Photo

Screenshot of the Week 161

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 161 (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:36 PM

DarkFlameWolf
IPB Image

Nuvo
IPB Image

Revfan9
IPB Image
The more technology grows, the less people fear the lake god... Is this a good thing?

For some reason, I thought I had four entries. If I missed your's, feel free to ***** to me about it, and I'll add it in

#2 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:41 PM

First vote/post!

I voted for DFW. Very nice. icon_smile.gif

#3 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:45 PM

DFW : you can't go wrong with that screen not too much detile not to little and everything flows right

Nuvo : The house doors on a cave to me that doesn't look right

Revfan9 : Too much detill because I can't tell if that is a bush or ground combo and your trees look like they take up a quarter of the screen each.

so in order of who I would have voted

DFW
Nuvo
Revfan9

#4 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:51 PM

Wolf: You're screen design never ceases to amaze me. Nice colors and intersting graphic choice.

Nuva: Not ot bad, but the Link and the Darknut seem out of the enviroment. Good, but not quite as good as DFW. I like the mountain doorway.

Rev: Nice, but the water at th top just seems to distract one from the whole image... besides placement of the dark spots and light ones I'm not enterily sure how to fix that though. The bottem of the screen seems empty, and the Golbin statue seems out of place, with no shading right next to the beautifully shaded tree.

All good shots, I am left feelign happy icon_biggrin.gif.

#5 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

Ah, another week, another SotW...

DarkFlameWolf:

Same old problems as per the graphics this time. The grass texture just sucks. Period. Just use the plain LttP green if you don't want to import a new texture. Seriously. The pink trees are overused here, and those shadows on the left feel really out of place. The screen just feels really crowded, and the leaftop roof on that little wooden house has a very akward transition and just feels out of place. The recoloring on that cow is terrible. Not as good in terms of design as you usually do (which isn't that stellar anyhow).

4/10

Nuvo:

Hmm... Strange use of DoR here. The barrels ontop of the crates is a nice touch, but a few things feel out of place here. That treehouse thing in the corner? What's that even doing there? It doesn't even have anything on it... And, to congradulate you on using the SD3 sand properly, which I haven't seen much of lately. On the mountains, the usage is correct but it... just feels odd. Maybe because you made them tower up so high? Also, the LttP door leading into the cave is just wrong. Get rid of it.

3/10

Revfan9:

I hate you.

-42/10

Not much special this week. Just 3 random basic Pure shots.

#6 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ May 6 2007, 03:52 PM) View Post

Not much special this week. Just 3 random basic Pure shots.

icon_eyebrow.gif
I really don't understand your usage of the word Pure.

#7 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:57 PM

Well, in terms of SotW speak, Pure and DoR are the same thing. They look nearly the same and are used by everyone in pretty much the same way.

#8 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:09 PM

They look nearly the same and are used by everyone in pretty much the same way.

How else would you use them?

IPB Image

icon_confused.gif

#9 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:16 PM

As to why I use the same term for Pure and DoR. I also use "Pure" to describe all of the tilesets in the DB that are just BS, Oracles, and LttP recolorings (which most of them are).

#10 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:22 PM

I also use "Pure" to describe all of the tilesets in the DB that are just BS, Oracles, and LttP recolorings (which most of them are).

DoR doesn't even fit under that classification.

#11 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:27 PM

Revfan. icon_razz.gif
I don't see why people think it has too much detail. It looks like a commercial game to me. icon_shrug.gif

#12 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:30 PM

SD: 90% of tiles in DoR are rips from the GB Zeldas, BS, and LttP.

SP: I know... I was honestly worried that people would think it didn't have enough detail, and people are saying it has too much! If you look at the screen itself, the majority of the tiles are just the grass tile, which I thought people would pick up on...

#13 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

DFW: Looks nice, no complaints, tis a good shot to lose to.

Nuvo: So, the main reason I sent this in was to get a little more attention to my shots, people seem to ignore them when they are put in the screen shot thread, maybe I'll get some C & C this time around.
Now, about the Darknut and Link, and all of the enemy looking guys standing around, well, I want to refrain from using the GB sprites as much as possible, because, well, the GB sprites suck, the darknut is simply just a guard, while the other two guys are just workers in the town.
Lets see, Rev. Please define what you meant by my strange use of the DoR set.
Hmm, uh, about the treehouse thing in the corner, it's simply a walkway, does it need to have anything on it?
Now about the door, well, I think I am going to make some transitions into the doorway so it doesn't look so out of place. The door leads into an underground city path, I wanted it to have a little civilization to it instead of just a cave.

Revfan9: Looks nice, I don't know what it is, but something about the shot just draws my eye away, it's possibly the huge contrast between the colors of ground to the colors of the trees, I don't know, maybe that is a good thing.
I should also probably get to work on that Link sprite too eh Rev?

#14 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:00 PM

SD: 90% of tiles in DoR are rips from the GB Zeldas, BS, and LttP.

Yeah, and 84% of statistics are made-up. icon_rolleyes.gif

#15 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:08 PM

BTW...

IPB ImageIPB Image

I changed the water to purple at the last minute to make the lake seem more mystical, but I think I just hurt the shot. Opinions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users