• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

"NES Door Sensitivity Update"

Are you sure that discrepancy between versions isn't because 2.50.2 wasn't updated with the fix? Or wait, is 2.50.2 a different beta branch to 2.53 and  2.50.2 should also have the fix implemented for it (but it isn't yet implemented)?

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 18 September 2017 - 10:53 PM.

#32 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:30 PM

Are you running ZC and ZQuest at the same time? That might do it; whichever one is closed second would overwrite the first one's configuration changes.

Why is ZQuest writing to the ZELDADX section though? Shouldn't ZQ only write to the ZQUEST settings on exit?

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't clear other settings, such as the default quest path, when you do that, so, IDK what is happening there (yet). I have however, experienced the control settings being lost, but I was not able to reproduce it readily.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 19 September 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#33 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

Also another bug report, reproducible in ZC 2.50.2

The F6 confirmation dialog fails to respond to keyboard after several times. Shardstorm changelog said that hopefully that issue would be fixed, but it`s still here.

#34 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:54 AM

Also another bug report, reproducible in ZC 2.50.2

The F6 confirmation dialog fails to respond to keyboard after several times. Shardstorm changelog said that hopefully that issue would be fixed, but it`s still here.

That is an allegro bug, and should not be an issue in 2.53, as of at least the last few betas. Try the latest update to Beta 8.

"NES Door Sensitivity Update"

Are you sure that discrepancy between versions isn't because 2.50.2 wasn't updated with the fix? Or wait, is 2.50.2 a different beta branch to 2.53 and 2.50.2 should also have the fix implemented for it (but it isn't yet implemented)?

Wot? The doors changes are specific to the latest bundle of 2.53.0b8. ... How are we all of a sudden discussing 2.50.2?

Note to All: Please try to limit bug reports in this thread to bugs in 2.53, and to post 2.50.2-or-older-specific bugs in the general bug reports thread.

----------

Topical Notes

• I will trim the left and right doors a tad, so that if for some reason a questmaker puts a solid block in front of a locked door, that the player cannot open the door.

• I am probably not going to muck with the swimming code at this time. I may revisit it for 2.54, as it is an inconsistency that may actually be required in a quest somewhere, and I would rather 'fix' it when we are at a stage where we can evaluate the need for a rule for any changes to this behaviour.
    • Beyond that, water and 8-way movement has a lot of code relating to the ladder and other nonsense, that is just a train-wreck. 

• The debug console has always worked in this manner. I might add a warning dialogue that pops up prior to it opening, but closing it kills the allegro thread, as I have previously mentioned. I do not know of a way to intercept that.
  • The map drawing might be simple, and we may be able to fit that in somewhere.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 20 September 2017 - 05:12 AM.

#35 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:57 AM

If you read his post on the issue you'll see him be bewildered that the issue persists in v2.50.2, which makes perfect sense since that version was never/not yet updated to include the fix...

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 20 September 2017 - 04:58 AM.

#36 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:08 AM

If you read his post on the issue you'll see him be bewildered that the issue persists in v2.50.2, which makes perfect sense since that version was never/not yet updated to include the fix...

No, I read it Nicholas. I understand that it was a complaint that the problem still exists in 2.50.2. I do not understand why anyone is bringing up stuff that is in 2.50.2 without testing if it is a problem in 2.53.

2.53 > 2.50.n

The 2.50.2 changelog might claim that it was fixed; or something on shardstorm that no longer applies might. IDK. It should be related to the same allegro issue that we fixed that causes a lack of keyboard input in general; or at least that is what I would expect; and that should now be fixed.

I'm not sure how (or when) it was fixed before, if at all, but if it was the race condition at fault, then no amount of in-ZC fixes would have solved it.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 20 September 2017 - 05:12 AM.

#37 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:06 AM

Zelda Classic, 2.53, Beta 9 for Windows

A new topic will follow, after we discover if any of the new changes pose problems. This makes a very slight adjustment to doors, that I'll admit that I did not check with Lut's test quest (yet), but more important, it incorporates Gleeok's changes/fixes to flying/floating enemies, such as Wizrobes, so that they do not spawn in inappropriate locations. 

#38 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

...so that they do not spawn in inappropriate locations. 

*sigh* I'm immature. I admit, I giggled a a bit at this.

#39 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:36 PM

21st Sept, 2017 @ 03:30GMT

Bugfix: 2.53_Win_Beta_9--fixdrinkguys.zip

I updated the link in the top post of the thread. Anyone still testing the original Beta 9 release can toss it in the scrap heap, unless you want a few giggles...

• AdmiralJaden likes this

#40 AdmiralJaden

AdmiralJaden

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

Was just looking at all of the progress for the new version, and I'm excited, honestly.

@ZoriaRPG: I know the main release is a ways off yet, but do you guys have a vague idea of when that could be? Also, is 2.53 Beta 9 fairly stable? I'm thinking about setting it as a second install so I can help test it's functions, would it interfere with other versions on the same computer?

21st Sept, 2017 @ 03:30GMT

Bugfix: 2.53_Win_Beta_9--fixdrinkguys.zip

I updated the link in the top post of the thread. Anyone still testing the original Beta 9 release can toss it in the scrap heap, unless you want a few giggles...

Lol wow and I just posted asking about Beta 9. I have horrible timing.

#41 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

Was just looking at all of the progress for the new version, and I'm excited, honestly.

