Photo

Screenshot of the Week 65

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Sep 30 2004, 12:31 PM)
Jamitossi:

This dungeon still looks cool. icon_smile.gif This is a pretty well-designed screen, too. The only thing that gets me is that you've got a bridge going over the water and the lava... I hope you can explain how lava and water can be touching without resulting in something messy.

Well, actually that bridge was a bit of an afterthought. I think in the real version I'm gonna have the two combining to make some sort of hardened magma stuff that you can walk across where the bridge is now.

I really like everyone's shot, it's not commun to get 11 submissions either... I guess everyone wanted to beat prince O_o.

#17 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:54 PM

IaN: Outstanding. The setup is amazing, and you've pulled off some nice things with TLTTP set. icon_wink.gif
lord_jamitossi: Those snakes look pretty good. icon_wink.gif But, the bridge should be made more 3D. Those posts on the 4 corners of it, need to stand up.
Mr. Z: The way you have the sand looks really nice. Other than that, it's a pretty standard shot. icon_thumbsup.gif
Radien: ***glares into shot*** Those vines on the walls are nice. But, sorry, I don't vote solely on tiles. The setup is average.
Shoelace: Setup is pretty good there SL. icon_wink.gif Looks like a hard quest too.
Ccc: Like in the case with my castle walls, you should add in some depth to those walls. Other than that, looks good.
DragonAtma: I would like you walls better if they were truley custom, but they are are a clear adjustment of the LoZ Walls. But, I do give you credits for the snake, which looks superb. icon_thumbsup.gif
Hero Link: ***laughes*** Too bad a side scroller Mario isn't possible, due to the fact of jumping. Unless you are using the raft.
Ben: Very nice shot there. Looks really "Revenge" like. icon_biggrin.gif
codelinker: Setup is really the best thing here. The tiles have been seen before. icon_shrug.gif
skateboarder11: Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the dark connections between the dirt and grass looks good. Everything else is nice.
Again, I voted for Ian.

#18 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:46 PM

LTM, no... DA's walls are completely custom. You just think they're edits... something I don't like. People go and make new tiles from scratch, then others say it's edited when it really isn't. icon_sigh.gif

It's the truth, and he's told me directly. Only thing edited are the push blocks... and I could even show you my own created walls. They look similar to BS but I can assure you, made from scratch.

#19 DragonAtma

DragonAtma

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:46 PM

Actually, they ARE completely self-made. It's the pushblocks that are modified from pure tileset :Þ

#20 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:18 PM

Sorry, but you have to admit, they do look like the classic dungeon tiles. icon_shrug.gif

#21 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:07 PM

Yes, credits to Prince. Can we say enough, about the ML tileset? It's a freakin' tileset. Just like Pureset, or any other set. I'm tired of people saying thanks to Prince. Yes, Prince did make the tileset, but doesn't someone have to use the tiles? I'm not trying to get ugly, but a few people have said the same things.. Oh, nevermind.. On to my comments..

Ian: Very excellent screen. Would have probably been my vote for this SOTW. But... I did enter, I have to null vote. icon_smile.gif Anyways.. I've said enough about the vine subscreen maps. Great shot!

lord_jamitossi: Hey! Nice screen. The screen has some nice tiles. I really like them. You made them from scratch? Wow! Looks great man.. Keep it up. Water and lava separated. icon_heh.gif Very nice.. I guess.. Different.. Hmm.. I guess that is it. Good job. icon_thumbsup.gif

Mr.Z: Another good screen. The tracks look alittle weird.. I don't know.. They do look pretty good. You custom made them, eh? Wow, looks great. The whole dungeon screen looks well done. Only thing I can say is.. You could have borrowed the tracks from ML tileset, that are being added. icon_wink.gif Oh, well.. And um.. Do, do something with those subscreen maps, above. Or do you plan on keeping them like they are now? Anyways.. Great screen. icon_biggrin.gif

Radien: I can't see much, wow.. Umm.. huh.. It's too dark.. I can't really comment on it. It looks like the player is walking straight over the bridge, without anything under it. Very interesting.. I guess it is too dark to see. I guess the rain could be the problem. It is really bugging my eyes. icon_blink.gif Overall, GREAT! I like the Deluge tiles anyways. Keep it up, Rad! icon_thumbsup.gif

Shoelace: icon_blink.gif ... Pretty nice.. Actually.. I was going to say it looked kinda like my level 1, but no way.. Hehe.. Looks good though. I think you went kinda over board with the bridge type tiles going all over the place. Lighten up a little bit with them.. Or is that a certain spot in the section of the dungeon..? Interesting.. The torch is all grey! icon_eek.gif I wonder why.. Humm.. I will never know.. Anyways.. Good screen, guy! icon_biggrin.gif

Ccc: Nice custom walls. I like them. Nice action going there.. Umm.. You could of added a few more dirt spots, or no.. I don't know.. Trying to make it look alittle more detailed. icon_biggrin.gif The custom subscreen maps look fairly nice.. Good job, on them. The trees are okay, I think I have commented on them before, actually.. The screen is actually is kinda boring to me.. Not to make you mad, but it is to me. Good job, though. I always actually like your screens Ccc. icon_thumbsup.gif

DragonAtma: Kinda of boring.. But.. The blocks look kinda neat. There ya go! Great job, Dragon. Keep it up. Nothing really to say..

