4 replies to this topic

#1 runaru

runaru

:3

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:37 AM

Hey! I think it's finally time for something to come from me :P

So this is Crimson Trials, a sidescrolling metroidvania quest.

The playable character will be Din the Oracle, from Oracle of Seasons :)

I do not aim for anything too ambitious, just a simple metroidvania that hopefully should bring at least some fun gameplay and hopefully puzzles as well!

The main gimmick of the quest is to retrieve the powers of four seasons, and use them to aid you in your quest.
For example, the Power of Spring can make saplings grow into vines you can climb, allowing access to areas you couldn't reach before!
I will not spoil too much yet, I'll spoil more things at a later date, when this project gets a little more progress. Right now there's not much, I have almost finished the first two areas (Hallways and Overgrowth), so progress is coming along nicely.

If you have any questions about this project, ask away! :)
  • Shane and Eddy like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:54 AM

I was definitely a big fan of Lyrics of Death, so I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes! Good luck on the project, and the screens you have right now look so amazing!

• runaru likes this

#3 runaru

runaru

:3

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:55 AM

I was definitely a big fan of Lyrics of Death, so I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes! Good luck on the project, and the screens you have right now look so amazing!

Thanks! This will definitely be similar to Lyrics of Death, but hopefully better!

• Eddy likes this

#4 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

Better than LoD? Hmmmm.

I want this.
  • runaru likes this

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:34 AM

I said this all over elsewhere but I want to say I'm really looking forward to this. I'll second what Shoshon elegantly said: If this is better than Lyrics of Death than I sure as hell want this. Lyrics of Death is one of the very first quests that got me into the Metroidvania genre along with a few others. A successor to that quest be it spiritually or sequel, would be amazing. I wish you good luck and if you need anything, I'll be here to help.

• runaru likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users