• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 Shane

Shane

๐Ÿ’™

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:20 AM

I made an entire area, 20 screens to be exact. I honestly thought I was behind. :P

• Eddy and Avaro like this

#32 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:33 AM

I've made a whopping... 0. So actually, I was going to be doing a group project with Moosh, but then a bunch of stuff happened, including but not limited to Moosh getting sick and me getting an interview in Chicago scheduled right in the middle of the contest period. So now Moosh is doing his own thing, and I'm going to have to withdraw. Much as I'd like to participate, given the multiple days that are suddenly gone from my two weeks, I don't have the time to work on a solo entry.

#33 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

Too bad, but the interview is good news I suppose :) Out of curiosity, what theme were you going with?

#34 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:54 AM

I made an entire area, 20 screens to be exact. I honestly thought I was behind. :P

10 screens. I think you're ahead, dude. :P

But yeah. Mostly been doing engine stuff. As I said, the great Lejes adventure.

• Shane and Avaro like this

#35 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

I completely finished the town in the quest and I've made a cave but I have yet to make the temple :)

#36 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

Too bad, but the interview is good news I suppose :) Out of curiosity, what theme were you going with?

We were going with "A role-playing game where you must obtain collectible elementals while being torn between the forces of good and evil". I actually had a quest idea from the last random theme contest, and Moosh and I were adapting it to fit the new theme.

Also, cool stuff Joel. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, especially given your recent success in SotW.

#37 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

I think I'm going with:

Title:

Nuclear Spelunking Insurrection

Themes
An action game where you free bats to become the king.

Alternately, I might use this one: "An adventure game where you have been contracted to kill knights to find love". With the current set-up, it literally requires changing one tile, and a string. :P I have some self-imposed rules too, which should make things a little more interesting.
Spoiler

#38 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

Made about 6 screens, because confusion regarding new computer. ...I am slow. :P

#39 Shane

Shane

๐Ÿ’™

• Moderators

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:21 AM

Almost at the half way point in development, been making several screens a day. Been quite fun. :)

• Eddy likes this

#40 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:54 AM

So, funny story. I thought I was gonna be completely fine with two weeks to get this short quest done. I didn't get much done in the 1st week, so I thought in the 2nd week I'll have plenty of time to get a lot of stuff done. Sudden homework appeared out of nowhere, 5000 word essay project appeared out of nowhere, so I definitely won't finish the quest on time. Because of that, I'm gonna have to withdraw from the contest in order to focus on my studies :/

I'll probably finish what I already have at a later date when things aren't so crazy, but good luck to the other contestants and I'm looking forward to seeing the entries!

#41 Golden Guardian

Golden Guardian

• Members

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

Unfortunately I wasn't anywhere near my computer (or any other for that matter) for the first week. I've started working today, but I've already got the basics of a very small overworld done and was able to plan out a plot, dialogue, mechanics, etc. For those curious, the title and theme I'm going with are:

Cute Bubblegum of Love:

A role-playing game where you annoy legendary warriors in gigantic strongholds.

I've had a ton of fun planning it, and with all the pre-planning I did, I think I'll be able to get this done in the 7 days I have. I was very tempted to go with the zombie slapping, but I like the ideas I have for this one better now.

#42 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

I won't have a quest on my own, but I'm helping Polaris with his. Made a lot of scripts and screens :) I finished an area yesterday.

• Shane and Eddy like this

#43 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

I think I have to drop out. Good luck, my dudes.

#44 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

I don't think I'll be able to complete the quest before the contest ends... but I'll be sure to try and finish the quest in my own time and hopefully submit it to the database. So, don't be so disappointed :) (This doesn't mean I'll extend the quest, It'll still have the same plan I made before)

• Shane likes this

#45 Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

So, I got a fairly significant amount of work done on my quest, but unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to finish the rest of it in the time left.  It is close enough to being finished that it might be on the database in the near future.  Good luck to everyone else finishing up their quests!  Looking forward to the entries next week.

Also if anyone was curious, this is what I was going for:

Titles:

Epic Mushroom Explorer

Themes:

An adventure game where you go to school with dwarves and itโ€™s very grindy

• Avaro likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users