Photo

Type B Quest Contest Entries

Z-Zone Contest Type B

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Type B Quest Polls

Most Type B experience

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most investment potential ($$$!)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most fit for creator's taste

Best overall quest (personal taste)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 19 August 2021 - 03:51 PM

Hello everyone, I'm here to announce that yesterday concluded the Type B quest contest in the Z-Zone! For those unaware, this was a two week contest (+ a 4 day extension) where the theme was to make a quest in Type B style. This is, of course, up to the creator's interpretation, but you all have the opportunity to judge which quests accomplished this the best.

Entries

Making a Quest in 1.92 and Actually Finishing It (MaQi192aAFI) - Moosh [1.92+]
Note: This quest was, legitimately, made in 1.92. It should play fine in 2.5, but if you want to be safe, play it in 1.92.

Saint James Place - Joel [2.53+]

B Type - Anonymous (!) [2.53+]

Remnants of the Dark King - Haylee [2.55 latest build]

Spikes of Doom - Darkness 3576 [2.10+]

Note: This quest was volunteered into the contest by Mitsukara. The quest was not originally made for the contest, of course. It was made far too long ago for that.

Categories

Here, we have 4 categories for voting.

The first category is which quest embodies the Type B style of quest the most. A good heuristic is how much a quest embodies the gameplay of Liberation of Hyrule.

The second category is which quest would be most profitable, or which quest could potentially grant the best return on investment, should the creator figure out a monetization scheme. This may be selling the quest, or putting microtransactions in the quest, or some other manner. Of course, copyright would have to be contended with, unless the quest was monetized under the black market (although I do not officially condone this), or monetized in a way that circumvents copyright entirely (e.g. promoting creator merchandise within a quest). 

The third category is which quest fits the creator's taste the most. This requires some interpretation, as the majority of you are not the creators of these quests, but an image can be built up at how much these quests match the creator's taste by comparing the works to their other works. 

The fourth, and final, category is which quest appears to have made changes to fit popular appeal the most. For example, as noted by James24 previously, things such as easy modes generally go against a creator's taste in order to appeal to a wider audience, or putting more effort into graphics than necessary in order to appeal to more people even if the creator themselves does not mind how their quest looks. 

Afterword

I am glad you made it to the end. The voting will close on August 29th (about a week and a few days from now), and a winner will be announced soon after.

Originally, I intended on entering, but unfortunately I got caught up in other things and decided against rushing together a demo. I would like to actually finish the quest at some point, however.

Thank you all for participating, and enjoy the quests!

• Rambly, DarkFlameSheep, Twilight Knight and 11 others like this

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 August 2021 - 03:59 PM

This contest has been a can of laughs. I hope you all will play my entry in 1.92 (the true type B version) for the full experience. Should you not you will endure a horrible and entertaining punishment.

• Rambly, Mitsukara, Eddy and 1 other like this

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:03 PM

To those who it may concern, if you were in the Z-Zone Discord server, you may have chanced to find that I was making an entry, you may have noticed that my entry is no where to be found. This is because Type B is for Bazinga! (name TBD) was put on the back-burner for my Type A ambitions. Unless there was monetary incentive, my Type B masterpiece will be made at my own pace to my own personal taste. Talk is cheap, talking is meaningless, talk is nothing, I care not for the verbal support; I will make my Type B masterpiece at my own discretion. Do not come at me barking, for I will put you in the dog pound if you do so.

To those who have made it, may your Type B masterpieces be noticed by a local rich master. Unless that is of course, y
ou are your own rich master and have paid people to make your Type B masterpiece for you.

• Rambly, Twilight Knight, Mitsukara and 5 others like this

#4 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:23 PM

Page me if anyone stream these, while I'm quite interested in seeing these, my time is far to valuable as to play them myself.

• Mitsukara, Mitchfork, Russ and 2 others like this

#5 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 19 August 2021 - 06:38 PM

This is very good. I'll be streaming all this quests very soon - if you happen to miss out on this stream, and wanna check it out, you can do so as I'll be uploading this content to YouTube. 

May there be another Type B contest, and may these entries live on and rise to appease James24!

• Anthus, Mitsukara, Mani Kanina and 1 other like this

#6 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 19 August 2021 - 07:30 PM

If I feel like it, I will touch them or some of them.

