Photo

Screenshot of the Week 206

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

Poll: SoTW 206 (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

CC- all of my shots are always cropped ZQuest screens, I just throw Link in there to make it look action-ish.

#32 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

I nulled.

CC- It seems your creativity is limited by the tile selection of DoR, thus using overworld tiles with a cave set and a lot of other messy looking stuff that doesn't blend with it. I suggest you start drawing a lot more of your own tiles now so that someday you will be able to express your ideas more beautifully with them.

HylianLegend- DoR Grass and Dirt mixed with GB style stuff, MC trees, and those mountains from ZFGC doesn't work that well for me.

ZebraStallion- Quite bland, honestly. This has to do with the problem that Pure's pallete has a plain straight green and brown color ramp. Get some more color with flowers and such and using lake borders on grass doesn't look good. Try using the subtler transition tiles, if you know what I'm talking about. icon_thumbsup.gif

Links R Us- The pallete is too blurry and not vibrant enough for MC tiles. Also there is too much style clashing, again.

Giddidy- Great use of the SD3 tileset, but there isn't much else to say.

LostinHyrule- What I wanted to say has already been said.

#33 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(Fire Wizzrobe @ Apr 16 2008, 02:58 AM) View Post

I nulled.

CC- It seems your creativity is limited by the tile selection of DoR, thus using overworld tiles with a cave set and a lot of other messy looking stuff that doesn't blend with it. I suggest you start drawing a lot more of your own tiles now so that someday you will be able to express your ideas more beautifully with them.

icon_eek.gif
Y... yes? Limited by DoR? If you mean it for this screen, then I can't disagree you, since I put down all custom tile idea here... But if you meant it for my whole quest, then I can say that I ripped a lot of tiles from the MMDWR set, from ALttP set, NoeL's tiles, some other random places and drew a lot of custom tiles including a 100% custom dungeon wall set... Of course, it's still not enough, I should draw even more... It's just extra time and I'm still nowhere in progress.

#34 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

I voted for LostIn. I'm not too fond of the rain, and the rock so close to the left side of the screen is a bad idea. However, the general feel and setup of the screen is great. Very depressing and graveyard-y (Yeah, that's my word for today)

#35 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:58 PM

Glad you liked my shot, Relic.

Oh, and even though it's too late for me now, this is what I would've posted given a bit more time:
IPB Image

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 16 April 2008 - 03:00 PM.

#36 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

Hm...... I voted for ChastChaos. I then would of voted for HylianLegend, if CC didn't enter.

#37 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

wow Giggidy.. just stuning wow!

#38 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

I have a question, for the next SOTW, would I be alowed to submit an updated version of my screenshot? I didn't see anything in the rules about having the same screenshot twice...

#39 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:14 PM

You can. I believe Link1996 submitted two years in a row. It was an accident, but still... icon_razz.gif

But I can almost assure you that you will not win, if people have seen the shot before. Unless you REALLY change it.

#40 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:14 AM

Well, I coted for Link R Us, because I like the array of colorful, cartoony tiles.

#41 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Apr 16 2008, 03:58 PM) View Post

Glad you liked my shot, Relic.

Oh, and even though it's too late for me now, this is what I would've posted given a bit more time:
IPB Image

That looks a lot better. The rain is no longer a distraction, yet you still experience the effects of it. The color change of that ledge is also much better. With certain color distractions removed, it is much easier to notice the best parts of the shot.

#42 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

Yeah. Meh, I rushed the shot the first time. Anyway, thanks.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 17 April 2008 - 01:16 PM.

#43 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Apr 17 2008, 11:12 AM) View Post

That looks a lot better. The rain is no longer a distraction, yet you still experience the effects of it. The color change of that ledge is also much better. With certain color distractions removed, it is much easier to notice the best parts of the shot.

What he said. Though, my main beef with the rain is that it's too repetitive. When the rain is so thick like that, there should be two alternating tiles, at least. But, since it's a Game Boy set, and they're not exactly the most detailed graphics of all time, it works

#44 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:26 PM

This winner for this week is CastChaos. Congrats on the win! icon_razz.gif Also, SotW 207 will start later today.

#45 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

Congratulations, CastChaos!!! This is your... third win, is it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users