Photo

[2.5x] View Palette showing absolute colors?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 18 March 2021 - 12:36 AM

Right now, the View Palette screen isn't very useful.  It's one of the most forgotten-about windows in all of ZQuest:

rmmL4Pt.png

It currently doesn't display all that much more than can be seen by viewing Quest -> Graphics -> Palette -> Main or Quest -> Graphics -> Palettes -> Level, and the only real reason to use it is it can show the current palette as it will function on the current screen.

One way I think its utility could be extended is if it showed the absolute color value (in hex, probably) of every color for palette -- with the color serving as the background, and perhaps some small text layered on top of every swatch, similar to YY-CHR:

JSYlp6j.png

That all said, I'm not 100% sure how easy it'd be to implement.  In particular, the size of the View Palette window might have to be expanded, which might be difficult to maintain with Small Mode being supported.

Edited by poiuytrewq, 18 March 2021 - 12:40 AM.

• Mitchfork likes this

#2 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 18 March 2021 - 03:00 AM

I think it could be if you mouse over a color it will display the value in the bottom portion of the window.

• Rambly likes this

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 19 March 2021 - 07:20 AM

I think it could be if you mouse over a color it will display the value in the bottom portion of the window.

This may be due to some changes to how map square frames are depicted. I will need to look at the code that generates this GUI display and see. TYVM for the report. 

#4 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 August 2021 - 06:04 PM

unknown.png

Added, displaying both hex and decimal value. Font used is monospaced, so the numbers don't 'jitter' as you move the cursor around. Numbers disappear when the cursor is outside the palette area.

Will be in next alpha, but test build available in the Z-Zone thread for this request.

• Rambly and Twilight Knight like this

#5 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 August 2021 - 03:54 AM

Y'did good, Emily. Thanks!

• Emily likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users