Expo Winter One Month Quest Contest Crossover Mashup

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#76 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:19 AM

Just submit it anyway, ywkls. There's nothing stopping you from fixing it afterward.

I could certainly slap all the enemies in by the due date but as for balance and whether it is actually possible to get from the beginning to the end without running into game-breaking bugs, I don't know. I've got five days. I'll see what I can do.

#77 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:08 AM

I could certainly slap all the enemies in by the due date but as for balance and whether it is actually possible to get from the beginning to the end without running into game-breaking bugs, I don't know. I've got five days. I'll see what I can do.

This is pretty typical for quest contest entries. Lost Kingdom had plenty of bugs, as did many other now-great quests. Submit to the contest, get people interested, and patch later. That's generally how this works, and it was what I would have had to do for DK Legend.

Knowing that I would never have had a fully-playable quest by the deadline (new, or old), I decided to let DKL simmer, and I think that's for the best. My original plan was sans-scripts, but that mutated into something different, and it's for the best, if it ends up working.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 05 February 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#78 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:39 PM

@ZoriaRPG and Lejes- Alright, you talked me into it. Plus, something grayswandir said on Skype made me realize that I don't need enemies to test since I can just use cheat codes to give myself items. Once I'm satisfied that the physical dynamics of actually getting around function; then I'll drop some random enemies in. Maybe some extra recharge stations too, for good measure. Doing these things is a goal I reasonably feel I can accomplish by the tenth.

• Avaro likes this

#79 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

zelda186.png

Git hype!
  • Shane and Joelmacool like this

#80 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:03 AM

zelda186.png

Git hype!

I have to ask, as I know you are obsessive about screen design: Are all those tile errors some kind of strange, theme-based expression?

#81 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:09 AM

zelda186.png

Git hype!

It's DayDay!!!! Sorry but it is copyrighted.

#82 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:41 PM

I sent my thread/message for my quest in to zori just now. :Y

SOON!

#83 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

Sent mine in as well. With this extra time plus a very flexible quest design, I might have added far more than I expected these last 10 days.

In the words of a message in my quest: "OH my GOD. WHAT are you thinking?"

Should be interesting, and that's all I can say for now.

#84 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:25 AM

Today is the last day for the contest, it seems. Hopefully I'll have my quest out the door by tonight!

#85 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:36 AM

Today is the last day for the contest, it seems. Hopefully I'll have my quest out the door by tonight!

Get it in, before I close this bastard. :P

#86 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:02 PM

And I submitted mine. it isn't playtested from start to finish but I do believe got all the major, game-breaking bugs out. Of course, I've been known to be wrong before...

Anyways, please report these as they are found. I'm going to playtest it myself as much as I can now that the development cycle is done so hopefully I'll find them before you do.

#87 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:14 PM

Just a couple more hours until I'm off work and I can crank out the rest of mine. Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries!

#88 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:35 PM

can't wait to see peoples reaction to my quest, as well as what everyone else have cooked up! :3

#89 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:55 AM

EDIT: Forget gannon, I'll do a workaround and get something in around half an hour probably. I'm not letting one little bug ruin the project lol.

Edited by Octorockoncrack, 11 February 2016 - 02:10 AM.

#90 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:42 AM

Entries are now CLOSED.

I'll start assembling the main poll topic today, and post it either today, or tomorrow.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 11 February 2016 - 07:42 AM.

• Shane likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Expo, Winter, One Month, Quest, Contest, Crossover, Mashup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users