Photo

Screenshot of the Week 165

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 165 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:28 PM

Evan the Great
IPB Image
Link fights some octorocs on the beach.

General Fondue
IPB Image

Revfan9
IPB Image
ZZZzzzzz...

Sharon Daniel
IPB Image

Trimaster001
IPB Image
"Link, some of these blocks are disguised as Armos." - Larine

zmaster
IPB Image
Not your average forest temple.

I'd like to remind everyone, again, to put the SotW number your entering for in the PM title. Thank you

#2 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:32 PM

Null'd. I couldn't choose between Sharon Daniel, Trimaster001, and zmaster. They look great, but I just couldn't decide...sorry.

#3 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:34 PM

Leaned towards Revfan, despite the fact he used the mountains wrong, it still had the most stuff 'happening' in it in terms of detail and design.

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

Evan the Great: I don't have any concerns about your shot. I just can't vote for you. Sorry icon_frown.gif

General Fondue: Too Empty

Revfan9(vote): You finally got the idea about great gameplay and graphics icon_cool.gif

Sharon Daniel: I know you have better shots. Needs a bit more detail

Trimaster001: Entered for fun icon_smile.gif

zmaster: I suggest not to enter dungeon entrance shots. People quote that they've seen too many of them.

#5 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

I liked Trimaster001 for its palettes icon_thumbsup.gif
also Evan the Great and Revafan have some good ones too. icon_smile.gif
Still, i prefered Trimaster001's

#6 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:43 PM

Yah. Too lazy to make a transition tile icon_razz.gif. Anyhow, straying from my other critiques, I'm only gonna say good things about the rest of the shots, and I'm not going to comment on my own.

I have nothing to say on the rest of the shots. Sad.

Null'd.

#7 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jun 10 2007, 08:34 PM) View Post

Leaned towards Revfan, despite the fact he used the mountains wrong, it still had the most stuff 'happening' in it in terms of detail and design.

I don't see too much "happening", considering the shot was taken in ZQuest. Hell, even the transparency colors are ****ed up.

BUT YOU DIDN'T HEAR THAT FROM ME.

Edited by Sharon Daniel, 10 June 2007 - 09:45 PM.

#8 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

Yeah. I never even intended it for SotW, but I had it, so I submitted it to give Relic 3 shots.

#9 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:54 PM

Well, you have the most votes so far. Good game. icon_deformed.gif

#10 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

I personally don't think it deserves the most votes. The clearing of shadows smack in the middle of the screen puts too much emphasis on that one spot, when there's nothing there. Plenty of details, but too many flowers. The bridge is a nice touch, but it's off to the side. The fence just shouldn't be there at all, and neither should that puddle at the top. There are a couple of errors in mountain usage, cause Pure didn't have tiles to fix the errors, and if I had intended this for SotW in the first place, I would have fixed all of these problems first.

An error in the usage of the LttP overbrush as well, and... umm...

The graphix be'th lame

EDIT: Also, it needs Link, enemies, and a damn subscreen.

Evan: Palm trees look strange. Sand is just flat-out ugly in this palette. Square, boring mountain design. lack of details on the ground.

Fondue: No details at all. Boxish feel. Oracles rooftops on LttP houses looks beyond terrible. Shot feels very rushed and very empty.

Sharon: Too boxy for my tastes, even for a dungeon. Nice floor tile edits, but other than that, there's nothing special about this shot.

Trimaster: Again, boxish. Too much brown on green. Purple trees. Too many of a single type of oracles tree, and there's just nothing to look at.

zmaster: I'm too boxy for your love. There's nothing going on.

Edited by Revfan9, 10 June 2007 - 11:08 PM.

#11 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:37 PM

Nice floor tile edits,

Custom, dammit! 100% custom!!! I'll kill you! icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif

icon_heh.gif icon_razz.gif
Sorry. I had to respond to that humorously to avoid sounding like a snob. (I still have to kill you though. icon_freak.gif)

#12 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:23 AM

My shot needs some more mountain detail.

Fondue: lame shot, houses look hideous.

Revfan9: GENERIC PURE SHOT. How did this get so much votes?? WTF?

Shazzy: Quite a bit to square but nice floors and palette.

Trimaster: Nice shot although the walls are kinda boxy.

zmaster: Nice shot, don't see any problems here.

#13 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:44 AM

I voted for you Evan!

As for the rest every one else has summed up so far, as for what I think of your screens!

a close second would have to be SD all though it is boxy.

#14 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE(Evan the great @ Jun 11 2007, 01:23 AM) View Post

Revfan9: GENERIC PURE SHOT. How did this get so much votes?? WTF?

See, your argument fails. Every shot this week is a generic Pure shot. Mine is just the worst.

EDIT: AND DAMMIT PEOPLE STOP STEALING MY WORD!!!

Edited by Revfan9, 11 June 2007 - 01:45 AM.

#15 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:45 AM

I personally don't think it deserves the most votes. The clearing of shadows smack in the middle of the screen puts too much emphasis on that one spot, when there's nothing there. Plenty of details, but too many flowers. The bridge is a nice touch, but it's off to the side. The fence just shouldn't be there at all, and neither should that puddle at the top. There are a couple of errors in mountain usage, cause Pure didn't have tiles to fix the errors, and if I had intended this for SotW in the first place, I would have fixed all of these problems first.

Revfan...

I am so confused by you. You showed this picture to me last week saying that this is how Pure supposed to be used, and how other Pure shots need to look like. Then, I pointed, the flowers, the fence that shouldn't be there, the leaves, and the puddle on the top. And then you told me, that the flowers, the fence, and the puddle was fine the way it was. What happened from last week 'til now? You confuse me.

However, I do like the picture Revfan. There are some design flaws in it, however, you know what they are, but you easier win this week. The design is better than all of the others. So, good job with that. *votes*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users