Tileset

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#31 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:54 AM

Demonlink, I'm aware that this isn't intended as an update pack, but you may want to have a look at this thread: http://www.purezc.ne...entrance&page=1

Linkus has made LOTS of stuff for DoR, much of it hasn't seen the database at all.

EDIT: Also, a present for you, since I recall you asking for these before:

y7hiAkP.pngi29C8Bz.png

EDIT2: Also, these will be submitted to the DB momentarily.

Edited by Master Maniac, 08 May 2014 - 03:02 AM.

• ShadowTiger, Demonlink and David like this

#32 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

Demonlink, I'm aware that this isn't intended as an update pack, but you may want to have a look at this thread: http://www.purezc.ne...entrance&page=1

Linkus has made LOTS of stuff for DoR, much of it hasn't seen the database at all.

EDIT: Also, a present for you, since I recall you asking for these before:

y7hiAkP.pngi29C8Bz.png

EDIT2: Also, these will be submitted to the DB momentarily.

Holy cow, I think I just crapped my pants :lol: Man these are perfect man! I was about to ask for the diagonals but I read your submission. Still, these are more than perfect! Thanks man, I really, REALLY appreciate it! :D

• David likes this

#33 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

Holy cow, I think I just crapped my pants :lol: Man these are perfect man! I was about to ask for the diagonals but I read your submission. Still, these are more than perfect! Thanks man, I really, REALLY appreciate it! :D

Apologies on the subject of diagonals. There's a great many things I can do with ZQ, but I'm not entirely sure that spriting up diagonal MC water borders is one of them.

HOWEVER, after I get some sleep, I may try my hand at it. Hell, GraphicsGale has a "rotate selection" function. So, if I stay within my palette, its possible that I can get this to work. I can't believe I just remembered that...

Anyway, I'll have to get back to you on that. :P

EDIT: Now that I look at it, diagonals aren't the only thing this tilesheet is missing. So, I'll be working on that as well. Since the other stuff that's missing will be quite a bit easier to work with anyway XD

Edited by Master Maniac, 08 May 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#34 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Apologies on the subject of diagonals. There's a great many things I can do with ZQ, but I'm not entirely sure that spriting up diagonal MC water borders is one of them.

HOWEVER, after I get some sleep, I may try my hand at it. Hell, GraphicsGale has a "rotate selection" function. So, if I stay within my palette, its possible that I can get this to work. I can't believe I just remembered that...

Anyway, I'll have to get back to you on that. :P

EDIT: Now that I look at it, diagonals aren't the only thing this tilesheet is missing. So, I'll be working on that as well. Since the other stuff that's missing will be quite a bit easier to work with anyway XD

In the Tileset betas, there are some Diagonal MC water tiles, if you want you are free to take a base off of them. And once again, thank you my friend! :D

#35 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:44 AM

Actually, now that I get into your tileset and look at your MC water, your diagonals seem perfect to me. The only thing they're missing is a variant tile.

But it does seem that you're missing the 1-block wide tiles (which I don't believe exist in the regular MC tiles), and some of those are what I'm missing as well.

I'm going to complete the stuff I'm working on, but I'd like to ask your permission to grab the diagonals from your tileset and add them to my tile pack. If that's not ok with you, then I understand.

EDIT: Found some errors with your tileset. Here's what I've got so far:

1-  The dungeon wall combos at page 79 are mismatched.

2- The dungeon combos at page 79 and 91 are the same set

EDIT 2: I believe I have the set completed. Here you go:

(removed for incompleteness)

Credit to Shane and Moo2wo for the diagonals. the other mountain borders are mine :P

EDIT AGAIN: Damn. Every time I think I'm done with these, I find something else that's missing. Here is the completed set (hopefully)

8NG61BD.png

Edited by Master Maniac, 09 May 2014 - 04:16 AM.

• Demonlink likes this

#36 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

Actually, now that I get into your tileset and look at your MC water, your diagonals seem perfect to me. The only thing they're missing is a variant tile.

But it does seem that you're missing the 1-block wide tiles (which I don't believe exist in the regular MC tiles), and some of those are what I'm missing as well.

I'm going to complete the stuff I'm working on, but I'd like to ask your permission to grab the diagonals from your tileset and add them to my tile pack. If that's not ok with you, then I understand.

EDIT: Found some errors with your tileset. Here's what I've got so far:

1-  The dungeon wall combos at page 79 are mismatched.

2- The dungeon combos at page 79 and 91 are the same set

EDIT 2: I believe I have the set completed. Here you go:

(removed for incompleteness)

Credit to Shane and Moo2wo for the diagonals. the other mountain borders are mine :P

EDIT AGAIN: Damn. Every time I think I'm done with these, I find something else that's missing. Here is the completed set (hopefully)

8NG61BD.png

I'll add these to the set man! :) Thank you so much for your contribution, I have another place for you in the credits ;) Also, the dungeon errors might be on purpose because I haven't gotten to work on the dungeon section ;) Anyway, I sent ya a PM just in case.(By the way, have you thought of adding MC shallow water?)

Edited by Demonlink, 09 May 2014 - 09:01 AM.

#37 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

I'll add these to the set man! :) Thank you so much for your contribution, I have another place for you in the credits ;) Also, the dungeon errors might be on purpose because I haven't gotten to work on the dungeon section ;) Anyway, I sent ya a PM just in case.(By the way, have you thought of adding MC shallow water?)

