• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#1 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:10 PM

Coming March 4th 2016! And Zelda U teaser at the end!

• Jared and SkyLizardGirl like this

#2 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:19 PM

Yay, i get to enjoy a game i already played on another console.

I love Remakes!

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 12 November 2015 - 05:20 PM.

#3 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

Please let the controls be like the Gamecube controls and not with the Wii motion controls. Also, Hero Mode would be more than appreciated.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#4 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:57 PM

I can't even tell the difference -_- Stupid remakes

-Strike
  • Cukeman likes this

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

Please let the controls be like the Gamecube controls and not with the Wii motion controls. Also, Hero Mode would be more than appreciated.

Based on gameplay, it seems to be button-based. Notice the buttons when Link does a spin attack.

Also Reggie kinda just said there would be differences aside from visuals. I'm assuming better if not no loading times, a button that instantly transforms you to Wolf Link and back, etc. I'm hoping at least.

#6 Joey2216

Joey2216

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

I have never played TP so I'l probably pick up HD. I also love the shroud link was wearing in the Zelda Wii U footage

#7 Shosci

Shosci

Gaming Topics and Live Streams

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:13 PM

I did not faint like I thought I would, but that's probably because I was expecting this. Twilight Princess is one of my favorite Zelda games next to Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, and the Wind Waker. Instantly gonna buy the bundle with the Wolf Link Amiibo, I am a sucker for Zelda figurines. 

Some might seem disappointed that the art style looks the same, but the textures have been improved from what I saw. To be fair, Wind Waker HD did have a criticism where the added bloom effects and gradients took away the simplicity from the original art style. Changing up the art style entirely for Twilight Princess HD might get some backlash for it.

The controls would obviously use the basic Pro Controller, the Gamepad for better item selection, and maybe the Wii Remote, because the Wii Remote was honestly not intrusive to the original Wii version. As someone who already owns two copies of Twilight Princess, I have many reasons to buy something I cold-heartily support.

Changes to that should improve the gameplay:

·       Story cannot be changed

·       Content cannot be cut from the game

-        Give options to skip early tutorials

o   It takes 30 minutes to get the Wooden Sword

-        Add more abilities for the Wolf

o   Give the Wolf an ending blow or allow him to attack enemies while they’re unconscious

-        Vine Climbing…too slow

-        Give upgrades to little utilized weapons

o   The slingshot is an example where it was obsolete two dungeons in. Or drop the slingshot entirely since it didn’t add anything, but a tutorial.

o   The spinner needs more use outside of rails, maybe added combat or travel

-        Increase difficulty for bosses or add a Hero mode from the start

o   Twilight Princess is considered one of the easier games

-        Improve controller options

o   Allow the player to use the Gamepad, Pro Controller, and Wii Remote

o   Faster item selection from the Gamepad and Wii Remote

• LinkFan212 likes this

#8 Golden Guardian

Golden Guardian

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:32 PM

To be honest, my initial reaction to this was "That's HD?" It looks no different to me at all. Not that I would have bought it anyway, I still have the Gamecube version and have beaten it twice or so. Same reason I didn't buy Majora's Mask 3D or Ocarina of Time 3D. Great that they exist, but I already have their originals and have beaten them, so I see no reason to buy them a second time. 

• coolgamer012345 likes this

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:41 PM

I couldn't tell that was "Twilight Princess HD" until I saw the Wii U HUD.  I thought they were just doing a "Here's how the game used to look" kind of thing.  That's...really sad.  I was kind of hoping for an update to its style in the same way that Wind Waker HD was.  All that damn promotional art was a lie.

Oh well.  Hopefully they'll make some good changes to the game, at the very least.  I feel like this would've been better had they waited for the NX, though.

• The Satellite, Mani Kanina, strike and 1 other like this

#10 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:44 PM

HD? My ass. Look at the low poly count on the tower roofs in the scene when castle is burning. Nothing else stands out as looking particularly great either. With WW HD it was very easy to at least see the difference in texture quality, and while I'm sure stuff like that is better here, it sure as hell does not look like an huge upgrade so far.

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:46 PM

I'm not too fond of the graphics myself. When I first saw it, I assumed they were rolling clips of the original game to show the improvements. I hope the new features make up for it.

On another note, the game cover does look rather bad ass.

• The Satellite and Jared like this

#12 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:56 PM

-        Give options to skip early tutorials

o   It takes 30 minutes to get the Wooden Sword

It doesn't take that long to get it if you have any idea what you're doing. You could already skip cutscenes in the original too.

Beyond that, meh. Another remake is another remake. I've passed on OOT3D, WWHD and MM3D, so I'll do the same here. SSHD is probably coming in a few years too at this rate.

I will probably consider the amiibo however if its ever sold by itself. It'd be nice if there was a Midna and a Zant amiibo too.

#13 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:03 PM

After reading all these posts from people who thought the footage was from the original version, my first thought was "Yes! I'm not crazy!". My second thought was "What's the point?!".

This looks like a pretty skippable remake. The good news is, at least one obviously-HD Zelda game is coming out next year. DO WANT!

• Jared likes this

#14 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:11 PM

End of the world music, get your end of the world music here!

I was ready to get all hyped with this trailer, but man, it's like they weren't even trying to paint this "remake" in a good light. And then the Zelda U teaser at the end showed basically nothing new. Zelda please don't die on us...:(

#15 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

The cutscenes didn't impress me too much.

The gameplay on the other hand looked very HD, idk what you guys are talking aobut.

• coolgamer012345 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users