Somewhere in Between
This quest arose from my need to take a break. A break from working on The Darkness Within. A break from using DoR. A break from planning everything out concretely. I glanced at a few screens I'd make for the various screenshot challenges, started forming a story, and soon, a new quest was born. I've been working on it in secret for the past two months, and now it's ready for release.
- Put together in the PTUX tileset
- An soundtrack made entirely of original midis
- Two overworld areas and two dungeons, which can be done in any order
- There are no items other than the sword; however, over the course of the game, you power it up with the ability to shoot beams, fire, and ice
- Said sword upgrades can manipulate the environement
- A new green and blue heart halves system replaces the old heart piece system and encourages exploration of both areas
- Fully scripted bosses
- And more!
A young man finds himself trapped in a strange new place and must find his way back home. Starts out nice and simple, and gradually builds up to something a little less simple.
Music: All the creators of the songs in the Original Midi Pack, and Alestance for compiling them all into one easy package.
Graphics: Mr. Z for PTUX, Peteo and DFW for the Lost Isle Set, and Prospekt for his edited sprites, which I edited some more.
Scripting: Schwa and SpacemanDan for support and help, Blackbiship and Joe123 for downloaded scripts.
Inspiration: Pokemonmaster64, who encouraged me (both knowingly and unknowingly) to be a bit more script-heavy.
Support and criticism: TS, SC, Schwa, and William, who all gave me support, as well as critique on various things.
Post-release bugfinders: Octorockoncrack
Last updated August 2nd, 2012