Continue Point Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 January 2023 - 09:14 PM

Is it possible to have a quest continue like it normally would (at the last place visited with "continue here" checked) if you use end game and continue or die and continue, but then also have it start you somewhere else if you save and quit back to the menu and then reload the quest?

Edit: What I want to do is be able to load the game after quitting back to file select screen and be taken to the title screen, but if you die or continue normally you are taken to the last continue point.

Edited by Korben, 30 January 2023 - 02:00 AM.

#2 Yuuki

Yuuki

Recipient of Ways

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 05 March 2024 - 11:38 PM

This is how the Zelda 1 game over screen behaves - maybe it will help you:

https://zeldadungeon...ve-retry.76216/

#3 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 March 2024 - 01:34 PM

With scripts, yes. There's an `onSaveLoad` slot which runs specifically when you load from the file select screen, so a script in that slot could change your respawn point.

• Yuuki likes this

#4 Yuuki

Yuuki

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 09 March 2024 - 05:50 PM

With scripts, yes. There's an `onSaveLoad` slot which runs specifically when you load from the file select screen, so a script in that slot could change your respawn point.

How can I access that onSaveLoad slot?

Edited by Yuuki, 09 March 2024 - 05:52 PM.

#5 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 March 2024 - 10:17 PM

How can I access that onSaveLoad slot?

you write a global script, and assign it to the `onSaveLoad` slot in the slot assign window after compiling.

• Yuuki likes this

#6 Yuuki

Yuuki

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 11 March 2024 - 09:42 AM

you write a global script, and assign it to the `onSaveLoad` slot in the slot assign window after compiling.

Ok, so that "View Script Slots" window is opened by clicking the 'Slots' button at the bottom of the ZScript->Compile ZScript... window.  Thanks.

Edited by Yuuki, 11 March 2024 - 09:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users