• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#16 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

That... is amazing.

Huge congrats to all the devs for making this happen! Give yourselves a big pat on the back and whatnot - you earned it!

FYI, though, you forgot to change the about text. ZC still claims to be Beta build 23 from November 4.

#17 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Dec 21 2012, 11:57 AM) View Post

This is like... the official finished Zelda Classic 2.50 right? icon_freak.gif

Can't believe this day actually came. After 6-7 years of waiting we finally have something stable again? Really have to try this out and I will literally eat my hat and pants if it indeed does work. This man will continue doubting until he sees the product in action and working properly. icon_biggrin.gif
By the way, is the ZC community still going strong? I'm just wondering will there be people playing my quests if I do some more? Oh man I haven't touched ZC for years but now would be a perfect time to get back into things...

I at least would play it.

#18 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 21 2012, 11:39 AM) View Post

Well, now we start rewriting the whole thing from scratch. But there'll also surely be a 2.50.1 to fix more bugs, probably within a few months.

IPB Image

...well if there's a scripter hell, I'm definitely going there for that joke.

QUOTE(Peteo @ Dec 21 2012, 11:57 AM) View Post

I'm just wondering will there be people playing my quests if I do some more? Oh man I haven't touched ZC for years but now would be a perfect time to get back into things...

I definitely would. I would probably have been pestering you constantly to make a new quest for years now had I not thought you were completely done with ZC.

Edited by Moosh, 21 December 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#19 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(MoscowModder @ Dec 21 2012, 12:11 PM) View Post
FYI, though, you forgot to change the about text. ZC still claims to be Beta build 23 from November 4.

No, that was definitely updated... You sure you're using the right one?
I hope there isn't a mirror still serving RC5 or something...

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

#20 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Dec 21 2012, 05:57 PM) View Post

By the way, is the ZC community still going strong? I'm just wondering will there be people playing my quests if I do some more? Oh man I haven't touched ZC for years but now would be a perfect time to get back into things...

I would!

And now Shoelace should work on Eye of the Moon again, he promised! icon_razz.gif

And this is amazing news. It ain't april fools right?

#21 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Dec 21 2012, 05:57 PM) View Post
As far as statistics go, we are currently in a period where more quests then in any other year have been released. Also, with LPs and reviews getting more and more popular over the course of the year, people (other than the author) bring attention to quests, too. It might not really "feel" that way, but yes, we are going strong. To me it feels a little like the core of the comunity is reshaping with most of the oldies gone but that's not nessecarily a bad thing. (Also, some of the oldies have retruned too, and who knows what this final 2.50 release will bring, as many left with the lines "until 2.50 final release"?)

Edited by Sheik, 21 December 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#22 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Only took nearly eight years. icon_deformed.gif

Really, though, this is truly special. Thank you to all of the developers! Take a gosh darn break! You've earned it!

#23 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 21 2012, 12:18 PM) View Post

No, that was definitely updated... You sure you're using the right one?
I hope there isn't a mirror still serving RC5 or something...

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

There should only be one mirror, at shardstorm, and I uploaded the same files there as to the main site.

If there is a problem with the files let me know (preferably on AGN, I don't check in as often here) and I can upload new versions ASAP.

#24 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Best birthday present ever!

But in all seriousness, I'm really happy that this has finally happened. icon_biggrin.gif While I had been far more optimistic that it would get finished for the past year due to how stable the RCs have been, I'm still just kind of amazed that it's actually here. 2.50 has just always seemed like something off in the distance, so I guess it's taking time for it to sink in.

Thanks for all the work, developers. Be sure to take a long break and relax. Seriously. icon_razz.gif

#25 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

This is much better than the end of the world. Congratulations, developers! Perhaps this will give me the motivation to finally finish making a quest. icon_wink.gif

#26 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

About damn time, It took forever. but its finally here!. Woo Hoo!
2.50 is finally completed!!!, Congrats Devs! Take a break now. you guys need it!

#27 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

It's the end of the world...

...of unfinished versions of 2.5.

I just want to give a big round of applause to all the involved developers for their time, commitment, and effort. Now everybody enjoy, play, make, and appreciate.

The best way to give back to the developers is to make quests, play them, show videos, do Lets Plays, and anything else that can show ZC 2.5's capabilities in action. Show evidence of the results that started with them.

#28 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 21 2012, 10:39 AM) View Post

Well, now we start rewriting the whole thing from scratch. But there'll also surely be a 2.50.1 to fix more bugs, probably within a few months.

Will the rewrite be open source? Or will it still depend too much on Phantom Menace for that to be possible? If it is open source will rogues like me be allowed to submit contributions? Questions upon questions. If its open source i hope its object oriented with this paradigm very heavily used and also C++ also i hope you will use plain ol' SDL for it since its very cross-compatible relatively bug-free and easy to code once you wrote your own wrappers. Probably a tiny bit harder but nice also with the right wrappers is OpenGL, probably IF you did your job right also slightly faster than SDL.

#29 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

D'oh! Knew I forgot something! Where's the link for 2.5 source version? Did that get scrapped?

#30 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

IPB Image

Yeah, It's kinda like that.

Happy end of the world everybody!!! icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users