Photo

Zelda Classic 2.5 RC4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
266 replies to this topic

#31 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

any thoughts on my issue?

#32 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

The problem there is that solid damage combos are allowed now, so even the unwalkable parts cause damage. I'll be sure it's dealt with one way or another, but I'm not sure yet what the best to handle it is. Maybe just a compatibility rule, or possibly a new one for partially walkable combos...

#33 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

word. I think I mostly understand what you are saying. your workaround would default to the old way, then, so converts aren't screwed up, I assume.

#34 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

I was able to open ZQuest on my Mac, but ZC fails to open.

#35 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Well, shoot. I think I know what happened: I forgot to account for the different quest directory on Mac. Go into the ZC app, into Contents/Resources, and move the 1st-4th quests out of the application to where the various .txt files are.

Hm. I'll have to find a better way to deal with that...

#36 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

So, not sure if this is a bug or not, but just discovered this when playing around with large mode. Basically, if you set something as your favorite combo, then insert new combos, the favorites list gets offset and screwed up. Other stuff, like undercombos, isn't affected by inserting new combos, which would lead me to believe it's a bug with the favorites list.

#37 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Aug 22 2012, 06:17 PM) View Post

Well, shoot. I think I know what happened: I forgot to account for the different quest directory on Mac. Go into the ZC app, into Contents/Resources, and move the 1st-4th quests out of the application to where the various .txt files are.

Hm. I'll have to find a better way to deal with that...

I moved the 1st-4th quests where you suggested, and ZC opened, but it said the 1st quest could not be found.
So then I copied and pasted the 1st-4th quests so that they were in Contents/Resources as well. Then it worked.

#38 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Worse than I thought, then. icon_razz.gif Oh well, shouldn't be too hard to fix.

#39 SnarkyCrow

SnarkyCrow

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

While ZQ can open up, ZC refuses to open and crashes.
It seems you say to move the qst files else where, I am not computer savvy but where are they needed to move in order to work?

#40 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

Right-click the ZC app and choose "Show Package Contents," then go to Contents > Resources. Copy the quest files from there to the directory where the applications are, the same place where std.txt and the others are.

#41 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

Found a pretty serious glitch in ZQ:

I was adding unwalkable combos over water on layer 1 (Water being on layer 0) along the side of the screen. Second row from the bottom suddenly all turned into that combo. I tried replacing it with a blank combo, but it would change. I switched to the actual layer 1 screen, and was able to change the combo, but the base screen still remained unwalkable where the combo was. Kinda hard to explain, so I'll upload a screenshot when Photobucket stops being offline D:

#42 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

Can you reproduce that at all? Any backups of the quest from just before? Could be there's some sort of corruption involved there, so keep copies if you can.

#43 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

It appears to only happen to me on screen 70. All you need to do to replicate it is just grab any tiles and drag it (excuse my lack of proper terms D:) down the leftmost column and it should set the entire second-to-last row as whatever combo was selected.

Replicating it with a walkable combo gets rid of the phantom unwalkable combos, but it's still a problem. I'll post screenshots tomorrow.

Edit: I just opened a blank quest to test it and it didn't happen again. Not sure what caused it, I could send you the quest file if you wanted.

Edited by FefeRawft, 23 August 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#44 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Yes, please do.

#45 Xyvol

Xyvol

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

I've come across something weird when using the whistle to warp. If Link is taken to a Dmap with an intro string for the first time, causing the string to display, then he will be invisible (no sprite) when the whirlwind drops him off. He is still there, can move, use items, slash with the sword, ect. Using the whistle again in this state causes the whirlwind to only take him the edge of the same screen and deposit him there, visible again. It won't happen if the string doesn't display. I was able to reproduce this in a test file on my computer at work. I just removed the strings from those Dmaps in my game so no biggie, but thought you should know about this strange behavior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users