Does Nintendo hate america?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Link 2007

Blue Link 2007

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:32 PM

I'm starting to get the feeling that Nintendo just doesn't like us at all. My reason I think this is because they didn't put Mother 3 (Earthbound's sequel) outside of Japan. If you are wondering, this isn't a "Bash Nintendo" thread, just a "Why are they tormenting us?" thread.

What baffles me is that they had no reason not to send it to America. There was even a petition to demand that Mother 3 be localized, which had 31,338 signatures on it. And it was on a top 10 most wanted list in Japan. But they still didn't let us play it legally (fans are making a translated patch to go with the Japanese rom).

And now, they are pushing it into our faces that they got to play it and we didn't by putting Lucas, the main character of the game, into SSBB.

Hopefully, Nintendo has the decency to still send it to the US on GBA...

I still wonder why this still goes on, with not localizing games.

#2 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

There are milloins of complications to get a game over here!
FF3 didn't come over until recently!
Remeber they have to pay for it to ship! and there is a nintendo of america so why would they hate us?

#3 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:25 PM

Well, if you look at it from an economic viewpoint, it may be the case that if the cost of bringing Mother 3 to the U.S. is greater than the revenue it brings in, it well end up being a loss. 31,338 signatures is not nearly enough. That's still less than the size of Chicago or New York.

#4 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Oct 2 2007, 04:25 PM) View Post

Well, if you look at it from an economic viewpoint, it may be the case that if the cost of bringing Mother 3 to the U.S. is greater than the revenue it brings in, it well end up being a loss. 31,338 signatures is not nearly enough. That's still less than the size of Chicago or New York.
Those are still taken as representatives of the general gaming community.

I am a large supporter of the release of Mother 3 into North America. I try to call Nintendo's hot-line, asking about Mother 3/Earthbound-on-VC as often as I remember, as apart of a large fan community project called "EB Siege". Starmen.net runs EB Siege, is hosting the translation project, and has a LOT of fan stuff. It's like, one of the best fan communities of any game I have ever seen...

Participate in EB Siege! Seriously... it's so well-organized.

#5 Tatsudoshi

Tatsudoshi

Senior

• Members

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:48 PM

I'm still kinda surprised that they didn't rerelease EarthBound/Mother 2 on the GBA over here. However, it is understandable, since EarthBound didn't do too well economically when it came out over here on the SNES, even though Nintendo Power marketed it quite a bit. I guess the game series is more of a cult classic over here in the US rather than having the popularity of some other Nintendo games.

I did think it was kinda odd to include Lucas as a player in SSBB. It's like Marth and Roy in SSBM all over again. None of the Fire Emblem games they were in were released over here, and Sword of Seals (Roy's starring game) was never localized. Although, SoS wasn't that popular in Japan, either.

#6 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:02 AM

GOD DAMN IT THERE ARE MORE COUNTRIES THAN AMERICA AND JAPAN!!! icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif

The Earthbound series has never ever ever been released in Europe full stop.

85% of games released in Europe and Australia have already been in Asia and the Americas for some time, often even weeks or months. Australia sometimes even has to wait years.

I'm fed up of Europe and Australia being left out of everything. We are still here you know!!

#7 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:06 AM

^ DAMN STRAIGHT!

#8 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:15 AM

^ good on youes

We had to wait 6 mouths fro super paper mario i watched a super paper mario boss from march and we only got it last mouth.

I HATE WAITING
I HATE BEING LEFT OUT

JUST MAKE A GLOBLE RESSLE DATE

and no nintendo dose not hate armica

(but it takes time to convet NTSC settings to PAL)

#9 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:17 AM

A global release date would be a bit silly, but it would be nicer for release dates to be in different places to be a lot closer.

#10 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(Limzo @ Oct 3 2007, 04:02 PM) View Post

GOD DAMN IT THERE ARE MORE COUNTRIES THAN AMERICA AND JAPAN!!! icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif

The Earthbound series has never ever ever been released in Europe full stop.

85% of games released in Europe and Australia have already been in Asia and the Americas for some time, often even weeks or months. Australia sometimes even has to wait years.

I'm fed up of Europe and Australia being left out of everything. We are still here you know!!

I was going to say all of this but Limzo's already done it. You Americans don't know how lucky you are. I had to look Ness up on the internet after the original Smash Bros.. We never got Super Mario RPG on the SNES either. We won't be getting Manhunt 2 (although I don't care about that personally).

#11 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE(jimbob @ Oct 3 2007, 11:01 PM) View Post

I was going to say all of this but Limzo's already done it. You Americans don't know how lucky you are. I had to look Ness up on the internet after the original Smash Bros.. We never got Super Mario RPG on the SNES either. We won't be getting Manhunt 2 (although I don't care about that personally).

While most of this is to do with Europe/Australia being neglected, Manhunt 2 is never coming here due to a ban.

#12 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:42 PM

I vote Europe first for all games icon_razz.gif

#13 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Oct 4 2007, 11:42 PM) View Post
I vote Europe first for all games icon_razz.gif

Lol. Like that would happen. icon_rolleyes.gif (ooh internet sarcasm!! I just pwned ShadowTiger!) Unfortunately, we seldom ever get games first. Minish Cap and Mario Strikers Charged Football are two I can name off the top of my head. icon_wink.gif

#14 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:48 PM

These games dont make them selves ya know icon_sweat.gif cause when they program them in japan what language do they use....JAPANESE!!and japanese is not english with different looking words its much more complicated then that so they have to spend lots of money to have other people(Or a machine)to translate the programming language to english(Especially dialogues in nitendo games they have alot)

If a game or a game console dosnt sell so good in a huge city like japan they dont even bother importing them over to are countrys

#15 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(Limzo @ Oct 5 2007, 04:46 PM) View Post

Lol. Like that would happen. icon_rolleyes.gif (ooh internet sarcasm!! I just pwned ShadowTiger!) Unfortunately, we seldom ever get games first. Minish Cap and Mario Strikers Charged Football are two I can name off the top of my head. icon_wink.gif

I know it wouldn't happen, I'm just saying it should happen icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users