Herolink: Nice screen! But you should have shown mario jumping on the enemy. I would have voted for it then. icon_lol.gif

Ben: Nice screen.. I could of swore I saw this screen awhile back. . Oh, nevermind. Link behind a tree. Nice, I guess. Oh, the silver tree, all by it's lonesome.. Aww.. *lol* Good job, Ben. icon_thumbsup.gif

Skate: Nice dirt, really different, I might add. Umm.. The tiles go good with this screen actually. Wouldn't be my vote, but it sure looks well designed, for a dull looking screen. Great job, Skate. Keep up your hard ZQ work, buddy! icon_wink.gif

#22 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:45 PM

I will not be voting because I have a pic entered into it this week. Here goes.

IaN-Very cool looking screen. I love what you did with the LTTP tiles in this screen. It looks awesome. Great work man.

lord_jamitossi-This is also a very good screen. I like the lava and water idea, and I like that you are going to change it so that you walk overtop the hardened lava. Great idea.

Mr. Z-This is a very nice screen. I love the tracks, and use of the tiles. It does look a bit familiar now that I think of it.

Radien-Great job Radien. This is a very cool screen. I like how this quest is looking. Keep up the great work.

Shoelace-Very good setup on this screen. It's a very good use of tiles.

Ccc-Nice looking screen. I'm loving the trees. Looks like it'll be an interesting quest.

DragonAtma-Good looking first submission. The walls look superb. Is this for a quest?

Hero Link-People didn't react to this screen like I thought they would. Yes, it is from ZC. I am trying to figure out a way to make things work out in this. I may or may not continue on this "project" because I have a few others that are much more worth my time.

Ben-Good looking screen, Ben. It does remind me a lot of Revenge 2. You seem to have some good skills with that set. Is that for a quest, if not, you should make one with it.

codelinker-Oh fancy ship. I like how you set this screen up code. You look as though you are doing a great job on ML. Keep it up.

skateboarder11-Good looking screen. It 's very original. Good work.

Boy, it sure was a great week for shots. Awesome work everyone.

#23 DragonAtma

DragonAtma

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 01 October 2004 - 12:05 AM

The snake motif isn't currently planned... but nothing says I can't use them! However, the current goal of my variuous tiles is to make a lovable tileset.

#24 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 01 October 2004 - 12:23 AM

You are already doing a wonderful job with the tilemaking DA. Do you have any overworld tiles made yet? The dungeon ones in that shot look very well done.

#25 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:43 AM

Are those enemies wading in lava?...  ...Hehe... that's an interesting effect. Fun, even though if my calculations are correct they probably aren't engageable in combat.

Nice lookin' shot! You know what I like about it? This room feels big. And everything about the tiles is used well. This is one of my favorites here.

Raiden, you are right, those enemies in the lava are not engageable for combat. That is what they get for standing too close the ledge. Also, I want my rooms to feel big because I like being able to move around. Thanks for your comment. icon_smile.gif

Shoelace:  ... Pretty nice.. Actually.. I was going to say it looked kinda like my level 1, but no way.. Hehe.. Looks good though. I think you went kinda over board with the bridge type tiles going all over the place. Lighten up a little bit with them.. Or is that a certain spot in the section of the dungeon..? Interesting.. The torch is all grey!  I wonder why.. Humm.. I will never know.. Anyways.. Good screen, guy! 

Well actually that is the way that part of the level is. Thanks for your input. Also, I am not going to tell you guys why the torch is grey. You will find out that when my demo comes out. icon_cool.gif

Oh, and yeah... I have a vote. With this stiff competition I didn't think I was going to get one. Next week, I will put another picture in there. This time it will be the "Life" part of the level. icon_thumbsup.gif

#26 DragonAtma

DragonAtma

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:57 PM

Ah yes, I have some overworld tiles. Specifically, a variation of the Pure cliffs.

#27 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:16 PM

Yeah, I thought that torch was meant for something, maybe.. Secret, or uhh.. Special. .Possibly.. icon_biggrin.gif Great job.

#28 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 02 October 2004 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE(IaN @ Sep 30 2004, 04:40 AM)
:O PRINCE LIED!?! The horror. I guess he was kidding after all. I still would have liked to have had him enter. icon_frown.gif

Yeah, I was only kidding. But as funny as it might have been, me trying to win the next four SotW so I'm the only one you could vote for in SotM, might not be so funny to others. And plus, that would mean you guys would get to see some of the new tiles in AI. I think its a bit to early to show new screen shots every week. icon_heh.gif

However, for those who did, or still do want to try and beat me, I promise I will let you guys know at least a week prior to my entry. Thus, giving you enough time to make a screen shot and submitting it.

Also, it looks like IaN is going to win this one. Congratulations! I'm sure you will be pleased with your updated rank. In fact I think I will just go a head and update it, you can't go any high than where you are going to be ranked without another win, so votes aren't an issue. But when Praethus declares you the winner I will update your statues on my computer with the complete number of votes you received. :-)

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#29 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 October 2004 - 10:39 AM

Yay! ^_^ At least now I'll know when to enter against you (from now on at least icon_razz.gif ) Can't wait to see my new rank icon_smile.gif Thanks.

EDIT: Swoot! 9th place in the rankings!

Edited by IaN, 02 October 2004 - 10:43 AM.

#30 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 02 October 2004 - 10:42 AM

Guess what? I couldn't decide, so I null voted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users