Photo

ZC 2.5 RC 2.5 (Windows)

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#1 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

In keeping in line with the long traditions and confusioning nature of the ZC versioning system, I give you the second-and-a-half release of the second-and-a-half major version.

There have been many tweaks and new features on the Windows-specific code, so please do test them.

EDIT: The shardstorm links appear to be broken. For the time being use the alternative (MediaFire).
EDITMORE: String deletion bug and DLL issue hath been fixeth'd.

#2 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

says file not found.

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:31 AM

Will there be an RC2.5 for Mac and Linux eventually?

#4 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:42 AM

I'm sure it'll get released eventually. It'll have to be, pretty much. icon_blah.gif But I'm betting Gleeok has to wait for Saffith and _L_ to compile the other versions.

I have a question for you, Gleeok.

* ZSCRIPT: Added Bitmap drawing and further transformed script rendering into a state machine with the following Screen functions: SetRenderTarget(int target); and DrawBitmap(...);

Do you mean this can draw image files to the screen?

#5 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

Sorry, there seems to be some problems with the shardstorm repo right now. Also it seems that the free hosting I had been using for uploads has expired. So.... plan C: Repackage and uploaded to Mediafire. icon_razz.gif *crosses fingers*

Try it now.

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Dec 2 2011, 04:42 AM) View Post

* ZSCRIPT: Added Bitmap drawing and further transformed script rendering into a state machine with the following Screen functions: SetRenderTarget(int target); and DrawBitmap(...);

I have a question for you, Gleeok.
Do you mean this can draw image files to the screen?

Not quite. It means you now have access to 7 off-screen memory bitmaps to use as you please for all other Screen->Drawing commands. To draw sections of those bitmaps to the screen (or other bitmaps) you just call Screen->Bitmap(). You can set the target bitmap by using Screen->SetRenderTarget(id);

For example:
CODE

Screen->SetRenderTarget(RT_BITMAP0);
Screen->Quad(...); //Draws now to bitmap 0 instead of screen
Screen->Rect(...); //ditto
Screen->SetRenderTarget(RT_SCREEN); // ..
Screen->Bitmap(6, RT_BITMAP0, ...); // draw bitmap 0 to the screen.

#6 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:32 AM

Ah, that form of bitmap drawing. I know some places refer to drawing from files as bitmap drawing, so I wasn't sure.

Still, that's definitely an interesting feature. icon_thumbsup.gif I like a lot of the stuff in RC2.5 from what I'm reading in the changelog, though I am worried that stuff like "* Pushing a heavy block no longer triggers secrets regardless of which push flag is used." might break more old quests.

#7 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

Ooh. There's a rather serious problem with string deletion I hadn't submitted the fix for yet, so... Maybe don't delete any strings in this one. icon_razz.gif

#8 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 2 2011, 05:39 AM) View Post

Ooh. There's a rather serious problem with string deletion I hadn't submitted the fix for yet, so... Maybe don't delete any strings in this one. icon_razz.gif

What?!

...You mean this: http://armageddongam...trings-shifting

How about a little warning next time? icon_razz.gif

#9 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

No, a new one, much worse. Try this: delete a string, then select the one under it and move it up a space.

Might as well commit it now, since the shardstorm links don't work.

#10 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

Put up a fixed version.

(Sorry if you already downloaded the first one.) icon_razz.gif

#11 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

This one works but what is new? Is there an update list?

#12 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

This is a complete list of every update made to ZC2.5. Looks like the fact the last build was released didn't make it in there, but it includes the string reorder fix.

#13 Warrior_of_Death

Warrior_of_Death

Majora ban evasion

• Banned

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

Should probably post in here instead of that other thread I made. So, the colors still keep getting messed up on my netbook when I try to start ZC in fullscreen mode, regardless of any other settings. Are there any possible culprits? Anything general (i.e. category) or maybe specific (programs/drivers/whatever) that would interfere?

#14 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

I have two big problems with this build:
Every time you use something other than your controller (such as the mouse or the keyboard), it crashes ZC! icon_thumbsdown.gif
Also, every time I try to exit ZC, it crashes! icon_thumbsdown.gif

Edited by XMuppetSB, 03 December 2011 - 10:01 AM.

#15 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

Is anyone else getting crashes? -Nothings really changed in the code that could cause that, just in the way I like to compile stuff: with full optimizations on everything. [obligatory comment] "I wanna go fast". [/obligatory]

I've also been playing through a little bit of some quests with this build (I admit I have not played ZC much in a long while) , and had a thought that perhaps the zconsole could be misused somehow? I assure you this hadn't crossed my mind when I put that feature in. It was wholly designed to make beta-testing, bug-finding, and script debugging much easier for quest makers and scripters as they were designing or testing them. If anyone has any concerns/comments/ideas about this then it's best not to wait until the final version is released. You can try it out by setting the option "debug_console = 1" in the config file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users