Photo

The 2015 Summer Two-Week Quest Contest Auxiliary Poll #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Auxilary Poll #2 (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Vanilla Award

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Balance Award

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Presentation Award

Vote

#1 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:53 AM

Hey, just because a quest didn't win the Summer 2015 Two-Week Quest Contest doesn't mean it shouldn't get any recognition. Here, you can vote for other awards as well. Unlike the main poll though, you're limited to one vote per category. Contest entrants: Please vote for somebody other than yourself. Now, descriptions of the awards.

Vanilla Award
Some people like to script themselves an entirely new engine in ZC. Others, however, like to bend ZC's default features to their will in extrodinary ways. This award is for those who most creatively used ZC's base features (that is to say, those who made the coolest things without scripting).

Balance Award
It's easy to throw down a bunch of enemies and call it a day. But proper difficulty balancing is much trickier. This award goes to the quest that is most well balanced, that quest that was never too hard or too easy, but just right.

Presentation Award
While many like to say graphics don't make a game, they can certainly improve it, as can good music selections. This award is for the quest with the best use of graphics and music. It doesn't have to be a good quest, just one that used graphics and music spectacularly to achieve the desired effect.

Don't forget to vote in the Main Poll and Auxilary Poll #1!
  • Jared likes this

#2 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

JMC

• Members

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:48 AM

I have made my votes, so let me tell you why!

Vanilla Award:

For this I chose Rhapsody. I have chosen this quest because it was amazing seeing what it did without much scripts.

Balance Award:

Though this quest didn't really do well with difficulty when it split paths, I still find it great how the enemies slowly increase in difficulty and then if it gets too much, you can just go somewhere else to have an easier challenge. Yes, the quest I am talking about is... The Slipstream! 

Presentation:

Though I didn't look at the presentation that much, I still found asshole.qst (mind my language) to be the best out of it all. I found the music fascinating. It was a quest to be played again, but I only  had one problem. It didn't have much detail, though this didn't effect my rating I still found the quest to need more detail.

That's all I can say here, see ya!

Edited by Joelmacool12, 07 September 2015 - 03:48 AM.

#3 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

Vanilla Award:

Gonna go for asshole.qst for a pretty unique sidescrolling experience with what looks like no scripting used at all. The interesting graphics along with a pretty standard script-less experience made this quest a lot better.

Balance Award:

Gonna go for The Slipstream. This quest seems to have the perfect difficulty for all the areas in the quest and I don't recall finding an area in this quest with unbalanced difficulty.

Presentation:

Not gonna lie, it was pretty close between asshole.qst, Freedom in Chains and The Slipstream, but I'm gonna go for Freedom in Chains. The graphics look a lot like Lyrics of Death (another sidescrolling ZC quest, highly recommended btw :P) mixed in with some Super Metroid stuff. Music selection is pretty neat and the overall presentation of the quest is very well done.

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Administrators

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:15 PM

Vanilla:

Rhapsody is easily the taker of this category. It sticks to its guns and does it well. asshole.qst is a very close second for being a fun little platformer using mostly default features, if not all default features.

Balance:

The two quests that stand out the most in balance to me are Rhapsody and The Slipstream, both with a couple minor issues. All in all, I think The Slipstream felt the most balanced, never feeling too difficult, and always leaving the player in control.

Presentation:

Freedom in Chains, The Slipstream, Legend of Lana Gaiden, and Rhapsody are all nice-looking quests, the latter two having nothing to do with me having a soft spot for well-designed Koten quests. While they're all pleasant to look at, The Slipstream takes it for me; Instrumentality is used very well, the music is pleasant, it's all just great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users