Photo

Screenshot of the Year 2020

Matthew Russ Shane Twilight Knight Joelmacool

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Year 2020 (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:06 PM

Here it is, Screenshot of the Year to decide the best shot of 2020!

I gave a lot of thought to how to structure this, and in the end decided it would be best to have a single, very lively bracket. Go ahead and vote for your favorite of these high quality shots.

Russ - SotM 179
Russ.png
As the sun sets above the Northern Sea, Kell searches for answers. But will he find what he seeks before time runs out...

Matthew - SotM 180
Matthew.png
I used a nice mix of custom and classic tiles to create this aesthetic.

Shane - SotM 181
Yoshi.png

Twilight Knight - SotM 182
TwilightKnight.png
Adventure awaits!

Joelmacool - SotM 183
Joelmacool.png
Paternal Temple

Joelmacool - SotM 184
Joelmacool.png
The terrain of Roo's Massif is one that will bring about wonder to many.

• Anthus, nicklegends, Joelmacool and 1 other like this

#2 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:24 PM

it probably goes without saying that these are all great, but i'm a big fan of colors and shane's palette is really doing it for me

• Shane likes this

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:13 PM

The best of the best is here, and like all others of the annual finals, this one does not disappoint.  It's amazing for anybody to get this far.  It's especially amazing when one wins SotM more than once in the same year, so kudos to Joel there.  As for my favorite, mine goes to Matthew.  I remember that screen back when it was in SotW, and it continues to be impressive to the same degree.

• Anthus, Shane, Avaro and 2 others like this

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 20 January 2021 - 02:13 PM

Congratulations to everybody for making it this far! It's been a blast tracking each contest and witnessing the depth of creativity each of you displays.

Every once in a while, a shot is submitted that I feel is magical. This year, the magical shot is Matthew's. The details are gorgeous, the purple highlights in the flowers add a somewhat mystical aura, the shadows are executed subtly and flawlessly, and the screen feels larger than it really is.

Thanks for another great year!
  • Twilight Knight, Shane and Matthew like this

#5 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 20 January 2021 - 05:27 PM

Congratulations to everybody for making it this far! It's been a blast tracking each contest and witnessing the depth of creativity each of you displays.

Every once in a while, a shot is submitted that I feel is magical. This year, the magical shot is Matthew's. The details are gorgeous, the purple highlights in the flowers add a somewhat mystical aura, the shadows are executed subtly and flawlessly, and the screen feels larger than it really is.

Thanks for another great year!

I agree, Matthew's screen stands out most to me and this is where I voted

Also funny to see how well mountain top screens do  :teehee:

• Shane and Matthew like this

#6 Ghost

Ghost

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 20 January 2021 - 10:08 PM

Russ has a lovely sunset. The rocks are different colors which is nice, and the red lava compliments it well.

Matthew close second, nice seeing how far you can you could take classic graphics.

• Matthew likes this

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 20 January 2021 - 10:48 PM

Really cool collection of screenshots, definitely all worthy to be here! Matthew's is my favourite here. I remember watching him make this screen (and area) way back. Good times. :)

• Matthew likes this

#8 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 21 January 2021 - 02:25 AM

These are all fantastic and well deserving of making it to Screenshot of the Year, so congrats on that everyone! In the end, I will be voting for Matthew's screen! There's just something about it that immediately appeals greatly to me and I just love how the mix of tiles turns out so well together. The colors and the atmosphere of the shot are amazing, and the attention to detail is very high given the usage of a variation of the classic tileset. Fantastic job! :)

• Matthew likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Matthew, Russ, Shane, Twilight Knight, Joelmacool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users