Photo

Screenshot: Challenge Reborn #1 (Results)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should win?

Vote your favorite.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:42 AM

Alright, we got the shots, and now you get the results! ...As in the screenshots. We have yet to convince The_Satellite to travel into the future to find out who wins. Our deepest condolences on your swindling.

Requirements:

• With the rebirth of an old contest in a different form comes a rebirth of an old legend in a different form! Your screen should have a non-hylian/non-human character as the player character!
  • We're breathing new life into this contest, and thus you should breathe life into your screens! Your screen should look lively and alive! 

Entries:

Shane
HxDVsa6.png
Aster's sidekick, a bat-like imp named Umbra, has arrived at Regal City!

Russ
yvO9vge.png
Lumen's brief moment of contemplation is abruptly ended by a nosy crocodile.

Shoshon The Elegant
g21Tfbf.png
Mighty manticore runs rampant, setting fire to the icy mountains.

ehQ51rK.png
You want a mockup?

Orithan
BPk50LO.png
Go forth our hero! Take our Ordinary Plate and seek our great and almighty overlord. He will need your help!

Lut
PjcPJLU.gif
The Silver Star is looking rather blue today.

Leaderboard

Participation

"What's this?", you ask? This is the leaderboard. Currently, the only thing to keep track of is how many contests in a row you've participated, but you can hopefully expect more leaderboards, such as "most wins", etc.

Vote now! I'll post the next challenge after the voting on this one ends. That won't be the case for all of them, but this first one is speshul and beautiful.

Edited by Dimentio, 03 February 2018 - 01:43 AM.

• Anthus, Rastael, Eddy and 2 others like this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:02 PM

What a turnout! xd

• Deedee likes this

#3 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:46 PM

Shane:
Love it. I mentioned yesterday this being SotY potential. Hard to believe you made all those tiles.

Russ:
Looking great as well. I love enviornment of this shot.

Shoshon:
Half ass shot is half ass. But at least I get to show off the manticore sprite.

A basic shot, but well done and composed, like all of your work.

Orithan:
It's really funny when such a gorgeous shot is only my thirs favorite. Very nicely done.

Lut:
Stunning.
  • Avaro and Lüt like this

#4 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

Epic Water Temple! Voted for Lut.

• Lüt likes this

#5 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

All of these look good, but I'm gonna go with Shane here.

By the way, Lüt​, just for some clarification on yours: The water directly above the drain looks like it's going backwards. Seeing the black pixels over it looks like it might be an attempt at shading it, is that supposed to be a straircase/slide going down a floor?

• Lüt likes this

#6 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

By the way, Lüt​, just for some clarification on yours: The water directly above the drain looks like it's going backwards. Seeing the black pixels over it looks like it might be an attempt at shading it, is that supposed to be a straircase/slide going down a floor?

I would assume that was the intention of the original graphics, yes.

I (hopefully obviously) didn't make these myself - they're from the unfortunately obscure Sega CD game Lunar 2: Eternal Blue.

My first thought on noticing the backward-looking flow was to try reversing the animation - and that's when I realized, it was definitely supposed to be animated the way it is. So yeah, it looks like the floor has a sudden drop in height below the arch, then slides down some chute to a lower level. You can't actually go into it in the original game though; it just acts as a solid wall. It also first appears on a floor that has wall spouts pouring water, but no drains, so I figured it was the exit point for that floor's water flow.

At any rate, this is a really impressive turnout. Looks like the contest is going to have a strong few rounds over the upcoming weeks, if this round is any indicator.

I was expecting more animated shots though, given the rules saying screens should look "lively and alive."

Regardless, if I wasn't participating, I'd likely go with Shane. Looking at the stairs along the walkways makes me realize how few village scenes I've ever seen in ZC with any kind of height variation.

#7 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:50 PM

I was expecting more animated shots though, given the rules saying screens should look "lively and alive."

Yes, that's a good way to make it lively and alive, but definetly not the only way imo :D

• Lüt likes this

#8 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

A lot of great stuff here. I'm at a loss for words. Voted Shane.

#9 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

I didn't realize screenshot of the decade was right now. :heh:

I voted for Lut, but all of these screens are very well made, and deserve to win just as much. Lut, is that thing in the center of your screen sucking water up? Because upside down waterfalls are a thing.

I have to admit, it was weird at first not seeing Link in any of these, but it is really refreshing.

• Lüt likes this

#10 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

I didn't realize screenshot of the decade was right now. :heh:

I voted for Lut, but all of these screens are very well made, and deserve to win just as much. Lut, is that thing in the center of your screen sucking water up? Because upside down waterfalls are a thing.

I have to admit, it was weird at first not seeing Link in any of these, but it is really refreshing.

Eh. Mine's just decently and randomly thown together in a couple minutes. Everyone else's is great though.
  • Anthus likes this

#11 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

Hmm, Lut's screen has sideview waterfalls that could be an easy adaptation into ZC

#12 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:46 PM

Hmm, Lut's screen has sideview waterfalls that could be an easy adaptation into ZC

these are all in ZC

#13 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:07 AM

these are all in ZC

meant adapting them to another graphic style. sorry for any confusion

#14 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:00 PM

Lüt wins with 38.46% of the vote. Congrats!

PjcPJLU.gif

Final Results:

• Shane (9 votes [34.62%])
  • Russ (3 votes [11.54%])
  • Soshon The Elegant (0 votes [0.00%])
  • Orithan (3 votes [7.69%])
  • Lüt (10 votes [38.46%])

Thank you all so much for participating with us for this first challenge! The second challenge will go live shortly, and will hopefully be a lot less restricting! See you all there!

#15 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:15 AM

The new challenge is now up!

https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=73610

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users