Yeah, that may be my next project in spriting. Luckily the MC shallow water doesn't use as many colors as the deep water :P

• Demonlink likes this

#38 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

Well fellas, it's almost been like 3 weeks without an update. This time, it's like a notice rather than an update. Overworld section has been worked on, and I actually delayed a bit since I moved the Tile pages around a bit (since I added a few new stuff and left space for incomplete sets :P ), thus the need to reorganize Combos as well, which took me about 2 days to do. As for news, there is bad and good news. Bad news is that I might not be able to work on the set for the next couple of weeks, since this one is the last to do schoolwork and the next week after this one are my finals, so yeah, I'd appreciate your patience till then. 

As for the good news, I have managed to work on the set and I have added new tilesheets and a few extra goodies. And also, I would like to once again thank Dragon de Platino for creating an entire new Link Spritesheet to replace the old DoR Link. As of now, users can now choose from 4 different Links to create their quests. For the changelog, here it is:

• Reorganization of Tile and Combo pages. 
  • Added new Mtn. Tiles
  • Added Master Maniac's MC water set (reduced to 4 blues, since I didn't like the black color :P )
  • Added 1 empty tile page for anybody willing to complete the Transparent SD3 water set. 
  • Deleted unimplemented enemies for custom enemy space (as in, I deleted the BS Aquamentus sprites, Fire Dodongo, all the unused sprites ;) )
  • Tile Pages 49 - 110 (approximately) will be of only Overworld objects. 
  • Deleted Animated Doors, these will be compensated by new Dungeon sets and more dungeon objects, and to leave space for expansion (think of the developers!)
  • Included 4 different Links to choose from, (Koh's PWNAGE Link recolored for DoR, Hat/Hatless DoR Link and DdP's DoR Hybrid Link! 

As of now, that's all I can think of. This time, no download is present due to lack of time. But as I said to a few followers, the next release will finally enter an official beta stage, which means you DoR hungry developers will be able to start carving and designing your overworlds until I finish the dungeons sections ;) Stay tuned for more!

Till next update guys! :D

• David likes this

#39 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

Well fellas, it's almost been like 3 weeks without an update. This time, it's like a notice rather than an update. Overworld section has been worked on, and I actually delayed a bit since I moved the Tile pages around a bit (since I added a few new stuff and left space for incomplete sets :P ), thus the need to reorganize Combos as well, which took me about 2 days to do. As for news, there is bad and good news. Bad news is that I might not be able to work on the set for the next couple of weeks, since this one is the last to do schoolwork and the next week after this one are my finals, so yeah, I'd appreciate your patience till then. 

As for the good news, I have managed to work on the set and I have added new tilesheets and a few extra goodies. And also, I would like to once again thank Dragon de Platino for creating an entire new Link Spritesheet to replace the old DoR Link. As of now, users can now choose from 4 different Links to create their quests. For the changelog, here it is:

• Added new Mtn. Tiles
  • Added Master Maniac's MC water set (reduced to 4 blues, since I didn't like the black color :P )
  • Added 1 empty tile page for anybody willing to complete the Transparent SD3 water set. 
  • Deleted unimplemented enemies for custom enemy space (as in, I deleted the BS Aquamentus sprites, Fire Dodongo, all the unused sprites ;) )
  • Deleted Animated Doors, these will be compensated by new Dungeon sets and more dungeon objects, and to leave space for expansion (think of the developers!)
  • Included 4 different Links to choose from, (Koh's PWNAGE Link recolored for DoR, Hat/Hatless DoR Link and DdP's DoR Hybrid Link! 

As of now, that's all I can think of. This time, no download is present due to lack of time. But as I said to a few followers, the next release will finally enter an official beta stage, which means you DoR hungry developers will be able to start carving and designing your overworlds until I finish the dungeons sections ;) Stay tuned for more!

Hi Demonlink

Nice info and yes of course i am waiting to the next update. :bounce: I like the idea to have 4 different links.

• Demonlink likes this

#40 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

• Added new Mtn. Tiles

Thanks for the info! Everything sounds great!

Can't wait for the next update! :D

• Demonlink and coolgamer012345 like this

#41 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:43 AM

Delicious information. Demonlink, I'll likely be using your tileset for my Hollow project (since I haven't made much in the original DoR anyway), so I hope it's finished soon!

However, if what's missing is mostly man-made stuff (stuff that wouldn't fit in to my project anyway), I may be able to use your beta version for now.

Not that I particularly need it right this second since most of my work on the project is going in to scripts at the moment.

• Demonlink likes this

#42 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:57 PM

Not to be that guy, but any updates?

#43 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:39 AM

Not to be that guy, but any updates?

Unfortunately, you are that guy :lol: (Just kidding :P ) To be honest, I haven't touched ZQuest this week at all, tomorrow are my final FINALs (Get it?  :tard: ). I'll try to push this thing into the beta I promised probably either late next week or around mid June ;) (But yeah, I appreciate you asking for updates, it actually means that this is a desired Tileset! :) ) Thanks

#44 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

I'm not gonna be the one to do any recoloring on these sprites, but I released a set of graphics from a now-defunct project awhile ago. There's a couple hundred custom NPC sprites in there. It'd be nice to enter a village in a ZC Quest and see something other than the same old LA townsfolk. 

http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=47377

• Demonlink likes this

#45 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

Unfortunately, you are that guy :lol: (Just kidding :P ) To be honest, I haven't touched ZQuest this week at all, tomorrow are my final FINALs (Get it?  :tard: ). I'll try to push this thing into the beta I promised probably either late next week or around mid June ;) (But yeah, I appreciate you asking for updates, it actually means that this is a desired Tileset! :) ) Thanks

Just so many smileys XD.

I too, Am awaiting this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tileset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users