• Anthus likes this

#7 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 19 August 2021 - 08:35 PM

Oh money talks doesn't it?  Money makes the world go round and round and round and round and round and round and round.  The dog's brain does not understand the business language but it does understand money and oh boy does it chase money.  It mere mention of it drives the dog wild and crazy and it barks endlessly with joy.

Just for the record folks, I never claimed to be rich or poor.  My status is a mystery which I don't share.  I never said I would or would not be paying for quests in the future.  All I did was post a couple of topics suggesting the idea of such a thing and toying with its possibility.  What if this is all an elaborate hoax?  What if I'm lying?  Its your risk to take should you try and make a type B masterpiece.  And remember, awarding the title of masterpiece is solely up to me.

I have a look at everything that comes out on the database to see if it suits my tastes and it should be interesting to have a look at these entries.

• Rambly, Anthus, Twilight Knight and 9 others like this

#8 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 19 August 2021 - 09:21 PM

James, it's impressive to me that you seem to be so caught up in your narrative that you seem to think people made these for you, rather than people made these to make fun of you.

Man, it takes effort to not shit post, probably wasn't worth it.

#9 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 19 August 2021 - 10:18 PM

Enjoy the contest entries if you're playing them, James. I actually put quite a bit into my entry, despite the silly nature of the contest itself.

• Anthus likes this

#10 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 19 August 2021 - 11:00 PM

would love to hear your thoughts on the entries should you get around to playing them, james.

• Anthus likes this

#11 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 August 2021 - 11:50 PM

I will try to play these, but lets be real, we all know I won't finish any of them >.>

#12 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 20 August 2021 - 01:38 AM

Dogs understand money

Dogs understand money

0niimtB.png

vB8NtfW.png

Edited by Rambly, 20 August 2021 - 01:46 AM.

• Anthus, Taco Chopper and Mitchfork like this

#13 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 20 August 2021 - 03:55 AM

You know what I think?  I think that most quest makers at some point feel the pinch of the purse.  Its human nature to trade your work with other humans - that's how our species survived in its infancy.  Now, you take away that trade and work just doesn't seem right to a human anymore.  I certainly know several projects that have collapsed because their creators weren't being paid.  Some of them really hurt the ZC community.  If only they had a rich master to take care of their day-to-day expenses whilst working on their project, ZC might be a different place now.  Am I a rich master?  I think that's what this contest is trying to find out.  If he is then at least you'll catch his attention.  If not, then this was all a joke designed to make fun of him.

Lets see the quest entries - Moosh is very good almost Liberation like.  I like it.  Joel, definitely a type B quest but I think the quality in some parts is lacking.  I suppose that the best you can do in 10 hours.  Anonymous - the early part is hard to figure out.  Spikes of Doom - short but sweet and definitely type B.

But lets be serious here - these demos aren't any match for a type B masterpiece that's on the database right now.  And if I was a rich master I'd be asking those who already have existing type B masterpiece and I wouldn't be looking at these.

• Anthus, Shane and coolgamer012345 like this

#14 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:21 AM

Edit: I said James24 no longer needs my useless advises, so I deleted it.

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 21 August 2021 - 01:30 AM.

#15 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 20 August 2021 - 05:22 AM

You know what I think?  I think that most quest makers at some point feel the pinch of the purse.  Its human nature to trade your work with other humans - that's how our species survived in its infancy.  Now, you take away that trade and work just doesn't seem right to a human anymore.  I certainly know several projects that have collapsed because their creators weren't being paid.  Some of them really hurt the ZC community.  If only they had a rich master to take care of their day-to-day expenses whilst working on their project, ZC might be a different place now.  Am I a rich master?  I think that's what this contest is trying to find out.  If he is then at least you'll catch his attention.  If not, then this was all a joke designed to make fun of him.

Lets see the quest entries - Moosh is very good almost Liberation like.  I like it.  Joel, definitely a type B quest but I think the quality in some parts is lacking.  I suppose that the best you can do in 10 hours.  Anonymous - the early part is hard to figure out.  Spikes of Doom - short but sweet and definitely type B.

But lets be serious here - these demos aren't any match for a type B masterpiece that's on the database right now.  And if I was a rich master I'd be asking those who already have existing type B masterpiece and I wouldn't be looking at these.

I'm glad you were able to see the merits of these quests. I didn't expect any masterpieces, but that is not surprising considering a two week contest + some change. Perhaps one day someone will be inspired by these quests to make something rivaling a masterpiece.

• Anthus likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Z-Zone, Contest, Type B

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users