@ZoriaRPG: I know the main release is a ways off yet, but do you guys have a vague idea of when that could be? Also, is 2.53 Beta 9 fairly stable? I'm thinking about setting it as a second install so I can help test it's functions, would it interfere with other versions on the same computer?

Lol wow and I just posted asking about Beta 9. I have horrible timing.

I hope that, by the end of this month, 2.53 will be in Gamma (RC) phase, and out in October. I was aiming for a September release, but clearly that is not happening. I am also still hoping for at least an initial beta release of 2.54 in December, but we shall see if that works out.

You can have as many 'ZC Installs' as you want. Just keep each in its own path (i.e., folder, directory), so that the datafiles (qst.dat, zelda.dat, fonts.dat, and so forth), the executable files (zelda-w, romview-w, zquest-w), the config file (ag.cfg), the five base quest files (1st through 5th), and the save file (zc.sav) are not shared somehow on your filesystem.

Spoiler

As an example, you can have one at:

C:\USERS\USERNAME\ZeldaClassic\

another at:

C:\USERS\USERNAME\ZeldaClassic\ZC2.50.2\

another at:

C:\USERS\USERNAME\ZeldaClassic\ZC2.53\
or
C:\USERS\USERNAME\ZeldaClassic\2.50.2\2.53

However you want to organise it.

For quest-playing directories, I essentially do:

C:\USERS\USERNAME\ZeldaClassic\version\subversion\devstage

You should always check ag.cfg when adding another path (by copying an old ZC directory to a new location), and remove the strings:
win_qst_dir = %path%
and
win_last_quest = %path%
and
win_last_timed_save = %path%

As otherwise, they will default to their older locations. You do not need to do this with a virgin ZIP file, as they are only set on use; but if you copy a directory or rename it, you should rename these paths, or remove them, at that time.

With the ZIP files that you download here, you can simply unzip them into a new directory and you will be golden.

• AdmiralJaden likes this

#42 AdmiralJaden

AdmiralJaden

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:05 PM

I hope that, by the end of this month, 2.53 will be in Gamma (RC) phase, and out in October. I was aiming for a September release, but clearly that is not happening. I am also still hoping for at least an initial beta release of 2.54 in December, but we shall see if that works out.

You can have as many 'ZC Installs' as you want. Just keep each in its own path (i.e., folder, directory), so that the datafiles (qst.dat, zelda.dat, fonts.dat, and so forth), the executable files (zelda-w, romview-w, zquest-w), the config file (ag.cfg), the five base quest files (1st through 5th), and the save file (zc.sav) are not shared somehow on your filesystem.

Spoiler

As an example, you can have one at:

C:\USERS\USERNAME\ZeldaClassic\

another at:

C:\USERS\USERNAME\ZeldaClassic\ZC2.50.2\

another at:

C:\USERS\USERNAME\ZeldaClassic\ZC2.53\
or
C:\USERS\USERNAME\ZeldaClassic\2.50.2\2.53

However you want to organise it.

For quest-playing directories, I essentially do:

C:\USERS\USERNAME\ZeldaClassic\version\subversion\devstage

You should always check ag.cfg when adding another path (by copying an old ZC directory to a new location), and remove the strings:
win_qst_dir = %path%
and
win_last_quest = %path%
and
win_last_timed_save = %path%

As otherwise, they will default to their older locations. You do not need to do this with a virgin ZIP file, as they are only set on use; but if you copy a directory or rename it, you should rename these paths, or remove them, at that time.

With the ZIP files that you download here, you can simply unzip them into a new directory and you will be golden.

Awesome. Upon opening the player itself (ZC) where you play quests, I'm noticing some bugs with controls. Controller and keyboard doesn't seem to respond, specifically: Start, Select, A, B (possibly). direction keys work ok, it seems though. I can't rule out that it may just be a fluke, but I thought I'd report that just in case it's more common. I'll keep at it though, I'm sure it's not going to do that every time. For reference, I run Win7 64 bit and use a iBuffalo Classic USB Gamepad (SNES). Not sure if that makes any difference, but yeah. :)

#43 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:33 PM

Awesome. Upon opening the player itself (ZC) where you play quests, I'm noticing some bugs with controls. Controller and keyboard doesn't seem to respond, specifically: Start, Select, A, B (possibly). direction keys work ok, it seems though. I can't rule out that it may just be a fluke, but I thought I'd report that just in case it's more common. I'll keep at it though, I'm sure it's not going to do that every time. For reference, I run Win7 64 bit and use a iBuffalo Classic USB Gamepad (SNES). Not sure if that makes any difference, but yeah. :)

You will needs to configure your control pad in ZC. There is a new preference option in controls, to use the analogue stick instead of directional buttons. Be sure to turn that off, and to configure the up/down/left/right gamepad buttons, which is a new option.

You may likewise need to remap your keyboard keys using the same prefs. You may be using my settings at present.

I also own one of those gamepads (the red and gold, FC style), and I'll test it. Remember to plug in the joypad prior to launching ZC.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 20 September 2017 - 10:42 PM.

#44 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:59 AM

Is it just me, or does 'q' (quick movement cheat toggle) not work anymore?

#45 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:15 AM

Is it just me, or does 'q' (quick movement cheat toggle) not work anymore?

Hmm, I essentially never use cheats other than Warp, so I'm not sure. I know that Saffith reconfigured the cheat keys so that if they were mapped to a control button, they would behave differently. The cheat keystrokes would work better if they required a modifier key, IMO. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users