are, many have been heard before, but it's not in a bad way. However, while all the extra dungeons have their own music, the main ones all share the same theme, and it being an overused song doesn't help. But it wasn't a big deal as I played through.

Now, game-play is what it all comes down to in the end, and Akkabus delivers a fun quest quite well. There's 7 main dungeon, but there are also many extra dungeons as well. Some are required to go through, others, the player won't. Dungeons are fun to go through, and are rather on the big side. The design themselves are great and are not linear. There are many different ways to go, allowing the player to explore. Not to mention that many unique ideas went into this for both mini-dungeons and the main levels. There are many hidden goodies in the overworld as well. To those who use their newly found items to find things will be rewarded quite well with extra items to aid their adventure. There are also some very unique ideas in this quest, making it more interesting and fun to play.

It isn't exactly easy, either. It can serve to be a rather difficult quest at times, and sometimes the balancing seems to be a little off, but overall is a fairly challenging quest for the right reasons. Items players may be used to getting fairly early may not be obtainable until later in, considering there's 7 main dungeons instead of 9.

Overall, this quest features fun and some unique dungeons to provide the players with a challenge. With hidden extras, great-looking dungeons and some good music as well, this quest is definitely a worth-while play for those seeking out a fun quest to play.

In the end, this quest gets a solid 8.8/10.

You can discuss the quest here (agree or not, it's my own opinion), but please take any questions regarding this quest to Custom Quest Discussion Also, be sure to rate this quest. The author is bound to appreciate it.

Thank you.

Also note: If I do not get another review out by next week, I'll be posting the poll between <Insert Quest Title Here> and Link in Cestria to allow everyone to decide which quest will be our Featured Quest of the Month.

#2 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:05 PM

This quest is not half bad but I am in still level 2. I have hard time to get through but I dont play much cuz I have many quest in file different folder. I give this rate 7.5/10.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users