Photo

Screenshot of the Week 202

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 2002 (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screenshot!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

billy ronald
IPB Image
Link heads for Hyrule Castle Ps: Scorry about it being a jpg

Gleeok
IPB Image
Space fighter to mission control, The stupid monkey keeps taking stillshots of the fast moving screen with translucent layers and expects it to look good. Well it doesn't monkey, bad monkey! Ugh, now he's flinging poop at me... Oh god it's all over the controls...Oh my god it's everywhere....that's disgusting...he's shorted the quantum shield polarity matrix defribulator... we're losing altitude.. Dear god it's in my hair... What!? he's buying lottery tickets online now..stop the madness. Tell my wife I.....Monkey, what are you doing!!! Tell her...I.....*connection terminated*

LostInHyru1e
IPB Image
Here's your Green, Castchaos!

Moonwhisper
IPB Image
Volcanic Ash from Death Mountain coats the "Golden World", causing death and decay.

*Note, Congrats Gleeok, for having the longest capation in the world. lol icon_razz.gif

#2 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

Moonwhiper gets my vote for a really nice GB/LttP shot.

#3 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

Moonwhisper for me, love the GBness of it and the screen itself is quite great.

#4 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:57 PM

Moonwhisper, by far. LiH and Billy did well, but nothing about their shots screamed out at me. Gleeok... wtf. Wtf, man.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

Moonwhisper gets my vote.

#6 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

Meh, I voted for LostInHyr1e, I see he's working quite well with the winter look. icon_clap.gif

#7 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

billy ronald: (Best/10)
Wow, best screen you ever made. I almost voted it. I don't see errors, simply some other submission appeals me even better. But congrats.

Gleeok: (Fail/10)
Kill that monkey. It makes horrible flu shots. I bet if I submitted such long caption, my submission were rejected. Anyway, I hope there's no any ALttP Lanmola boss script going on there. icon_glare.gif

LostInHyru1e: (Request/10)
Well, would you kill me if I said that the house and the foliage are still plain white? Not like I said that. I say I vote here.

Moonwhisper: (Emulator/10)
Wow, you emulated ALttP to GB well! It's a pity that I just played Megaman X8 which temporary lowered my old-skool mood.

So again, I voted for LiH.

Also, if you wonder what are those weird things after the contestant names in brackets, well... this is called subjective rating! Freedom beats any system anytime.

#8 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

billy ronald is actually the best designed screenshot of the group, mared only by his use of Armos.

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

billy ronald - 6/10
You are getting better at ground details, as I think that is the best thing you got going in this screenshot. The moat can still look better though.

Gleeok - 5/10
My five mostly is for creativity and thinking outside the box. Despite that, I am still not enjoying it graphically. I had to read the caption to try to figure out what was going on, although it was interesting.

LostInHyrule - 7/10
A nice winter shot. I am not sure what else to say.

Moonwhisper - 7/10
I am liking these gameboy tiles more and more, and for what can seemingly be done with them, I am impressed with this. While it doesn't have the graphical extravagance of Pure and DoR, it still has its own unique and nostalgic charm, and you help show that.

My vote goes to Moonwhisper because his screen seems to have the greater risk factor to it.

#10 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

wow doing so well already i meen postive feedback

Billy Ronald: Your shot rules 1st

Gleeok: wtf that is all i can say and i don't even know what wtf is 4th

LostInHyrule: you are great with DOR and espicly winter 2nd

Moonwhisper: GBing LTTP that is the greatest thing anyone has came up with 3rd

#11 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

Meh... this weeks was total meh... nothing good in my opinion... Now, Moony's is ''okay'' but not enough for me to vote for... Billy's is... bad... but as DFW said, the armos usage is ''good''... and quite ''cool''...
But the rest of the shot sucks... along with the palette... it's overused and... sorry Radien, ugly.
So...
This week, I'll go against my own words and don't vote... cause I really can't find the best shot this week... cause all of them sucks in my opinion...
And yes, I'm having a bad day.... get over it!

EDIT:

Billy Ronald: Your shot rules 1st

Just so you know... comments like that are imature and disqusting... and they make you seem like you think you're better than everyone... which you're not. I know alot of people do this, so I'm not trying to shoot YOU, and ONLY you, down... but seriously... it's a bad and idiotic joke, that noone likes...
I'm getting annoyed by it....

Edited by Migokalle, 16 March 2008 - 05:07 PM.

#12 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

For once I'm gonna have to agree with Migo. I really do like MW's shot but the rest kinda suck. DoR is so overused already its ridiculous. And terrible usage of DoR is even worse. Billy's shot is horrible, and Lost's is pretty bad as well. Both are definatly not SotW worthy.

#13 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:28 PM

Yes I know it sucks, 60 shades of tan and you still can't tell they are smog and clouds at dusk..or something, without it moving across the screen to simulate flying.

Anyway, I voted for Moonwhisper because I like the dark world feel. And what the hell guys, "DoR sucks and I can make better shots than this so I'm not gonna vote" ..So I voted for you. So there.

#14 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:30 PM

I support Gleeok!

#15 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

I never said DoR sucks... I love DoR... but many of the people that uses it sucks with it... really, really, really, REALLY bad....
That's life... so I support my... Pen...

Edited by Migokalle, 17 March 2008 - 01:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users