Photo

Screenshot of the Week 52

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 23 March 2004 - 10:54 PM

And the nominees are...

blckscab
user posted image
since there are many people who havnt seen any sreenys of SI or even heard of it. I thought i should enter my fav. screeny in. This is the blood fountain! >=)

WildBill
user posted image
A test screen made with the Adventure Island set.

a guy and his game
user posted image
I don't think pissing off robots is good...

PolygonX8
user posted image
Wow, this looks easy.

Hero Link
user posted image
Yay!! More octoroks.

Yoshi
user posted image
2 Gleeok 2s, 5 hearts. 8 Windrobes, 8 hearts. Tons of statues that shoot fire, 20 hearts.
Knowing when to wear your brown pants, Priceless...

Teilyr
user posted image
Curse you, Stalfos!

link3505
user posted image

skateboarder11
user posted image

#2 Matt

Matt

Come on!

• Members

Posted 23 March 2004 - 10:55 PM

Good stuff.

#3 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 23 March 2004 - 10:58 PM

Wild Bill, easily.

#4 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:03 PM

Teilyr has some incredible screen design, so I'll vote for him.

#5 DToE

DToE

I need a good Vincent Valentine Avatar

• Members

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:05 PM

I chose WB, but Tei was close second. I just liked the brightness of WB's better.

#6 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:09 PM

If I weren't in the competition, I'd vote for Teilyr's. Excellent screen design.

Second would be Hero Link's. He's still doing a great job remaining true to LTTP. icon_smile.gif

#7 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:11 PM

Once again, null vote. Tei's screen is amazing, though. icon_smile.gif (Yes, it IS the room design)

#8 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:39 PM

I've always loved that shot of blckscab's, but WildBill's is just awesome.

#9 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:22 AM

All right. Here we go again. And please, don't make a big number of my reviews this time, thank you:

blckscab - Very dark, very dark. But very good anyway. Nice tiles and really interesting looking screen. A quest I would love to try.
7 / 10

WildBill - A pretty good shot.Great tiles, but boring layout and has some other small issues.
6 / 10

a guy and his game - Ugh... There's so many things wrong that I don't know where to begin. Why the heck there's a classic Link in the shot. Doesn't fit at all. And everything else... well, the boss looks actually pretty nice.
2 / 10

PolygonX8 - Well.... Tiles, ok. Layout, a bit boring. No big details or anything.
4 / 10

Hero Link - Quite good. Interesting caption, good layout, ok tiles.
6 / 10

Yoshi - Wow! That shot is using 7 different tiles? And that black Gleeok... icon_sweat.gif
1 / 10

Teilyr - Well that's a great shot! Great layout, nice tile usage and good tiles. Great caption.
8 / 10

link3505 - Uh... ok. Bland, boring, those freaking ugly balloon trees. But other tiles are very good.
5 / 10

skateboarder11 - Hmm... well it is bland, the tiles are basic stuff... but somehow the shot looks actually pretty nice. maybe it's those fish statues. icon_smile.gif
4 / 10

An ok week. Teilyr gets my vote. Those other shots don't come even close. :\

#10 Joe

Joe

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:10 AM

This is an impressive week!

Kudos for the excellent work!

I look forward to seeing each in its respective quest (a guy can dream).

Thanks - Joe

#11 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:26 AM

blckscab's got my vote. WB's was good, but there are too many things that I don't like about the Adventure Island set.

#12 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:51 AM

blckscab - Nice tiles, something fresh, if it's not already raining, add some red rain or something. 6th

WildBill - So, it's a nice tileset, you haven't even come close to using it's full potential yet, but nice. 3rd.

a guy and his game - I dunno what is going on with those link sprites and the odd tiles...Nice boss 8th

PolygonX8 - It's very..square...but I love those blocks! 7th

Hero Link - Wow..That is a classic shot...I praise you for your effort.4th

Yoshi - Black gleeok? No walls, fireballs up the gazoo, on hardness.. 11/10 on quality -1/10 9th.

Teilyr - I love it. Perfect screen, makes good use of tiles, and that fire, that fire just wins it for you. Nice hearts, but the top, border looks just like Adventure Island's set, but reversed. 1st.

link3505 -Nice trees! They're a bit too big, but I like the screen. You almost had it. 2nd place

skateboarder11 - It looks very different? I like the walls...they give it a nice feel.5th

#13 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(Darklink813 @ Mar 24 2004, 10:51 AM)
the top, border looks just like Adventure Island's set, but reversed.

That was my intention. It's my homage to PrinceMSC's awesome tiles.

I didn't rip his, but I did create a new border based on look of the one from AI.

It may change again.. I'm creating new stuff all the time. icon_lol.gif

#14 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 24 March 2004 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(Petoe @ Mar 24 2004, 08:22 AM)
WildBill - A pretty good shot.Great tiles, but boring layout and has some other small issues.

I'm just curious. Could you explain what makes the screen layout boring, and what the other small issues are? If I know, I can possibly meliorate this screen and many others that I have created.

#15 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 11:52 AM

Personally, WB, I think it's the layout of the cliffs, and .. perhaps the blandedness of the river. But that's all. Make some "cliff-overhangs with shadows." Those are awesome! icon_wink.gif

EDIT, after seeing Teilyr's post below.: .. No, I mean.. there's nothing in it, (Besides cool water.) and it flows straight down, with little to no variation below that point. .. Then again, the river is dayamn cool. Unless you're a die-hard detail finder, it's quite ungodly. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users