The Slipstream

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Aevin

Aevin

Lucas, the Reluctant

• Administrators

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:20 AM

Zoria: So far, so good. There should be another area accessible from the Desert other than the underwater area. You have all the items you can get so far.

Edit: Oh, I see you found it. :)

#17 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:27 AM

Zoria: So far, so good. There should be another area accessible from the Desert other than the underwater area. You have all the items you can get so far.

Edit: Oh, I see you found it. :)

Here is my inventory, thus far:

zelda048.png

I'm in the 'Moon Meadows', with a playtime clock of 3h, 26m. Some of that may have been while I left the game running, so floor it to three hours. Are there other areas that I can visit, or am I locked into this one?

Thus far, in terms of non-linearity, I can say that it still feels very linear.

The difficulty spike for this section, is quite intense, and I feel as if I'm missing HP increases.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 18 August 2015 - 03:27 AM.

#18 RedTribeLink

RedTribeLink

Junior

• Members

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

ZoriaRPG: The Heart Containers are hidden in:

Spoiler

I wanted to have a detailed minimap for this game, but the only reason there isn't one is because I was running out of time.

As for the raft and underwater sections, the raft script is actually Moosh's, and is currently in the database here.  The underwater section is actually not scripted at all.  It uses conveyers going down and tile modifiers to give the mermaid look.  I'm glad you enjoyed both the areas.

The Moon Meadows is pretty difficult.  Since it's the next to last area I wanted to make sure that the player was prepared for the end.

#19 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Administrators

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

My review is up. If you care about such things, I found a couple of typos:

- In the village, Zephos says "unfortunant" instead of "unfortunate."

- In the shop, the shopkeeper mentions that the tome will revive you for ten rupees, when I assume you meant stopwatches; I subtly referenced this in the review. :P

- "You released all those monster on the world" during the final battle, which should be "monsters."

Solid quest!

• RedTribeLink likes this

#20 RedTribeLink

RedTribeLink

Junior

• Members

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

@The Satellite: Thanks for reviewing it!  You really described the game perfectly.  I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I have been taking all of the suggestions and critiques I've heard from here and on streams into consideration and will be working on making a mega-updated version of this game later this year to make it an enjoyable addition to the database.  Thank you for said suggestions and critiques!

Also, that shopkeeper got really confused lol.  :P

• The Satellite likes this

#21 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Administrators

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

I'm looking forward to it! :)

#22 Einsiety

Einsiety

~ Blaze Fielding ~

• Forum Moderators

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:56 PM

Just finished this quest in my stream today.

It's pretty great. The bosses are a liiiiiittle imbalanced (One of the bosses was super easy, and another had an odd hitbox), but that didn't detract the quality of the quest. 4/5, and keep up the good work.

#23 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:15 AM

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but I found an error:

IiLMaJ9.png

Don't you mean 10 stopwatches rather than rupees? :P

Either way, this a really great quest so far. I'm loving it.

Edit: Just finished the quest! Review below:

This was a fantastic quest. I really got immersed into this with the new clever uses of items and enemy weaknesses, which really made great use out of items rather than the sword. Screen design was pretty great. I found a few errors here and there but it's nothing major and was pretty well designed for a quest being made in 2 weeks. Design choices were pretty neat and gimmicks for each area were very cool. I really like the multiple uses of the Hammer, especially using it to harden lava.

Enemies were a tad on the tough side, and I died quite a lot more than I was expecting. It could probably be the fact that the enemies damage are a bit too high which made the quest a bit harder than it was probably supposed to be. Another thing is that bosses were fairly easy, which I don't mind at all. However, I did notice that the Stalfos boss was way harder than the rest of the bosses in the game (except for the final boss), so there's a bit of a balancing issue there since I flawlessly beat all the other bosses, but not the Stalfos.

This quest is also somewhat bug free, except for the swamp which is buggy as hell, but I'll let that slide since this was made in only 2 weeks and you already know about how buggy the raft in that area is. Nothing was too tedious besides that though and I had plenty of fun.

Overall, this is a great quest. I recommend it to everyone, and it's definitely amazing for it being made in just 2 weeks, so good job to RedTribeLink.

I will give this quest a 4.5/5, which rounds up to a 5. I now want to know what happens next :P

#24 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Administrators

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:30 PM

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but I found an error:

IiLMaJ9.png

Don't you mean 10 stopwatches rather than rupees? :P

I already mentioned this you doofwad you are hereby FIRED and BANNED FROM PUREZC.

no okay

• Eppy and Eddy like this

#25 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:46 PM

I already mentioned this you doofwad you are hereby FIRED and BANNED FROM PUREZC.

no okay

Oh nuuuuuu. I sorry ;_;

I should probably read other people's reviews before pointing out stuff :P

#26 Shane

Shane

Epic Gamer

• Members

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:45 AM

Playing this quest. Honestly? I'm not joking when I say this might end up being my favorite quest. This quest feels really comfortable to play, with a rewarding leveling system and it feels smooth overall. I think the enemy balancing could be a little better, but I am in love with what is shown so far. I am going to finish it tonight hopefully!

• Eddy, Avataro and RedTribeLink like this

#27 Avataro

Quest maker

• Members

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:21 AM

I've beaten the first boss so far and I like this quest a lot! It definetly has a chance to win this contest in my opinion. I got a feeling it will be focusing more on combat than on puzzles, which is fine though. I like the story, the areas and the ideas I've seen so far.

#28 Shane

Shane

Epic Gamer

• Members

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:12 AM

Finished the quest at last! Not much to say other than it was amazing, and it has become one of my personal favorite quests. I might do a full fledged review when I get the time, but this gets my vote. It's comfortable to play and refreshing to boot. It's a little imbalanced but yeah. 4.95/5.

• Eddy and RedTribeLink like this

#29 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:33 PM

The final boss, that was a toughie. Fun game, well done for just 2 weeks of work I will check out others and then give my ratings

Edited by Mister Snooze, 22 September 2015 - 11:17 PM.

#30 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:32 AM

I really like the concept of this quest. Jumping through dimensional rifts and your weapon system kept things fresh. 

Your story was interesting as well. Are you planning on making a full quest in this style?

Good job RedTribeLink!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users