Hello i want to know if is posible to make zelda classic on android

it would be aweasome to play those quests on my phone on anywhere i want

• ZeldaPlayer likes this

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

It may someday be possible in the future with the completely-rewritten ZC 3.0, but with the current version of ZC it is completely, 100%, totally impossible to port ZC to any more platforms besides Windows, Mac, and Linux.

#3 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

Isn't this on the wrong sub board?  Anyway, it does present an interesting discussion...how would this work, and go about playing custom quests anyway?  Could you imagine fake touch screen controls on something like this?  Combined with those Fake Difficulty type quests where you walk into a room, and it's completely filled with enemies, with no safe spot?

#4 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

it would awesome for the ZC player to be portable, but with the current versions it would require a rewrite... Although it might be possible If there was a DOS version ZC 2.5.

All someone would have to do is emulate a DOS system with DosBox and there you go :P 

#5 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

I am pretty sure there are DOSBox ports for Android.

#6 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

I am pretty sure there are DOSBox ports for Android.

Yea i try with doxbox turbo on android and it runs slow and unplayable unfortunately :(

Isn't this on the wrong sub board?  Anyway, it does present an interesting discussion...how would this work, and go about playing custom quests anyway?  Could you imagine fake touch screen controls on something like this?  Combined with those Fake Difficulty type quests where you walk into a room, and it's completely filled with enemies, with no safe spot?

there are phone with phisical buttons like xperia play and other new phones will be come out with buttons

It may someday be possible in the future with the completely-rewritten ZC 3.0, but with the current version of ZC it is completely, 100%, totally impossible to port ZC to any more platforms besides Windows, Mac, and Linux.

I will wait :)

#7 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Just curious: What were the specs for the hardware you tried DosBoxTurbo on? Are we talking last-gen smartphone, or something like an OUYA? ..Actually that's a good question. Anyone try ZC via DosBox on the OUYA yet?

#8 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Just curious: What were the specs for the hardware you tried DosBoxTurbo on? Are we talking last-gen smartphone, or something like an OUYA? ..Actually that's a good question. Anyone try ZC via DosBox on the OUYA yet?

i got Much i5 smarthphone , is one of the lastest , came out like on oct 2013 or close

it got 

• quad-core 1.2GHz
  • Memory (ROM): Internal 4GB ROM + 1G RAM LPDDR2

and even with those specs it still run slow and the sound is choppy

this is the link if you want to see the phone  http://www.willgoo.c...reen-p-355.html

Edited by nandobyker, 20 February 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#9 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

That should be more than enough to run it. Maybe DOSBox is limiting the program's speed.

#10 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

That should be more than enough to run it. Maybe DOSBox is limiting the program's speed.

This is more likely. I have looked around the Play store and it seems like the good DosBox apps come with price tags. If you read the comments you'll see some of the free versions are limited.

#11 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

I know the vanilla DOSBox has different CPU emulation modes, and the default is a pretty slow clock rate. It works well for old games but would be unsuitable for ZC. DOSBox tries to automatically figure out the correct mode, but can't always.

#12 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

So... my Windows Phone?

#13 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

If only.

#14 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

So... my Windows Phone?

if only it were that simple. I would load up windows or Linux on my phone and play some quests. ZC only supports desktop operating systems. That's the simple answer.

#15 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

With one of these, you'll never have to worry about touch controls ever again. And it really does work perfectly, I'm playing GTA: San Andreas with it, and the game almost controls tighter now than it did on the PS2. This thing really turns your phone into a viable gaming platform, and I've been using it more than my 3DS recently when it comes to handheld gaming. The same company has made a similar controller for iOS, though I have no experience with that.

But this thing and Zelda Classic? I'd be down!

MOGA-Pro-Power.png

• Shane likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users