Easiest/Hardest Ganon Battle

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:31 PM

Let's talk about which Ganon fight in the Legend of Zelda series was the easiest and and which was the hardest.

For me...

Easiest: WindWaker (if you don't include Puppet Ganon)
Hardest: A Link to the Past

What's yours?

Edited by TriMaster001, 24 June 2008 - 05:38 PM.

#2 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

Easiest was Wind Waker... but it was also, along with TP, the most epic, so for me, it's the best icon_biggrin.gif
Hardest? Does LA qualify? I think it's the only one I haven't beaten myself icon_biggrin.gif

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:15 PM

Oh dear. Yeah, it wasn't one of the easier Ganons to Beat, no.

I did find ALTTP's Ganon sort of hard, but I also found OoT's Ganondorf quite hard. I'm not sure why. Probably because of all the things that you had to do to beat him, and the timing of the shots. Wind Waker's Ganondorf was indeed quite easy.

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

Easiest was LoZ, in my opinion.
Hardest? Toughie. No Ganon is really that hard. Does Horseback Ganondorf in TP count?

#5 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:25 PM

easiest: Twilight Princess
hardest: Link To the Past

#6 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

I don't think any were really that hard. LoZ and WW were the easiest. If I had to pick a hardest, probably ALttP or OoT, but none were really that hard.

Now, the hardest boss battle is Thunderbird from AoL. No question.

#7 Master Dragon

Master Dragon

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Jun 24 2008, 07:35 PM) View Post

Now, the hardest boss battle is Thunderbird from AoL. No question.

I find Psycho Mantis from Twin Snake to be harder. But, to the original topic, there is no Ganon that is truly hard to beat. They all have patterns, and once those patterns are discovered, the battles become lackluster.

#8 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:57 PM

OoT's... I could do that blindfolded. Seriously, it's THAT EASY.

I'm wanting to try the Oracles' Ganon. I've heard that's pretty hard. But for now, ALttP...

And yes, Thunderbird... holy ****, that wasn't even the final boss, either.

#9 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:08 PM

easiest, definately WW.

hardest for me was LoZ. (i couldn't see him. i couldn't find the amulet, or whatever it was that helps you see him, so the entire fight was a b**** for me.)

#10 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

MM: You're not supposed to see him. There is no amulet. You just needed Sword and Silver Arrow.

#11 Guest_Sir_Johnamus (Guest)

Guest_Sir_Johnamus (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:45 PM

The hardest Ganon was...LoZ because I didn't play enough consistently to keep myself good at that game. Alttp was about medium, as I played the same file until the clock quit running at 99:99:59. TP's was easier, but Zelda sucks at aiming. WW was tied along with OOT as easiest. I pwned Ganondorf with a bottle and then Ganon with the hookshot. I don't think I used the Light arrow. Maybe once.
The hardest boss battle...was the basilisk on the 2nd harry potter gameboy. You hit a few good hits, then hit like 20 0s. He was a b**** to beat the first time.

#12 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:47 PM

MM- as Moonwhisper said, not being able to see him was the whole challenge. And even so, he wasn't as hard as ALttP, I don't think.

Thunderbird was actually more difficult than the final boss of AoL. Dark Link is hard if you fight him conventionally, but if you stand still and slash he becomes a push-over.

Oh, and Master Dragon, I was saying that Thunderbird was the hardest ZELDA boss ever... although I'm pretty sure he's the hardest overall boss I've ever faced too.

#13 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:13 AM

Thunderbird is almost impossible to beat without taking damage (I haven't done it), but he's not that hard as a boss if you equip the Shield and Jump spells and are at max level. I took several hits, but I also beat him quickly. It only gets tough when he goes into Panic Mode and his rain of fireballs doubles in speed.

LTTP Ganon was pretty easy too, when you have the best sword, however when I first fought him I had the Tempered Sword, not the Gold Sword (didn't know there was one), so the fight was a great challenge and I almost ran out of magic.

LA Ganon... He's actually the Nightmare King who takes the FORM of Ganon for part of the fight. That was one hard boss, but when you've had practice at it you don't even need the Medicine equipped to beat it.

OoS/A Ganon was easy, at least compared to Twinrova whom you have to fight first. His Ultimate Fireball attack is a bizznatch though if it hits... I think it takes away 4 hearts.

LoZ Ganon was probably the easiest, since he only takes one hit with the Silver Arrow. The hard part is finding out HOW to beat him, without looking it up. I guess the fact that the Silver Arrow is in Level 9 gives it away, but still, kind of a disappointing final battle.

Never played OoT, WW ot TP, so I can't say what I think on those fights.

If anything, the hardest Ganon fight of all is in Super Smash Bros. in the hands of a good player. icon_wink.gif

And the easiest? I heard that in the CD-i games, Ganon dies in ONE HIT. icon_odd2.gif

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

Instead of simply going easiest/hardest, I'll rank the ones that I've beaten.
7. LoZ: One hit kill. Easy as pie.
6. WW: Very easy, just keep mashing B until parry pops up. Nevertheless, it is among the most epic Ganon fights ever, so I still enjoyed it.
5. LA: Even though it doesn't technically count. Just keep ramming with the Pegasus Boots and don't worry about damage.
4. TP: Mostly easy, but can get frustrating during the horseback portion. I was really disappointed with the sword duel, though. icon_frown.gif
3. OoT: Not too hard. Just kind of frustrating when you forget to unsheathe your sword before deflecting the spell and you don't hit it in time.
2. Oracles: Moderately difficult. The button reversal is especially frustrating.
1. ALttP: He's a beast to take down without the Golden Sword, and you'll end up eating your magic away if you're not quick on your feet. This is really the only Ganon I consider difficult.

#15 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

For Thunderbird, it was a lit easy for me when I cast shield, reflect, and jump. icon_shrug.gif

The reason why I find ALTTP Ganon Hard was that he can knock you off the arena in which you have to start the battle all over and you have to consume a lot of magic when he's invisible.

Edited by TriMaster001, 25 June 2008 - 05:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users